Princess EZ Air AWFUL service

mtnlvr53

2 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

My main beef with this, other than the fact the OP wants to make changes and expects Princess to follow along, is the topic heading about AWFUL service. Like many others here, I’ve had a lot of great experiences with EZair. I wish I could use them for other trips because it’s so cheap and easy.

I am not saying EZair is for everyone or does not a fault or two, but don’t complain that it is AWFUL as if you’re saving everyone from a scourge. It is mostly a pretty good for most of us.

Jim

Just to clarify my issue: I was on the phone for 4 hours BECAUSE they lied (intentionally or not) about a change to my flight that THEY made. I did not ask them to make changes and "follow along" with my request. They changed my route not just my flights which is what caused the problem. When they were telling me that Air NZ made the route change in my ticket they were more than happy to tell me that I needed to make them "eat" the additional charges but when they found out they made the changes their attitude completely changed and they didn't feel that they should have to bear any additional costs.  Remember, I paid for my tickets and had them converted from flexible fares so that I could lock down my price and seat selections.

I wouldn't have said "awful" if it had not been just that. Others may have a great experience: I did not. No one should be placed on hold as many times as I was, no one should have to incur additional charges because THE VENDOR made changes, no one should be lied to by a vendor, no vendor should blame someone else for their decisions. 

My entire career was customer service: I know bad service when I see it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theduffys said:

Color me confused. We will be cruising with Princess, for the first time, next summer. Used EZAir because the price was better than I was finding.  Got our flight itinerary within two days and were happy with it. Since we are taking two Grands on this trip and want to sit together,I went yesterday to the United website to reserve our seats. Using the Confirmation number on the flight itinerary, I was informed that seats could not be reserved because the tickets had not been purchased yet!!  DH"s opinion is that since Princess does not have our money until the final payment, that they can"t purchase the tickets. If that is the case, how did we get an itinerary and confirmation number? 

In the past I have had no problem getting seat assigments on United before Princess had the ticket issued.

Have you called EZAir and asked them to make the seat assignments?

23 hours ago, theduffys said:

Color me confused. We will be cruising with Princess, for the first time, next summer. Used EZAir because the price was better than I was finding.  Got our flight itinerary within two days and were happy with it. Since we are taking two Grands on this trip and want to sit together,I went yesterday to the United website to reserve our seats. Using the Confirmation number on the flight itinerary, I was informed that seats could not be reserved because the tickets had not been purchased yet!!  DH"s opinion is that since Princess does not have our money until the final payment, that they can"t purchase the tickets. If that is the case, how did we get an itinerary and confirmation number? 

I book united through EZ AIR often. My res says tickets not issued/purchased too however I have always been able to select seats domestic/international. Do you have a mileage plus frequent flyer number for United?  Set up your account and add the frequent flyer number. I also added the United mobile app. Not sure why you can’t select seats. I fly United whenever I can for this reason of being able to secure the seats.

My last EZair was a nightmare and I thought I'd never booked with them again. My flight from SFO to Heathrow was a nonstop. And I paid for upgraded seats. However when I got to SFO they stated that the flight was delayed 8 hours. Then it was delayed 10 hours. So instead of leaving at 2 in the afternoon I was supposed to board at 12 a.m. this meant I would get into Heathrow 10 hours later. But I only had a 6 hour window between landing and the ship leaving the port. So I called EZ Air and they said would you like to have us refund your cruise? I stated no I just wanted to know what to do. They said well we have no idea. Wasn't that lovely. I'm a one world frequent flyer so I went up to the desk and ask them what I was supposed to do. Mind you this was a United desk that I went to because BA wasn't even opened. They suggested I checked with one of their partner Airlines, which United was not one of. So they told me how to get to American Airlines. I go running up to American Airlines who fixed it. When I got back I contacted princess and told them of my nightmare. They said well you made the ship right? Yes some service

15 hours ago, knittertwitter said:

I called Princess and they re-booked me to a better flight, but the cost increased by about $350. 

Was the $350 a 'charge' for making a change or did it result from booking different flight itinerary. i.e. with EZ Air flexible fares you can cancel and re-book.

