Cruise leaves at 9pm?

Even with 9:00 p.m. Sailings , boarding usually is normal time (around noon). NCL in 2016 did 9:00 p.m. Sailing on the Escape in the fall from Miami.

We were on board having drinks by 11:45. 

Some ports will/do charge tax on drinks while in port. Miami was 6.5% , not sure what it is now.

If you are sailing on the Fascination from San Juan the earliest check-in time is 1:00-1:30 unless you have priority.  This last February we got to the port a little after noon.  With priority we were checked in and having a drink on lido by 12:15.  The line for regular boarding was quite long outside (they were not allowing anyone to enter the terminal).  Without priority I would try and board sometime after 1:PM.   

On 12/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, Bostwick girl said:

Hard to say without knowing where you're sailing from! 

Beerman2, all the ships in ports in Florida have to charge sales tax while in port. The current sales tax in Florida is 7%. Some counties may have an additional half percent as well, maybe 1%.

Yep it was 6.5% in 2016 and said I wasn't sure about now. Thanks for the update to 7%

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 4:28 PM, LittleYiaYia said:

If you are sailing on the Fascination from San Juan the earliest check-in time is 1:00-1:30 unless you have priority.  This last February we got to the port a little after noon.  With priority we were checked in and having a drink on lido by 12:15.  The line for regular boarding was quite long outside (they were not allowing anyone to enter the terminal).  Without priority I would try and board sometime after 1:PM.   

We’re actually leaving from Fort Lauderdale. The itinerary online says we leave at 9pm. 

13 minutes ago, yankswin43 said:

I'm guessing it's the may 5th sailing on the magic? The ship is repositioning from Miami that morning I believe. Therefore she will be dropping passengers off in Miami and then sailing to Port Everglades for the May 5th sailing

Yes, that’s the one! So, will that affect the time we can board the ship

I am guessing it will.

It is about 30 miles as the ship sails port to port.  So that is about an 1 1/2 hours transit time.  Figuring the last passenger will be getting off the ship 9.00-9:30.  Also, need to take in account the docking time at each end.  I would guess around 1pm boarding time 

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, Salt Wind said:

9 pm is way too late.  Can you get a refund?

Why is 9 PM too late and why would someone ask for a refund?  As others have pointed out in this thread, it wasn’t a big secret this cruise was leaving later than usual due to Magic changing her home port. 

• Like 1