Yet another luggage tag comment! ​😉​

RealBatman

"For those guests who may not have had an opportunity to order their personalized Bag Tag Mailer through www. celebritycruises.com, please follow the instructions below."

Instructions below: PRINT them yourself!

LOL! We are less than 45 days until departure. The link to request "personalized Bag Tags" does not exist anywhere in our on line account... not in "Check In", not in "Luggage Tag 1", not in our reservation, not in "Manage Reservation", nope... nowhere! My thought is that they are not interested in this part of the program as it is likely  expensive (but so is cruising!). 

And I have searched this forum, and pursued ALL of the various advise within the threads (unless I've missed something)... but the only one that will likely work is to call Captain's Club directly. My point here (other than to vent, LOL) is that perhaps Celebrity should remove the above noted admonition. Just end the PERSONALIZED luggage tag program. 

Edited by RealBatman
grammar

I've found that on a number of our cruises the options did not pop up until closer to 35-40 days prior to the cruise.  If I recall correctly you have to complete on-line booking first.

One question.    Are you able to see you Cruise Documents yet?  There is a printable copy in there but once the Cruise Documents are ready the link for the luggage tags show up also.

• Thanks 1

Last cruise, on Millennium back in June, I was able to get them easily via the website link.  This upcoming cruise, Millennium December 22, I was checking constantly once we got down around 45 days out...But nothing.  (The "Cruise docs" had also not shown up as available).
Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I just called Captains Club directly.  They told me it was a glitch in the system...and they put in a manual request to make my cruise docs available...Within an hour of that phone call, the cruise docs DID become available on the web page...and the link to "order Luggage Tags" became active.  I made the request, via the link, and, within about five days, the tags were in my mailbox.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RealBatman said:

"For those guests who may not have had an opportunity to order their personalized Bag Tag Mailer through www. celebritycruises.com, please follow the instructions below."

LOL! We are less than 45 days until departure. The link to request "personalized Bag Tags" does not exist anywhere in our on line account... not in "Check In", not in "Luggage Tag 1", not in our reservation, not in "Manage Reservation", nope... nowhere! My thought is that they are not interested in this part of the program as it is likely  expensive (but so is cruising!). 

And I have searched this forum, and pursued ALL of the various advise within the threads (unless I've missed something)... but the only one that will likely work is to call Captain's Club directly. My point here (other than to vent, LOL) is that perhaps Celebrity should remove the above noted admonition. Just end the PERSONALIZED luggage tag program. 

Disagree. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RealBatman said:

We had to ask a friend where to find the "order luggage tag" button and, even then, never got them. We just called the Captain's Club and they mailed them out quickly. I hope they don't end personalized tags- I love getting them in the mail and it is reassuring to tag my own bags before leaving the hotel when heading to port. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've found that on a number of our cruises the options did not pop up until closer to 35-40 days prior to the cruise.  If I recall correctly you have to complete on-line booking first.

One question.    Are you able to see you Cruise Documents yet?  There is a printable copy in there but once the Cruise Documents are ready the link for the luggage tags show up also.

Yes the Cruise Documents are available (been available for a week), but there is no where to order personalized luggage tags - just the ability to print them... which was my point. 🙂

48 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

The link can be hard to find. Log-in to Celebrity, go to your cruise and click "Manage your Vacation." Click on the tab "Before You Board" and scroll down. There's 2 links, "Print Luggage Tags" and "Mail Me Luggage Tags"

Tried that! No Joy however! (thanks)

22 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

Yes the Cruise Documents are available (been available for a week), but there is no where to order personalized luggage tags - just the ability to print them... which was my point. 🙂

You have the opposite problem.  We could get our luggage tags but not our e-docs.  They don't mean anything anyway but in many years sailing with Celebrity this is the first time we have the tags first.

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RealBatman said:

I'm trying to remember and what is coming back as a vague memory is that you go to the Print Luggage Tag and you can order them from there.   Worth a try. 

On my last cruise, even though I ordered them, they never arrived so I printed them.   I use plastic luggage tag holders I purchased on Amazon (even when I have the pre-printed ones).

Part of receiving the pre-printed tags is that it makes the cruise "Real".  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm trying to remember and what is coming back as a vague memory is that you go to the Print Luggage Tag and you can order them from there.   Worth a try. 

On my last cruise, even though I ordered them, they never arrived so I printed them.   I use plastic luggage tag holders I purchased on Amazon (even when I have the pre-printed ones).

Thanks Jim_Iain! I agree, receiving the personalized tags makes it "Real" (I saw what you did there! LOL)!

Edited by RealBatman

Good News! 

I decided to try patty1955's advice a second time (I had read her comment in a different thread a few days ago) but when I went to log in, I was bumped out. I assume something was being updated in my account. I waited 30 minutes and tried again, and was able to successfully order the luggage tags!

I don't know why it didn't work the first time, but I'm pleased to report that her advice indeed worked! Thank you. And thanks to the other folks who responded. Let the countdown begin! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So true! I love getting them in the mail as it does makes it real! There is just something about it. I remember when they mailed all the docs, and we did the doc dance when it came in the mail,  

Call captains club , as there is a glitch and I found out it does not affect everyone  on the same sailing.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On my last cruise (July) I DIDN'T order them but they arrived anyway.  The tags were in the bundle of held mail we picked up when we returned home!:classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

I actually ordered our Edge tags directly thru the Captain's Club but our Silhouette tags I ordered by mail.  I requested them last week got 2 sets yesterday.  Now we have 16!  Husband said now he can take 16 suitcases on Silhouette????  We have a SS there but NEVER need THAT many things:classic_tongue:  Edge tags came within a few days also.  Glad that it's done and we always say when we get them, it's really happening!!!!!

Pat C

• Like 1