Lets talk about seats and ticketing.  Most folks use the "Flex" option when booking with EZAIR.  Flexair is really nice because you do not have to pay a deposit or pay for your ticket until your final payment to the cruise line.  Even at that point the flights will not generally be "ticketed" until about 45 days prior to the flight.  Up until that time you can actually change or cancel your reservation with no penalty.  The down side is that some airlines will not allow you to get seat assignments until your flight is actually ticketed.  Whether or not you can get seats will depend on the airline and also your seat category.  So folks who are booking Business or First Class might be able to get immediate seats prior to ticketing (we recently did this with Air Canada) while those in Economy or Economy Plus might have to wait until ticketing.  

There is another option if you cannot get seats.  You can ask EZAIR to ticket your flight ASAP which, or course, means you must immediately pay for those flights.  If your class and airline allows for advance seat choice (some airlines do not allow this in certain ticket classes) you can then choose your seats.  Of course once ticketed you cannot cancel or change your flights without penalties or possibly losing the entire fare amount.

Hank

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I book united through EZ AIR often. My res says tickets not issued/purchased too however I have always been able to select seats domestic/international. Do you have a mileage plus frequent flyer number for United?  Set up your account and add the frequent flyer number. I also added the United mobile app. Not sure why you can’t select seats. I fly United whenever I can for this reason of being able to secure the seats.

Thanks all for the great info. So, yesterday I was able to book seats on the United flights over to the UK. when I pulled up my frequent flyer account.  The

return flight is on BA and they say no. My biggest fear is that because this flight is on a Sat. afternoon in the summer, there may be few seats left and the grands will be separated from us.

1 minute ago, theduffys said:

Thanks all for the great info. So, yesterday I was able to book seats on the United flights over to the UK. when I pulled up my frequent flyer account.  The

return flight is on BA and they say no. My biggest fear is that because this flight is on a Sat. afternoon in the summer, there may be few seats left and the grands will be separated from us.

This is how BA does business. Even if it is a United flight number and operated by BA. Either way, booked through EZ Air or booked direct through BA. 

They (BA) don't allow seat assignment more than 24 hours out. Lufthansa is the same way.  🙄

1 hour ago, knittertwitter said:

It was for canceling the original flight and booking a different itinerary.

Sorry to be pedantic - was it because the new itinerary was more expensive or was there a cancellation charge ? I ask because I thought the benefit of EZ Air was that you could change or cancel at anytime with no charge.

11 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry to be pedantic - was it because the new itinerary was more expensive or was there a cancellation charge ? I ask because I thought the benefit of EZ Air was that you could change or cancel at anytime with no charge.

You can change without charge up to 90 days prior to trip; anything past once tickets are purchased; then you would incur a change fee

Edited by AF-1
changed wording

^^^^

Sorry but that is incorrect.  If you have purchased a flexible ticket thru EZAir you can make any changes you want, including cancellation, up to 45 days before the cruise departure date, regardless of when you make full payment for the cruise.  At the 45 days point (or very shortly thereafter) Princess pays the airline for the ticket and it becomes restrictive with change fees.

22 hours ago, Tedferg said:

No worries!  The extra charge was because the new itinerary cost more.  I'm not blaming Princess for the extra cost as it was beyond their control.  I'm annoyed that I secured a very good rate via EZ Air, and then got screwed by the airline because they decided to really mess about with their flights.  I would hesitate to book any US carrier again because based on other posters' comments, cancelling entire flights and significantly changing itineraries seems to be a common occurrence.  I'll probably stick with Canadian airlines because this happens far less frequently.

5 hours ago, racj846 said:

^^^^

Sorry but that is incorrect.  If you have purchased a flexible ticket thru EZAir you can make any changes you want, including cancellation, up to 45 days before the cruise departure date, regardless of when you make full payment for the cruise.  At the 45 days point (or very shortly thereafter) Princess pays the airline for the ticket and it becomes restrictive with change fees.

Or 45 days before the first flight, whichever comes first.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, AF-1 said:

You can change without charge up to 90 days prior to trip; anything past once tickets are purchased; then you would incur a change fee

I correct myself;  it's 45 days and not 90 days