Premium Alcohol Package

Darlzee

Been following the prices on this for about three months, as of Thursday 11/8 I noticed it went down to $47.00 per day, as of today it is still $47.00 a day.  Just a FYI for anyone interested, I've seen it go up to as much as $55.00 per day.  This holds true for ships equivalent to Adventure of the Seas.

I have been watching the prices for this premium alcohol prices for months. We are on the Symphony in March 2019. Seen it up to $70 a day, then $68. Today is at $58 a day. Which prices should i hold to for the lowest anyone has seen it for this ship?

thank you

Very upset that if spouse gets deluxe package and I don't drink having to purchase deluxe policy too. I have not had to do on prior cruises and going on Ovation of the Seas to Alaska in June 19. We also are bringing 6 more rooms of people who have not traveled with Royal before. Thought this trip would be fabulous and not having expensive drink package shoved to someone who doesnt drink!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 53prairiedoll said:

Very upset that if spouse gets deluxe package and I don't drink having to purchase deluxe policy too. I have not had to do on prior cruises and going on Ovation of the Seas to Alaska in June 19. We also are bringing 6 more rooms of people who have not traveled with Royal before. Thought this trip would be fabulous and not having expensive drink package shoved to someone who doesnt drink!

Thank all the people that couldn't abide by their contract and not share packages, don't blame Royal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 53prairiedoll said:

I believe one can buy the Deluxe package as long as the other adult at least buys the Refreshment (non-alcoholic) package. That's what we did a couple of cruises ago. The Refreshment package has been on sale at times for $18pp per day. Might be a good alternative for some!

26 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I got $48 for our Symphony cruise in feb.  But, I recommend booking now, and cancel/rebook if it gets cheaper

I agree, I paid 42 last year, oasis cruise in weeks keeps changing from 45 to 48, have booked it and then got a cheaper price a few times, that is not a issue. 

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I believe one can buy the Deluxe package as long as the other adult at least buys the Refreshment (non-alcoholic) package. That's what we did a couple of cruises ago. The Refreshment package has been on sale at times for $18pp per day. Might be a good alternative for some!

Unfortunately that is not an option at least not on my account. When purchasing a deluxe beverage package, it automatically selects it for all adults in the cabin. The only workaround that I know of is if someone has a medical or personal reason and doesn't drink any alcohol at all. I'm having the same issue where I most definitely will make use out of the package but the other adult in my cabin doesn't drink as much but still has to get the deluxe package since I am going to. Maybe this will be an option in the future but probably not. 

30 minutes ago, sh2738 said:

Unfortunately that is not an option at least not on my account. When purchasing a deluxe beverage package, it automatically selects it for all adults in the cabin. The only workaround that I know of is if someone has a medical or personal reason and doesn't drink any alcohol at all. I'm having the same issue where I most definitely will make use out of the package but the other adult in my cabin doesn't drink as much but still has to get the deluxe package since I am going to. Maybe this will be an option in the future but probably not. 

I'm sorry. I forgot to add that you can call any RCI rep to purchase 1 Deluxe and 1 Refreshment package for your room. You can't do this on-line; needs a phone call but you can do that for sure!

3 minutes ago, danford said:

Just got off phone with rccl rep if one person buys deluxe package everyone in same room over 21 has to buy deluxe package . She told me this change started in Oct.

Call back.  I just changed from 2 refreshment packages to one refresh/one deluxe.

22 hours ago, 53prairiedoll said:

Your spouse doesn't have to buy the alcohol package, he can purchase another package like the water pkg, or the soda pkg,. You just have to call and tell them that he doesn't drink.  We did this for my brother in law and he ordered the soda pkg.

This is how cruise lines skim the cream off the top! You go on a cruise to relax & have a good time! No one wants to go on a Booze Cruise but it would be nice to enjoy a bottle of wine at dinner & a few cocktails & beers without paying Premium Restaurant Prices! When you consider that the Alcohol is Duty Free & not passed on to Passengers! I have seen mediocre Australian wines on sale on board 60 plus percent more expensive than Main land Restaurants! Come on Cruise Lines dont get too greedy or you will lose customers like you have done with my wife & my self!!

On 11/11/2018 at 4:47 AM, danford said:

Just got off phone with rccl rep if one person buys deluxe package everyone in same room over 21 has to buy deluxe package . She told me this change started in Oct.

Hi guys, we can back this up, it does require a call to RCI, but my wife doesn't drink so she has the refreshment package, and I have the Deluxe package. We did this a week ago, it was a very brief conversation, and they did it for us. Easy as.