Nacci Cocom tips

babyclaytonmom

The guacamole is AMAZING, the shrimp are great, and I would skip the ribs.  If you arrive in the morning a "Dirty Monkey" is a great breakfast drink :classic_wink: 

We like to be under a palapa away from the pool/hot tub in case there's any noise coming from there.  We usually gravitate to the pool and swim-up bar later in the day when we've had enough beach time.

Enjoy! :classic_cool:

As John said, Guac is very good!!  We also enjoy the fajitas, and my wife likes the tortilla soup there.  Haven't tried that, as when it is warm out, I don't care much for soup.

We always end our visit there with some Kahlua shots before we head back to the ship.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:27 PM, JohninDC said:

The guacamole is AMAZING, the shrimp are great, and I would skip the ribs.  If you arrive in the morning a "Dirty Monkey" is a great breakfast drink :classic_wink: 

We like to be under a palapa away from the pool/hot tub in case there's any noise coming from there.  We usually gravitate to the pool and swim-up bar later in the day when we've had enough beach time.

Enjoy! :classic_cool:

Lol..exact things I ordered when there this past Saturday.  Guacamole is really good, shrimp was one of the best I've had and Dirty Monkey is yummy if you like sweet drinks.

We were seated at great spot just next to where they keep the floats and things (and near washroom).  We didn't use the pool but it looked lovely too.  Really enjoyed our day there.

I'll be there Jan 5th. Did you all take a Taxi? If so, how much did it cost? I'm trying to decide if I should hire a car in advance or just jump in a taxi. I'll be traveling solo. Also do you know if you docked at Puerta Maya or Punta Langosta?

Edited by JennyB1977

42 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I'll be there Jan 5th. Did you all take a Taxi? If so, how much did it cost? I'm trying to decide if I should hire a car in advance or just jump in a taxi. I'll be traveling solo. Also do you know if you docked at Puerta Maya or Punta Langosta?

Carnival almost always docks at Puerta Maya, which is a $17 cab ride to Nachi Cocum... Taxis are perfectly safe in Cozumel, just tell them where you want to go and agree on the price before getting in...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

As Sid said, you are fine in a taxi. The price is per cab, tho, so ask on your roll call if anybody else is going out there so you can share the cost, since you are solo. 

Alternately, you can ask others when you get to the cab line if anybody is going to Nachi or Sanchos (right next door) and is willing to share. The dispatchers won't help you ride-share, so it's up to you.

When you are ready to leave, do the same.  Ask other ship people there if they want to share the cab back.  Your waiter will offer to call a cab for you, but it will be a solo, $18.00 ride back if he does it that way. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, JennyB1977 said:

We were there in August and it was taxi was $19 each way for four people. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, sid_9169 said:

Carnival almost always docks at Puerta Maya, which is a $17 cab ride to Nachi Cocum... Taxis are perfectly safe in Cozumel, just tell them where you want to go and agree on the price before getting in...

That's EACH WAY...so add that into your day expenses.  That's one reason I don't go those places.  $34-$36 for transportation PLUS TIP to and from a resort is crazy.  It's literally a 7 mile cab ride.