Anyone have an updated dry dock schedule for the Silhouette?

bigbeergut

Does anyone have an updated dry dock schedule for the Silhouette?   We are booked on the Feb 2 2020 sailing on the Silhouette, which was supposed to be the second sailing after the dry dock.  However the Jan 24 and Feb 2 sailings on the Silhouette are currently unavailable due to inventory control.  We didn’t realize this sailing was that close to the dry dock when we scheduled the cruise.  I’m concerned that one or both of theses sailings will be cancelled or perhaps shortened.  This is the first part of a B2B so it would really disrupt our plans.

Any help would be appreciated 

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

sillhouette.png

Celebrity Silhouette

1/31/2020

First sailing Feb 14, For Feb 2 sailing  No available categories were found for the date and selected passengers

Thanks.  Where did you find this information?   Can send a link?  According to the Future cruise people on board the Equinox, both the Jan 24 and Feb 2 sailings still exist.

These are the dates that the Revolution should be complete for each ship:

Millie: 2/9/19

Summit: 3/23/19

Equinox: 5/25/19

Silhouette: 1/24/20

Eclipse: 4/1/20

Connie: 5/1/20

Infinity: Fall 2020

Solstice: 10/1/21

Reflection: 1/1/23

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

These are the dates that the Revolution should be complete for each ship:

Millie: 2/9/19

Summit: 3/23/19

Equinox: 5/25/19

Silhouette: 1/24/20

Eclipse: 4/1/20

Connie: 5/1/20

Infinity: Fall 2020

Solstice: 10/1/21

Reflection: 1/1/23

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Eclipse is correct on the link but not on your list. April has moved to November. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

Thanks.  Where did you find this information?   Can send a link?  According to the Future cruise people on board the Equinox, both the Jan 24 and Feb 2 sailings still exist.

All info is from From Celebrity site, exists a difference from Jim info

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/

The reservation information also from Celebrity site

impossible to be ready to Jan 24,  Feb 2 in X MX site it's online but you get that message when try to book a cabin

FYI,  Celebrity has canceled the January 24,2020 and February 2,2020 sailings on the Silhouette.  The dry dock is scheduled to be completed on January 31, 2020 and they have added a 14 day sailing on January 31 for anyone that wants to go on the first cruise after the dry dock.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

I was on the Feb 2.  By any chance they'd let me keep my cabin and price of I rebook the 31st?  

If your cabin is still available, than yes.  I was on the 2/2 cruise too and spoke to my TA last night.  You can book one of the following cruises and keep your price and amenities and get an extra $200 OBC per cabin ($400 if you were in a suite).  

Guests currently booked on the 12-Night Southern Caribbean sailing departing February 2, 2020 who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked on these similar sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate:

Celebrity Silhouette®:
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing December 1, 2019
14-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing January 31, 2020
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing February 23, 2020
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing March 15, 2020

• Like 1

I would advise caution before booking a cruise right after a major ship refit. There is a good possibility that not everything will be 100% complete and that there will be some finishing work still being done with work crews aboard. If that type of thing would bother you it might be best to book a later cruise.  Personally I would never book a maiden voyage (new build or after major refit). 

13 hours ago, sleslie said:

I would advise caution before booking a cruise right after a major ship refit. There is a good possibility that not everything will be 100% complete and that there will be some finishing work still being done with work crews aboard. If that type of thing would bother you it might be best to book a later cruise.  Personally I would never book a maiden voyage (new build or after major refit). 

I agree with you, but we're going to give it a try on 1/31/2020.  We really like cruising early in February to the Southern Caribbean.  We'll be in a Concierge cabin and we won't be dependent upon the Retreat area being completed on continuing work on new specialty restaurants.  As long as we have our balcony and the MDR is open for dinner, we'll have a good time.  We'll take the extra 2 days and $200 OBC as compensation.

I got a call that the 02/02/2020 cruise had been canceled. I booked for 02/23/2020 for the same itinerary. They honored the original price but the go-for-2 promotion I purchased wasn't going to be honored until I protested. The first person I spoke to at Celebrity's call center was useless. I called again the next day and got a great service rep who went to a manager and got it all approved. If you don't get good service when you call try again. Of course this does not apply to those who work with an independent travel agent, in which case you have to go through them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 5:18 AM, bigbeergut said:

FYI,  Celebrity has canceled the January 24,2020 and February 2,2020 sailings on the Silhouette.  The dry dock is scheduled to be completed on January 31, 2020 and they have added a 14 day sailing on January 31 for anyone that wants to go on the first cruise after the dry dock.

We changed our 2/23 to the 1/31 cruise... 2 extra days for the same Aqua class price, and a brand new ship🛳🛳🛳

4 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

We changed our 2/23 to the 1/31 cruise... 2 extra days for the same Aqua class price, and a brand new ship🛳🛳🛳

We'll be there too.  Hopefully the work will be completed before the cruise.  There are several sea days and I'm looking forward to lot's of pool time.

• 3 months later...

Looking at this post...

Is this the date the ships go INTO dry dock or come out?

Our sailing on the Silhouette Feb 14, 2020 is not available for booking on Cel website.

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/

Called TA who called Celebrity and was told "nothing official" in the "pipeline"

No way do I believe that sailing is sold out.

DH thinks that with unfinished rooms on Millie--and now with Summit in dry dock that the managers of the refurbishing realize the schedule is too compact OR they are short on supplies/rooms and need to shuffle..

Celebrity hasnt said anything yet--

We have a great cabin position and perks...

Have read here on the boards that Celebrity is not doing well to give equal value for those bumped off cruises