Parking at Port Everglades

CenTexGal

I’m not sure if it is my iPad or what, but I’m having a hard time doing a search, so sorry if this has been addressed many times already.   We are driving to port for the first time in Florida.  My question is...does anyone have a recommendation for hotels with cruise parking and shuttle to port?  Maybe it is easier to drive to the port and park, we just don’t know.  Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Edited by CenTexGal

For information about parking at the port (and more), check out www.porteverglades.net.  For a list of hotels with shuttles see the last column in this table: https://www.sunny.org/plan-your-trip/cruisers/hotels-with-shuttles/.

I'm sure that others will contribute personal hotel recommendations.

We always stay at a hotel on the 17th Street Causeway near the port, then park at the port itself.  When you return from your cruise, your car is there waiting for you right next to the pier.  It's $15/day but so worth the convenience. That being said, we stayed at Extended Stay America on 17th Street last month and they offer parking/shuttle.

Park 'N Go and other off site lots are often suggested on this board.

In addition to the sunny.org site listed above www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check for hotels offering cruise parking packages.  Don't focus much on hotel shuttles to the port - Uber and Lyft are easy and cheap options.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jordanaire said:

Try goportcanaveral.com. We use them every time we cruise out of Port Cananeral. Easy parking, free shuttle to/from ship. About $6 per day. Highly recommend!

Wrong port!  The question was about Port Evergades in Fort Lauderdale.

We went out on Holland America Oosterdam last week at Terminal 26, getting back in Saturday morning. It was easy to park at the Midport garage, which is directly across the street from the terminal. $15 a day, payable when you leave. Best approach is to drop off bags at drop off area, then go park the car in the garage. When you return, have someone stay with the bags at the pickup area and someone go get the car. There is a single elevator in parking garage, and you will wait for a while if you take bags to the garage and cannot use the stairs.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:50 PM, CentralFloridaFamily said:

We went out on Holland America Oosterdam last week at Terminal 26, getting back in Saturday morning. It was easy to park at the Midport garage, which is directly across the street from the terminal. $15 a day, payable when you leave. Best approach is to drop off bags at drop off area, then go park the car in the garage. When you return, have someone stay with the bags at the pickup area and someone go get the car. There is a single elevator in parking garage, and you will wait for a while if you take bags to the garage and cannot use the stairs.

Are you able to reserve ahead of time?  Looks from website the answer is NO.  We are a little worried that all of the spots will be taken when we get to the port.  I would think the best time would be to get there about 9:30 am or so.  That's when most people have disembarked but way too early to board.

Did you have a problem getting a spot?

You cannot reserve parking spaces ahead of time at Port Everglades.  In all my years sailing out of there (it is our home port) and reading the Florida Departures Board here on Cruise Critic I have never experienced or seen a report of a lack of parking.  Don't forget that there are thousands of spaces (2,000 in the midport garage alone) and most people arrive by taxi/uber/lyft or a shuttle. 

With Princess when your ship leaves from one pier location and returns to another, they have a shuttle that goes between the two locations so you can drop off your luggage at the departure location and park at the returning location and take the shuttle back to the departure location.  Does RCI offer that as well?  We know that our Majesty of the Seas leaves from 18 because she is the only RCI in port that day, but when she returns Harmony of the Seas is in port and she will get 18 and Majesty will go to maybe 29.  This is why we are asking.

• 2 weeks later...