Specialty Dining Price Decrease

mmsJack

Just an FYI - Noticed this morning that the specialty dining package prices for our cruise have come back down to the *old* (lower) prices. 

$109 - 3 night

$125 - 4 night

$159 - 5 night

etc...

We leave this month (in 2 days to be exact) on a 12 day Silhouette so not sure if this is just for our booking in order to encourage a few more specialty dining package purchases (which seems bananas to me since we sail on Sunday) or if this change has been made on other sailings/ships too?

Thought it was worth a mention in case anyone's interested. 

😁

Just now, ptf2009 said:

Do the prices of the specialty rest. packages include gratuities? With RC, the grats are included when you reserve pre-cruise, but once on board, grats are added to the price.

Included either way.

Good, let's keep these restaurants even more empty and maybe they'll get the hint that people are tired of being taken for a ride and now  they're just employing people in empty specialty restaurants due to their greed. We pay thousands to get on board and shouldn't have to pay more on top of that to get a decent meal. 

19 minutes ago, krmnc said:

Our price for a 4-night package for next Sep is still $149. Going to check on it periodically to see if it goes down. Would buy for $124, but not $149.

Very strange how we cruise the same month 23rd September on the equinox for us yet have different prices 

Edited by yorky

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Very strange how we cruise the same month 23rd September on the equinox for us yet have different prices 

I know. I'm on the Reflection leaving 9/6. It's only a $25 difference, but for some reason that makes Specialty Dining less appealing. I'd rather purchase a discounted first night dinner and then take my chances on getting "deals" while on the ship for any other nights we want to pay extra for dinner.

We are just back from the Silhouette.  We didn't buy a package but found out that they were really discounting  specialty meals on board.  There were people outside the buffet offering specials.  We ate at specialties 3 times; total pp was $85.  This was basically 'free' as we had plenty of OBC to use.

At first they tried to sell us a package; $129, then went to $110.  When we said we just wanted one meal, they were priced at $25, $25 and $30.  We booked meals separately, just one a day and had no problems finding a day and time we wanted.

I realize this may not always work, be we saved a bunch.  The specialty restaurants were fairly empty, although LPC was almost full.  We didn't eat there, but hardly ever saw anyone in Sushi on Five.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

20 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Good, let's keep these restaurants even more empty and maybe they'll get the hint that people are tired of being taken for a ride and now  they're just employing people in empty specialty restaurants due to their greed. We pay thousands to get on board and shouldn't have to pay more on top of that to get a decent meal. 

We LOVE Murano and enjoy it 3 times during a week sailing

MUCH better than MDR.  So wish they'd improve the MDR food..its gone downhill over the last several years and some things are completely gone fro the MDR menu. 

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Our February Equinox cruise is back to normal to. Were the packages included in the 30% off sale? That would explain the readjustment now that the sale is over.

Maybe it varied by cruise, but my 2/1 SIL didn't have the 30% off sale for dining. 

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

We LOVE Murano and enjoy it 3 times during a week sailing

MUCH better than MDR.  So wish they'd improve the MDR food..its gone downhill over the last several years and some things are completely gone fro the MDR menu. 

Tell us about it, probably 40/50% of what dining in the MDR used to be. Actually that may be me being generous.

I’ve been on 3 cruises the last 2 years and the speciality restaurants seems empty every night. Especially LCG and Sushi on 5 seems to be occupied by less than 10 people every night. 

I think the MDR food is great and would not pay anything for a different meal. Also I’m always full on a ship so I doubt I could enjoy the menu to the full any way.