Watchout for Delta via Flight Ease

firecrewcapt

FYI, not sure if this has happened to anyone else but here's what happened to us yesterday, 12-15-18, we are flying AA SAN-MIA for embarkation and return flight was Delta AMS-SAN via SLC. Upon checking our flights to see if the price had dropped I discovered our flights were nonexistent, called HAL and after 1 hr.+ on the phone come to find out that DELTA had cancelled the return route and are in the process of overhauling ALL their international flight route/schedules. Delta never informed me or HAL about the changes, just deleted everything!!! Luckily being proactive in checking prices from time to time I caught this and now HAL is informed, the rep. said the overnight crew was going to be readjusting flights being offered by Flight Ease. Delta did this to us a few years back while we were at sea returning on a TA and didn't find out till the day before when we tried to get the baggage transfer to the airport upon our arrival in FLL. We did get a flight back to the West coast but was not confirmed till 2 hrs. prior to disembarkation. I'd say WATCHOUT for DELTA when using Flight Ease or Easy Air with Princess. Not sure if this only affects the West coast folks or is more wide spread.  We were rebooked via United and actually will get home 3 hours earlier than Delta.

When are you actually taking the flights?  Sounds like a Spring repo.  Delta didn't screw you over.  All the legacy airlines adjust their schedules throughout the year.  Delta has a history of changing things on Saturday.  They weren't going to leave you stranded without a flight - when they finish adjusting the schedule, everyone, including you, would be put on flights.   Since you booked through a 3rd party, that 3rd party probably did not sign you up for notifications.  I always sign up for notifications (available when you DIY with Delta) and have never been caught unaware of an issue and never left without a flight.  If you had not checked yesterday, but a few days later, you would have seen you had flights, just not the exact time you had before.  

For the previous flight hiccup, your TA should have been in contact with you, yes, even at sea, with the change.   The TA should have been on the phone to Delta as soon as the change was transmitted to them and did their due diligence to get you protected on a flight, not leaving you hanging.  

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

When are you actually taking the flights?  Sounds like a Spring repo.  Delta didn't screw you over.  All the legacy airlines adjust their schedules throughout the year.  Delta has a history of changing things on Saturday.  They weren't going to leave you stranded without a flight - when they finish adjusting the schedule, everyone, including you, would be put on flights.   Since you booked through a 3rd party, that 3rd party probably did not sign you up for notifications.  I always sign up for notifications (available when you DIY with Delta) and have never been caught unaware of an issue and never left without a flight.  If you had not checked yesterday, but a few days later, you would have seen you had flights, just not the exact time you had before.  

For the previous flight hiccup, your TA should have been in contact with you, yes, even at sea, with the change.   The TA should have been on the phone to Delta as soon as the change was transmitted to them and did their due diligence to get you protected on a flight, not leaving you hanging.  

We're on a 21 day TA, Apr./May, of '19. We've never used a Travel Agent, always book all our cruises via websites and use the corresponding air program with the cruise line. I wasn't aware of Delta changing things up on Saturdays and I'm signed up for notices via texts/emails and none of that happened, I did get a notification a week or so ago that our SLC-SAN flight had changed flight numbers and adjusted new departure and arrival times.

I'm also on a Transatlantic April/May but with an Amsterdam-Orlando return on Delta. Even though I booked via HAL I was notified by Delta of a change followed by a second notification by my TA the next day. Not sure why you are having that issue.

I check our flights regularly on Flight Ease and the Delta website.  We booked through a TA who used Flight Ease for the air.   Our cruise is March-April 2019.   One Saturday in November I checked Flight Ease and my flights were missing.   I checked the Delta site and the flights were there, but showing they were having a schedule change.   I waited a few days and the flights came back on Flight Ease and were shown as 'Status Confirmed" on the Delta website.   So, this does happen.  And this was a month before final payment.  I had not yet paid for the cruise or air at that point.

Just curious for those that weren't notified by Delta when their flight was cancelled, do you use the Delta app on your phone and, if so, do you log those flights into the app once you have a confirmation number? The reason I ask is because we always get notified via the app when flight numbers or times change.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious for those that weren't notified by Delta when their flight was cancelled, do you use the Delta app on your phone and, if so, do you log those flights into the app once you have a confirmation number? The reason I ask is because we always get notified via the app when flight numbers or times change.

I have the app and log the flights into it.  I get notified through the app and through Flight Ease.  I usually get an email from HAL telling me there were changes to my flights.  This happened recently for a change of 1 minute in arrival time.  

• Like 1

Because of this thread I logged on to check our Delta flights TO South America and American Airline flights FROM South America for our upcoming cruise. Both were booked on Flight Ease. I think both airlines must have changed planes for the domestic legs because our seat assignments had been changed. On the Delta flight we had been assigned seats that didn't recline so I was able to make a change.

I have been a little hesitant to do too much checking because last spring my reservations got totally cancelled (without me knowing it) when I was checking prices on Flight Ease. HAL admitted it was a problem with their new website and helped me get things straightened out. By the time I discovered what had happened the price of the flights had gone up considerably but they honored my original price. 

On 12/16/2018 at 4:03 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

We have never used HAL's air.

But we have had flights cancelled by both Delta and American and we were never notified.  Thankfully I always keep checking our flights and we got things straightened out.

I have used HAL's air 2X for flights to Europe and had no problems.  However, I'll never book a flight with Delta again.  Last year they changed my flight from Canada to Laguardia to Tampa as follows:  Canada to Detroit to Laguardia to Tampa.  However, there was a note that I would miss my flight to Tampa upon arrival to Laguardia!!!! I could accept the change to request my money back.  Well that option was a no brainer.  I forgot to mention that Delta never told me of the changes and I found out two weeks before flying by looking at my own booking.