Freedom - Deck you board on

Remember, room check in is usually around 1/1:30pm, so you (or they) may wish to drop off carryon bags first before you meet up.  If you are earlier than that, you carry your carryon with you.   A huge portion of the crowd will go to the Windjammer, so definitely dont try to meet there.  Drinks by the pool bar or sky bar is a good place to be.   Otherwise, just relaxing at one of the places in the promenade is nice... (Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, etc...).   I believe you enter at the promenade level (but not 100% sure)

Edited by BobNoxious

7 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

Looking for a spot to meet our friends as we will be boarding at different times.  I'm wondering what deck we will be boarding on and is there a good place to meet close by?

Deck 4.  Schooner Bar is a good place to meet at the forward end.

2 hours ago, bobmagg said:

My wife will be using a rollator walker.  Will there be much of an incline when accessing the ship?  Lengthy walk?

The amount of incline depends on the port, the tide, and the design of the embarkation ramps. They usually do multiple segments that snake you back and forth up the ramp to reduce the amount of incline on any one segment. Getting on the ship is usually an uphill trek. Getting off at the end of the cruise is usually downhill. It's not a long walk, but you probably want to take it slowly if your wife tires easily, or you can request a wheel chair when you get to the port to make the embarkation easier for her.

My wife will be using a rollator walker.  Will there be much of an incline when accessing the ship?  Lengthy walk?

Yes, there is an incline and a bit of a walk.  You can request wheelchair assistance for initial boarding and disembarkation.

This is an actual photo of my family boarding the Freedom a few years ago.

It looks tough but it was pretty easy....

jacobsladder.jpg

As suggested, you may want to call RCCL Special needs to request a wheel chair. i believe once you get to the terminal then you can let them know upon entering you need the wheelchair. It won't be outside when you arrive and they only have a few. I was thinking of getting one for my husband but he managed the ramp and wasn't in a walker , for his bad knee. 

as already stated, you board on deck 4. Up 1 deck to the Royal promenade. We always go

to the pub for a drink and it is a great place to people watch, especially during embarkation. So many people walking around in awe of the ship. Reminds me of being a tourist in New York city.

13 hours ago, matj2000 said:

This is an actual photo of my family boarding the Freedom a few years ago.

It looks tough but it was pretty easy....

jacobsladder.jpg

Oh my goodness...just last night I ha yet another night of  "cruise ship" dreams, and strangely enough this is almost exactly one of the scenes in my dream! I was just standing there wondering how this was going to go for me! haha  And also dreamed we spent SIX HOURS in the MDR and I was so mad because we wasted most of a day in there! Only 146 days to go...