RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

12 minutes ago, marci22 said:

How long after final payment did you find that deal?

That price showed up last Saturday morning around 64 days out from the cruise  The GS were less money than the JS

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Booked balcony guarantee.  Assigned a D2   (ANTHEM of the Seas) 

Receive the upgrade bid email - 77 days until sailing.

Spacious OV Balcony:  from $50pp

Junior Suite: from $200 pp

Grand Suite: from $450pp

All suites are currently showing as sold out.

My balcony cabin still shows GTY on RCI account,  has assigned muster station on sailpass, but TA confirmed room assignment.

We are on the 8/29 Anthem Sailing and received the same Royal Up offer.  We currently have a D1 Balcony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stompy said:

Sure it makes more money for RCI but the original post asked “what’s wrong with just using RoyalUP?” and my response referred to the fact that another benefit was being taken away

I won our bid on the last cruise to a Crown Loft Suite which listed for over $10K which I would never have been able to afford otherwise so the UP program has good points, just not as good as a free upgrade after 20 years of loyal cruising

Royal answers to Stockholders and not C&A. 

I received a Royal Up email today, 16 days after my final payment and 74 days before my cruise, 8/31 on Adventure of the Seas. I’ve got an interior cabin (quite a concession for me as I’m an aft balcony snob), however I had planned to go alone and refused to pay the double rate for a balcony! Now my cousin is joining me, so we’d enjoy a bigger room. The bids are: $50pp Promenade; $100pp OV; and $300pp Balcony.

I’ve  never done this before, so do I bid the minimum or more to get the best chance? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Guess who told him about it!!!  You're welcome!!

I was in Atlanta house hunting,  thank you for the heads up. I'll have to buy you a drink at the sad little rear facing bar. 

8 hours ago, jacads said:

How long ago did you initially book this sailing to get this price?

The price was there early last Saturday morning.  At that time there were 6 GS left.  By around 9am they were gone.  One re-appeared the next morning but was quickly snatched up by someone on the roll call

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The price was there early last Saturday morning.  At that time there were 6 GS left.  By around 9am they were gone.  One re-appeared the next morning but was quickly snatched up by someone on the roll call

Dang.