*Live* Brilliance of the Seas Western Caribbean Jan7th-Jan12th!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my review of Brilliance of the Seas! This trip our itinerary is Cozumel and Grand Cayman, including 2 sea days.

I am a 38 year old Emergency Room nurse from Cleveland, Ohio and I will be sailing with my 35 year old husband who works in the Film Library in the same hospital. 

This is our second time sailing this gorgeous ship, our first being March of 2015, where my husband proposed!! This will be our 4th cruise on Royal, having also sailed on Enchantment and Adventure. 

Thanks for following along! 

FB_IMG_1543977281289.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are heading down on Sunday morning from Cleveland Hopkins to Tampa, and are staying at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay. 

Our room is a King Bed, Bay View and our price was $123 plus tax. 

We are planning to Uber from the airport to the hotel and then hotel to cruise port the next morning. Each way is about a 10 min ride. 

Screenshot_20190103-111752_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Kteacher said:

We’re on the Brilliance in April, so I’m looking forward to following along!

Yay! We loved Brilliance and are so happy to be going back! Your cruise will be here before you know it!

My husband and I are sailing on the Brilliance also on Monday.  We have sailed many times with Royal Caribbean, but this will be our first cruise on the Brilliance of the Sea.  We are excited.

1 hour ago, manders175 said:

Yay! We loved Brilliance and are so happy to be going back! Your cruise will be here before you know it!

Thank you! One request, if you get the chance. I’ve read different things about Chops being open for lunch on embarkation day and whether it’s included in the UDP. I’d love to know what the real answer is.

2 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

Thank you! One request, if you get the chance. I’ve read different things about Chops being open for lunch on embarkation day and whether it’s included in the UDP. I’d love to know what the real answer 

Chops was open on other previous cruises we were on for embarkation day lunch but I will check. And ask about UDP. 

Very nice beginning to your thread and travels.

I will follow your posts to get me thru this northeastern Ohio winter  (howdy neighbor) little south east of you in Vienna.

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Very nice beginning to your thread and travels.

I will follow your posts to get me thru this northeastern Ohio winter  (howdy neighbor) little south east of you in Vienna.

Enjoy

Thanks for the compliments and hello neighbor! I hope you enjoy the review. 

Excited to see this. We'll be on the Brillance in March (first time on that ship) and cannot wait.

If you can a chance, would you let us know if there is a specific GF section in the WJ? Some ships have it, some don't. I know I can always go track down and chef and have them pull stuff from the main kitchen,  but it was so nice to be able to pop in and grab a GF roll or dessert when in a hurry. Also excited to hear about what menus the MDR uses.

Thank you so much! Enjoy!!

4 hours ago, Kteacher said:

Thank you! One request, if you get the chance. I’ve read different things about Chops being open for lunch on embarkation day and whether it’s included in the UDP. I’d love to know what the real answer is.

I have reservations for Chops lunch on our embarkation day, January 31.  Sorry, I don’t know about inclusion in UDP.

I'll be following you as well. We have booked Brilliance for a Baltic 12 day cruise in May '20, leaving from Amsterdam.

We have cruised on Serenade(her sister) and thought she was beautiful, but the last few cruises have been on Oasis class which is such a different experience.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the food, entertainment, service levels and activities on Brilliance.

Thanks for planning to share your experiences with all of us.

Barb

11 hours ago, BLAMBKY said:

My DH & I will be cruising with you. It is our 25th anniversary celebration cruise. Here’s to hoping for beautiful weather,smooth seas and making great memories!

Happy Anniversary! I'm getting so excited. The weather looks great!

4 hours ago, manders175 said:

We will be staying in aft cabin 7174. This will be our second aft. The walk is worth it!!

Only 2 sleeps left til our flight to Tampa! 

2019-01-03_13.50.54.jpg

I originally had an aft booked and switched to a hump balcony because of the long walk and my mom has bad knees.  Now I'm really glad I did because I got a midfoot injury last week and am hobbling around worse than she normally does.  Fortunately it wasn't a complete tear that required surgery or I might not be going.... 

We are also on the sailing this Monday.  My Husband and Myself with a 4 year old Grand Son.  This will be our 34th cruise, not sure how many on Brilliance, but we love the smaller ships.  

Can't wait to spoil our Grandson.  Anyone else with young children?

• Like 1

Eagerly following along.  Our first Brilliance cruise is a Baltic next August.  I'm especially curious about entrainment and musical shows on Brilliance since there does not seem to be much info about this that I can find.  Not even shure if the entertainment is similar when Brilliance is on the other side of the pond.

I do wish you a great cruise and beautiful weather.

dp