Minibar tradeout

pilot

23 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I hope it carries over fleetwide; I've e-mailed customer relations several times asking them to add rum to the lineup.

Here is a picture I posted in the other thread.  We received two of each item below.  I am not sure if this is the new setup, or just what they had available on our cruise.

20220703_085749.thumb.jpg.5062286eb8dd791f8834ad0c6c7b26be.jpg

• Like 2

Having never travelled on Princess before (our cruise is January), can someone please answer this question?

Is the bar set-up amounts per night? Just wondering if on a 10 night cruise, would one expect a certain amount, or is the set-up the same whatever the length of cruise?

Not so very bothered as we have a package, but it would be nice to know. Thank you.

56 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Having never travelled on Princess before (our cruise is January), can someone please answer this question?

Is the bar set-up amounts per night? Just wondering if on a 10 night cruise, would one expect a certain amount, or is the set-up the same whatever the length of cruise?

Not so very bothered as we have a package, but it would be nice to know. Thank you.

It is one set-up for each cruise (regardless of the length of the cruise).  And, it is only for Elite passengers or if you are in a Full Suite.

Edited by LACruiser88

47 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

It is one set-up for each cruise (regardless of the length of the cruise).  And, it is only for Elite passengers or if you are in a Full Suite.

Thank you, and yes, we are in a full suite.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, telcom said:

Thanks, everyone, for the info.  Cruising in February, elite for the first time, and looking forward to making vodka tonics and using the free laundry service.

Actually I've never had vodka in the minibar. It's been rum, whiskey, and gin. I usually just use up a few minibottles and bring the rest home, and use military/shareholder OBC to try different cocktails, and try beers or margaritas in ports. On my previous three cruises I've found baristas in the international cafe who don't charge me for Americanos and sometimes lattes, so changing for a coffee card isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

Actually I've never had vodka in the minibar. It's been rum, whiskey, and gin.

SKYY vodka in the blue bottles is the one miniature bottle we have had every time in ten or more cruises with the perk. The beer has always been Dos Equis. Our last trip (pics above) was the first time we have ever received rum. We have always had scotch and gin, but this time the brands were different. In the past it was always Dewar's and Beefeater.  The post below (#2 in the thread)

shows what we always received in the past.

Edited by Jersey42

Can someone tell me how long after you call room service to exchange your mini bar set up for the  2

coffee packages before you can use it? And also is there a way to verify that the medallion has been updated for the change and how many coffees you have left other than asking when you place an order at the counter?

40 minutes ago, LImom said:

Can someone tell me how long after you call room service to exchange your mini bar set up for the  2

coffee packages before you can use it? And also is there a way to verify that the medallion has been updated for the change and how many coffees you have left other than asking when you place an order at the counter?

Usually it is the next day before the coffee card is loaded.  Varies a bit by ship.  Back when ships were sailing at 40% got it that afternoon, but recently the next morning.