What is the best deal on the Deluxe Drink Package?

sherin65

We are going on Allure in March and our Deluxe drink package is on sale today 30% off. This is the lowest I have seen it ($49/day).

Does anyone know if the prices ever drop more than that? I'm trying to get the best price.

Thanks!!!

Prices have been lower in the past.  I've seen reports as low as $36, but that was not recently.

If you are committed to buying the package, then buy now, and if the price goes down, cancel and re-purchase.

• Like 1

You can always book and then keep watching and cancel if a better deal comes along.

That is probably the best bet if you think the $49/day + tips is OK.

Right now it is $47/day plus tips on me January Empress cruise (BOGOHO).  We don't drink a lot of alcohol so still not buying.

Previously bought the refreshment package at $17 plus tips.

It depends on the ship and how well the packages are sailing.    We're on Allure in February.   The best we've seen was $49pp/pd (plus gratuity).      We booked that.   For us anything under $50/pp/pd is more than break even.    When you consider value, think about all fluids.    A bottle of water is $3.   Specialty coffees run $4-$5.    Fresh OJ has a price.   It all adds up quick.

As others have said, go ahead and buy the pkg when it get close to your beak even.   Then keep an eye on it.    If it goes lower cancel and rebuy at the lower price.   A couple sailings ago we cancelled and re-booked three times.

Edited by zdad59

18 minutes ago, sherin65 said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I wasn't aware that I could cancel it if the price dropped.

we bought at 56, cancelled and repurchased at 52.  Bought the refreshment package for our sun at 26, cancelled and repurchased at 17.  refunds took about a week to show up on the credit card.

The lowest I've seen it for our 1/6/19 Liberty cruise was $45 on two different days back in July, but I didn't jump on it then.  I ended up getting it for $47 in October.  I've seen it for as high as $50.

On my Liberty sailing in Nov, I got it for $42 pd, before gratuities.  It was $57 onboard.

Based on what I've seen posted here, it seems the bigger the ship, the higher the price.  So Radiance-size and smaller seem to be in the $37-$42 range, Freedom-class $42-$47 and Oasis/Quantum class around $50, give or take a couple bucks.  These are just approximate, not absolute numbers. Others might have had different experiences.

So jump on $49 and hope it goes lower.

Booked on Harmony in 2 1/2 weeks - drink package started at $56, then down to $53 and now is on sale for $50 per day. I would say that Allure and Harmony are rather comparable, so $49 per day sounds like a good deal to me. 

The prices for the package have gone up for 2019.  Depending upon the ship, the onboard price may be $70 per day plus gratuities.

I purchased the package for my January Harmony cruise at $47 per day a few months ago, but now the cheapest I have seen is $49.  For our summer cruise on Allure, it is shown at $56 per day.  I think it went down to $52 on the Black Friday sales.  I will just wait to see if it goes to $52 again and then book.  If not,  when I board I will book with my Diamond Plus discount.

1 hour ago, Trailcon said:

Does anyone have an idea of the 2019 increase.  I am on the Anthem 2/23/19 and the package has fluctuated from $47 to $50

+ 18%.  I was thinking of waiting till after Christmas to see if goes lower.

The prices will vary ship to ship, sailing to sailing.  Buy now , then cancel and re-order if the price goes down.