Does anyone know for sure regarding when paper coffe cards expire?

whatcruiseisnext

Just got off the Crown and was told that paper coffee cards expire on December 31, 2018 whether they have the printed date or whether they have no date on them at all.  We were told this by the hotel manager.  However on princess website it still says August 31, 2019. Friends who were on the Royal and were told the same thing.  I know Princess is notorious for not updating their website. Also there is a disclaimer saying it can be changed at any time. So printing off the info on the website and taking with would be useless

We had no trouble using the paper cards on the Crown. We do have one full card left and was hoping to use it on our Caribbean cruise in January. 

It does no good to call Princess and ask because those answering the phone have no clue!

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

14 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

Just got off the Crown and was told that paper coffee cards expire on December 31, 2018 whether they have the printed date or whether they have no date on them at all.  We were told this by the hotel manager.  However on princess website it still says August 31, 2019. Friends who were on the Royal and were told the same thing.  I know Princess is notorious for not updating their website. Also there is a disclaimer saying it can be changed at any time. So printing off the info on the website and taking with would be useless

We had no trouble using the paper cards on the Crown. We do have one full card left and was hoping to use it on our Caribbean cruise in January. 

It does no good to call Princess and ask because those answering the phone have no clue!

They expire August 31 2019 unless they have a date on them.

That is on the Princess website.

We all know once onboard that could be a different story.

• Like 1

I guess we won’t know until we get some feedback from cruisers in January. We have two cards, without dates, that we are hoping to use on our Royal Princess cruise in February. 

Cheers, Denise 

Edited by dchip

39 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

August 31, 2019 providing there is no printed expiry date on the card. Bring a copy of the Princess coffee fine print with you, in case you have difficulty.

1 hour ago, dchip said:

I guess we won’t know until we get some feedback from cruisers in January. We have two cards, without dates, that we are hoping to use on our Royal Princess cruise in February. 

Cheers, Denise 

We will be with you in February on the Royal around South America. I also have two coffee cards I plan to use up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

On the CB they didn't even bother to check for any date. I think they'll be happy when all the paper cards are gone for good. 

That seems to be the fairest way to do it.

Passengers who bought them more recently with a 12/31/18 expiration date should be able to use them until the 8/31/19 expiration date for cards that were purchased years ago without an expiration date on them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On 11/18/2018 at 7:47 AM, whatcruiseisnext said:

I hope that's not the case. My mom purchased one on her first cruise and plans to finish it on a March cruise.  No expiration date on the card, but hoping it's still honored.  We did a BVE on the Grand in June and were told that the cards were no longer being honored on the cruise before.  There were many upset guests.

22 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I hope that's not the case. My mom purchased one on her first cruise and plans to finish it on a March cruise.  No expiration date on the card, but hoping it's still honored.  We did a BVE on the Grand in June and were told that the cards were no longer being honored on the cruise before.  There were many upset guests.

Based on the current Terms & Conditions for cards purchased prior to June 2018 she’ll be able use punches until 8/31/19.

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

You can view all of the T&Cs by looking for the coffee program through the gifts option.  They show them for those purchased before & after June 2018 when the new electronic coffee program was instituted.   I printed a copy of the T&C’s to have when using my old coffee card without an expiration date this Spring. 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on the current Terms & Conditions for cards purchased prior to June 2018 she’ll be able use punches until 8/31/19.

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

You can view all of the T&Cs by looking for the coffee program through the gifts option.  They show them for those purchased before & after June 2018 when the new electronic coffee program was instituted.   I printed out a copy of the T&C’s to have when using my old coffee card without an expiration date this Spring. 

I didn't see anything for pre/post June 2018.  Here is what I saw.  Am I missing it, or are your T&Cs different? 

TC.thumb.png.14598c1c3f12a68f580e0fdc4354a3f6.png

Coffee card T&C.docx

Edited by jennybenny

I see the same information to purchase a new coffee program through my Cruise Personalizer probably because the statement is only for new purchases.

Click on this gifts link & then on Beverage Packages & Cellars to see the different T&Cs for the new program & for cards purchased prior to June 2018.  Hopefully you can view the screenshot for cards purchased prior to June 2018 which I previously quoted.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

4C8237CB-1EBA-4D41-9588-54ACC2FB4293.png

C136BFAB-1F43-4972-B3FE-1C5DDE01DCE8.png

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Astro Flyer said:

That seems to be the fairest way to do it.

Passengers who bought them more recently with a 12/31/18 expiration date should be able to use them until the 8/31/19 expiration date for cards that were purchased years ago without an expiration date on them.

If they really wanted to be fair, they would let everyone who bought the cards use them until gone. 

On 11/27/2018 at 5:26 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I see the same information to purchase a new coffee program through my Cruise Personalizer probably because the statement is only for new purchases.

Click on this gifts link & then on Beverage Packages & Cellars to see the different T&Cs for the new program & for cards purchased prior to June 2018.  Hopefully you can view the screenshot for cards purchased prior to June 2018 which I previously quoted.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Thanks for the link, Frank.  We have an old coffee card that is falling apart with four punches left.  We'll need to be sure to use them on our upcoming cruises.

19 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Thanks for the link, Frank.  We have an old coffee card that is falling apart with four punches left.  We'll need to be sure to use them on our upcoming cruises.

We've got some just like yours. No problem using them today but after Aug 31,good luck