Preferences with reading posts

Debitoo

14 minutes ago, debitoo said:

I can't find where to change the preferences for reading the threads. When I open a thread, I like to see the most recent post first, not page 1 post 1. In the old CC we had that option. Is that not available now?

TIA!

At the top of the royal Caribbean  threads, in the right hand corner there is a  sort by. Click that and check last reply. Then while browsing different post I click on the time the last post , right hand side, and it takes me to that post. Hope I explained it ok.

(I have recently updated checked, sorry)

Edited by retiredgram
correction

5 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

At the top of this thread in the right hand corner there is a  sort by. Click that and check last reply.  Then while browsing different post I click on the time the last post , right hand side, and it takes me to that post. Hope I explained it ok.

Crazy, I don't see that option at all.

10 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

When you are looking at the list of threads, there is a blue circle or blue star to the left of the title.

Click on that and it will (should) take you to the last unread post.

I hope that helps you.

That doesn't start the thread at the last post. It starts at the last unread post. I'd like to see he option of it starting at the last post regardless of read or unread. That's how it was in the last version.

13 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

1338249485_justnow.thumb.GIF.c9f5d253d9a608b7ff2f1466d4930eba.GIF

Thanks for taking the time to post a screen shot.  Something must be wrong with my display, because I don't see the page numbers or the "sort by" field.

6 minutes ago, debitoo said:

Thanks for this but it doesn't work for the individual threads. They still come up with the first post and there is no option for sorting each thread. I've tried this on both FireFox and Edge.

Maybe this will help, in each thread, click on the time like I have in example>  Good luck, hope it helps

1938589953_metoo.GIF.bf4d2487e3388e6fff768204a1452dfc.GIF

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for taking the time to post a screen shot.  Something must be wrong with my display, because I don't see the page numbers of the "sort by" field.

Maybe just my old desk top computer. I know nothing about different browsers and such, just know I am using Windows 7.if that makes a difference. I'll have to upgrade to a different browser someday when this quits working for me.

4 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Maybe this will help, in each thread, click on the time like I have in example>  Good luck, hope it helps

1938589953_metoo.GIF.bf4d2487e3388e6fff768204a1452dfc.GIF

Thanks for the suggestion but it still puts the post at the bottom of the page. All I'd like for it to do is to work like the old CC. Start page 1 with the latest post at the top of the page and the first post on the end of the last page. Simply put, reverse the read order. Oh well, first world problems....:classic_wink:

6 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Maybe just my old desk top computer. I know nothing about different browsers and such, just know I am using Windows 7.if that makes a difference. I'll have to upgrade to a different browser someday when this quits working for me.

Thanks to all for the replies.  :classic_smile:

I'm like Bob, I just don't see these choices.  Maybe it's the browser I'm using.  

4 minutes ago, debitoo said:

Thanks for the suggestion but it still puts the post at the bottom of the page. All I'd like for it to do is to work like the old CC. Start page 1 with the latest post at the top of the page and the first post on the end of the last page. Simply put, reverse the read order. Oh well, first world problems....:classic_wink:

I'd like for it to be like that also. Maybe in the future.

I just had a thought! Maybe this feature doesn't work yet? The sort by feature doesn't seem to change anything in the individual threads or in the Royal Caribbean main thread. Wouldn't surprise me. I've reported it  below here:

How can we improve this page?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks to all for the replies.  :classic_smile:

I'm like Bob, I just don't see these choices.  Maybe it's the browser I'm using.  

I just tried Internet Explorer and I see the choices there.  However, they are missing on Firefox.  Might be caused by some of the privacy options I have loaded on Firefox.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I just tried Internet Explorer and I see the choices there.  However, they are missing on Firefox.  Might be caused by some of the privacy options I have loaded on Firefox.

Makes sense, Bob.  :classic_biggrin:

I'm on Google Chrome.  Thanks for the heads up!

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

This is what I use. At least I know why I see it and some don't. Thanks

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm logged into Edge (the new Internet Explorer) and although I see the sort option here:

It doesn't work when I click on this thread.  It still opens up to post #1 on this sub-thread not the recent post that I have checked in the sort option. There are no options for sorting in the individual threads. The last version of CC had a "sort by"  feature which was global for all sites and threads. Hopefully IT wll fix this as it's really easier to navigate some of these big threads like the "Live" reports etc. I'm in IT so I know it takes time. I'm patient. 😊

Edited by debitoo

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I have the Sort feature using Both Firefox and IE.   I also have Firefox clamped down pretty good and don't get banners or any popup adds.  Also, Port Fever won't load on my FF either because of this. 

4 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

I only see that option for each Thread...nothing to make a preference for ALL of the boards.

Right now the option to sort newest first for each thread doesn't exist, only the jump to latest post button but the thread will still be oldest to newest.