Pursuit Introduces A Top Ten Cruiser Luncheon

CA Oceanfront

For the first time, according to HD Ryszard, Azamara hosted a Top 10 Cruisers private luncheon in Aqualina, including Captain Toledo, CD Amanda, HD Ryszard & F&B Elizabeth (who will assume HD duties when Ryszard signs off). The luncheon was on par with a Best of the Best dinner, in my opinion, and was specially prepared by Chef Monica, assisted by Chef Tyrone, and was an especially thoughtful gesture by AZ in recognizing some of their loyal guests. I wasn’t under the impression that it will be a regular occurrence, but our specific itinerary allowed for such a special event, and the preparations that go along with it. It was a delightful opportunity to converse with the officers and other frequent passengers in an intimate setting, and I applaud Pursuit’s senior management for hosting such a special event.

Yes a delightful event as they say Pursuit is testing some different ideas so as not to do everything just as Journey or Quest does.  To others reading, its not going to happen every cruise, it all depends on numbers, itineraries etc. but it is a nice touch when it does happen

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Yes a delightful event as they say Pursuit is testing some different ideas so as not to do everything just as Journey or Quest does.  To others reading, its not going to happen every cruise, it all depends on numbers, itineraries etc. but it is a nice touch when it does happen

I suggested a special meal like this for top cruisers on Cruise Critic a year or so ago and you accused me of being an "elitist," saying there were already enough special events.  Glad you enjoyed it.:classic_smile:

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.:classic_wink:

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a great idea.

No top cruiser lunch or dinner on Journey during three cruises in October.

But, there were only two sea days on the total 24 days cruising and it wouldn't make sense to hold a special lunch on a port day.

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Sounds like a great idea.

No top cruiser lunch or dinner on Journey during three cruises in October.

But, there were only two sea days on the total 24 days cruising and it wouldn't make sense to hold a special lunch on a port day.

It was a dinner on Journey. 

Phil 

Yes I have had similar on Journey although they said it was the first time it was done I suspect what they really meant was first on Pursuit or first time done at lunchtime which given the number of sea days was easy to set up. It may have been driven by the number of high figure cruisers onboard (30+ cruises) who might in other circumstances have dined with an officer at an evening function. Logistically easier to set up an event like that. 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It was a dinner on Journey. 

Phil 

I did register that from your previous post Phil.

That's why I included "dinner" in a "Top 10 Cruiser luncheon" thread.

Maybe 7, 8 & 9 night cruises are not considered long enough for a special function like one of those under discussion.

We did however enjoy a special Italian themed dinner for B2B cruisers on the AzAmazing Evening night when the evening was identical to the one only a few days before.

Trish

Edited by Baynanno1

I think this is a wonderful idea. There are now many of us who have between 30 and 50. I like to see something done for us beyond a breakfast that over 100 guests go to. At some point the lower number will need to go up. 

I take the term tip ten as ten total guests who have high numbers. If a dinner I might see this in 2019 but not enough seadays  in any of my booked cruises.

8 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I did register that from your previous post Phil.

That's why I included "dinner" in a "Top 10 Cruiser luncheon" thread.

Maybe 7, 8 & 9 night cruises are not considered long enough for a special function like one of those under discussion.

I think that is the key Trish and it just depends upon the Captain's scheduling too as he needs to be there.  Factor in White Night, Azamazing and Best of the Best and it’s really difficult to fit events in on a shorter cruise.

Phil

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think that is the key Trish and it just depends upon the Captain's scheduling too as he needs to be there.  Factor in White Night, Azamazing and Best of the Best and it’s really difficult to fit events in on a shorter cruise.

Phil

Could well be Phil. We did also have many late departures on the three port intensive October cruises.

Our next two cruises are 17 nights with 3 sea days and 16 nights with 4 sea days.

Trish

On 11/17/2018 at 3:58 PM, marinaro44 said:

I suggested a special meal like this for top cruisers on Cruise Critic a year or so ago and you accused me of being an "elitist," saying there were already enough special events.  Glad you enjoyed it.:classic_smile:

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.:classic_wink:

I apologise I was not aware everything I said and did some time ago was being recorded for posterity. Do you do this for all posters? 

However I’m honoured that you singled me out from the other posters for comment.  Had I realised you were requiring justification I would have been more specific in my post. 

For me an event can be enjoyable and delightful because I appreciate the significant effort made to make it that way but do I think it should be a regular feature - no. So my position hasn’t changed.

And if it does happen it should be as this one was discreet at a lunchtime and not at a time that inconveniences other guests. It should also for the top cruisers be instead of rather than in addition to the usual dinners with officers. 

So so for the avoidance of doubt I did enjoy and appreciate it but a regular event that potentially inconveniences others (especially if you are travelling with others) and happens as a rite is too elitist for me

It's only our second Azamara voyage coming up, so we wouldn't be involved in a loyalty event . . . but I do believe that those who have many (I don't know what the cutoff number would be) cruises with Azamara should be entitled to a loyalty event, whether it be a luncheon, dinner, special excursion, or another special event.

2 minutes ago, Rabo said:

It's only our second Azamara voyage coming up, so we wouldn't be involved in a loyalty event . . . but I do believe that those who have many (I don't know what the cutoff number would be) cruises with Azamara should be entitled to a loyalty event, whether it be a luncheon, dinner, special excursion, or another special event.

Yes these already happen- a nice early champagne breakfast and sometimes a sail away event. Sometimes the phrase less is more comes into play here. 

2 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

As you wrote above, "it is a nice touch wnen it does happen."  Top cruisers with 25 or 30 or 50 or more Azamara cruises merit "a nice touch."  Besides, it's smart business.

The number of cruise could vary by cruise. seems  a Carribbean cruise the numbers might be lower as less loyal guests go. while a med cruise half the ship done over 10 cruises. So the lower number would have to be close to 30. if really a top 10 that 30 could be 40 or 50.

It's a great idea!

We're still to sail on our first Azamara cruise (2020) and will never reach the dizzy heights of even 30 Azamara cruises ---but we are pleased that Azamara now appreciate their most loyal guests. Enjoy yourselves!

Just an aside, Princess has been hosting these special gatherings for many years...