Classic Bev Pkg on the Edge?

BridgeMates

Will I be able to use my Classic package in Eden for cocktails like Mojitos, Cosmos, Bloody Marys, after dinner drinks, etc.?

Didn't need to upgrade on the other S-ships.  Plenty to enjoy.

Are they all going to be upgrades on the Edge?

If you've sailed on the Edge, maybe you can answer this for me.

Many thanks.

We had the classic package last week on the Edge . Any drinks you had around the ship within the package can be had in Eden (ingredients allowing of course).

I nearly upgraded for Peroni beers but settled with Heineken and paid extra for the Martinis as and when the wife wanted them.

We had Premium package for first part of B2B but settled on Classic as free perk for second. We managed to live with it. Most fancy drinks in EDEN aren't covered even by premium package, but you just pay the difference.  Their bar makes regular drinks as well.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:45 AM, hvsteve1 said:

Most fancy drinks in EDEN aren't covered even by premium package, but you just pay the difference. 

We have the Classic package on our upcoming Edge cruise (first time with anything other than a soft drink pkg) and the limit is $9 and was wondering how it would work if my wife ordered one of those $15 frozen concoctions. So they would just charge the difference ($15 - $9 = $6)? She's not a big alcohol drinker so it's not too much of a concern and I am a beer drinker with an occasional shot of bourbon so it's all good for me.

16 hours ago, leadvocal said:

We have the Classic package on our upcoming Edge cruise (first time with anything other than a soft drink pkg) and the limit is $9 and was wondering how it would work if my wife ordered one of those $15 frozen concoctions. So they would just charge the difference ($15 - $9 = $6)? She's not a big alcohol drinker so it's not too much of a concern and I am a beer drinker with an occasional shot of bourbon so it's all good for me.

Paying the difference use to be only for the Premium package, Classic would have to pay the full price. 

Edited by NukeIT

On 1/1/2019 at 8:35 AM, leadvocal said:

Yes, if you order a drink that is over your package limit you will be charged the difference PLUS the gratuity on the difference.  It used to be what was stated above (full price +) but Celebrity changed it a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

There are separate beer lists for the Classic package and Premium package.  My understanding is that you cannot pay the difference for the beers.  That is, if you have Classic and order a Premium beer, you have to pay for the Premium beer in full.  Have not sailed on X in a couple of years, so not certain, but that is how it was xplained to me.

Previously the packages had different maximum limits for mixed drinks, wine and beer. The new packages only have a maximum of $9.00 for Classic and $15.00 for Premium. This is for alcoholic drinks. There are still specific lists for bottled water, smoothies etc. 

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Previously the packages had different maximum limits for mixed drinks, wine and beer. The new packages only have a maximum of $9.00 for Classic and $15.00 for Premium. This is for alcoholic drinks. There are still specific lists for bottled water, smoothies etc. 

I just checked Celebrity's website, and there are specific lists of beers covered by the classic and premium packages.  I am sailing out of Dublin this year, and I know in the past, there were problems when the ships sailed from Southhampton.  Since tipping is not customary in England (and Ireland), Celebrity raised the prices of all the drinks instead of adding 18% gratuities.  This caused many drinks that were below the maximum to go above the maximum, which upset many people.  

24 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I just checked Celebrity's website, and there are specific lists of beers covered by the classic and premium packages.  I am sailing out of Dublin this year, and I know in the past, there were problems when the ships sailed from Southhampton.  Since tipping is not customary in England (and Ireland), Celebrity raised the prices of all the drinks instead of adding 18% gratuities.  This caused many drinks that were below the maximum to go above the maximum, which upset many people.  

When sailing out of the foreign ports with the different pricing structure the max per drink, for the package, was also adjusted accordingly. 

As mentioned it has been 3 years since sailing with Celebrity and there has been beverage package changes during this time.  Here's my understanding of the classic package, please correct me if I am wrong-

The drink max is $9 no matter if you order a beer, glass of wine or mixed drink and there is no tax or gratuity charged to me if the drink is $9 or less.  If ordering a drink that's over $9, then the overage is charged to me, plus tax and gratuity on that overage.  Does that sound right?

I just found this on Celebrity's website under the Classic pkg.  Does this mean the gratuity is charged on  'every check'...meaning each drink?  That's how I interpret it.

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. An 18% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

47 minutes ago, floralscent said:

I just found this on Celebrity's website under the Classic pkg.  Does this mean the gratuity is charged on  'every check'...meaning each drink?  That's how I interpret it.

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. An 18% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

“Those of the Standard Beverage Package “ - I believe means the beers on the Standard list.  You can’t pay the difference in price...would have to pay full price for it.  If so, is ridiculous, as a bottle of beer should not be more than $9 (unless some of the very specialized imports from Belgium, etc.).

On 1/2/2019 at 12:51 AM, NukeIT said:

Paying the difference use to be only for the Premium package, Classic would have to pay the full price. 

This is no longer true. The policy changed a couple years ago. People who have a Classic package may pay the difference.

7 hours ago, floralscent said:

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

As is often the case with Celebrity, it is poorly worded. What they mean to say is that if you purchase the Classic Package for $59/night you pay an additional 18% ($10.62/night) at the time you purchase the package. The "check" is the package purchase - not a check for an individual drink.

And regardless of whether you purchase the package or get it as perk, you do not pay a per-drink gratuity charge except on the overage for drinks costing more than $9.

7 hours ago, CrankySailor said:

“Those of the Standard Beverage Package “ - I believe means the beers on the Standard list.  You can’t pay the difference in price...would have to pay full price for it.  If so, is ridiculous, as a bottle of beer should not be more than $9 (unless some of the very specialized imports from Belgium, etc.).

There are specialty beers that are priced at over $9 per bottle and if you choose to order a $15 bottle you will pay the overage charge of ($15 - $9) x 1.18 = $7.08. Most of the microbrews at the Gastrobar on the Equinox are well over $9.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:15 AM, NantahalaCruiser said:

As is often the case with Celebrity, it is poorly worded. What they mean to say is that if you purchase the Classic Package for $59/night you pay an additional 18% ($10.62/night) at the time you purchase the package. The "check" is the package purchase - not a check for an individual drink.

And regardless of whether you purchase the package or get it as perk, you do not pay a per-drink gratuity charge except on the overage for drinks costing more than $9.

Sounds correct to me. I have a line item on my invoice that says: YEF5-BEVCLINGRAT which means

BEV(erage) CL(assic) IN(cluding) GRAT(uities)

If you get the classic beverage package as a perk, (currently valued at $59 per person per night) can you "trade down" for the premium non-alcohol package (currently valued at $22 per person per night)? I only rarely drink alcohol but drink a lot of premium tea and coffee.