Minibar tradeout

pilot

This has probably been discussed before, but I can't find it.

We are not going to trade out our mini bar for coffee cards this next cruise.  We have one paper coffee card left to use.

How does the swap for different items work.

Can we swap soft drinks for just Coke and Ginger Ale and for the beers can we swap for a certain brand?

Can we swap mini bottles for just rum?

Thanks for the info.

You can swap the mini bottles of liquor for whatever other mini bottles of liquor you want. Rum isn’t one of the ones we have ever gotten in our mini bar set up. 

You can swap the  soda for whatever kindness of soda you wish, including to diet soda or cans of tonic or club soda. 

I have never swapped out the beer so can’t help you on that one!

The exchange options for beer are limited...mostly Dos Equis but sometimes other brands such as Stella Artois, Miller’s or Becks.

I exchange the 8 mini bottles of spirits for beer but don’t know if you can exchange the 2 included beers for 2 mini bottles.

Beer can be swapped for any alcohol mini.  Or you can swap all minis for just beer.  And if you are so inclined, you can swap out all alcohol (beer and minis) for any of the soda/water/tonic non-alcohol choices, too.

Short answer: Alcohol swaps for any alcohol, or non alcohol.  Non alcohol swaps for any non alcohol.  Choices limited to what is already in the package. eta: except perhaps beer?  Never tried to change for another brand.

Edited by cherylandtk

55 minutes ago, telcom said:

Thanks, everyone, for the info.  Cruising in February, elite for the first time, and looking forward to making vodka tonics and using the free laundry service.

Princess now likes to warn-off folks from using the laundry by saying that it will take 72 hours to get your laundry back.  So plan accordingly.  By the way, on HAL the norm is that laundry is back the following day..and they stick to this schedule even if most of the ship gets free laundry (this happens on longer cruises with many 4-5* Mariners).  We were just on MSC and they also had no problem getting our laundry back the following day.  

Hank

Last November it took 3 days to get clothes back - I was getting nervous because I pack light & plan every day's wardrobe in advance. I think next time I will send out every day instead of waiting for a few items to build up. Also, don't send out dark & light clothes at once - I got back grey socks once.

Regarding beer, we were allowed to exchange the Courvoisier for Budweiser once since the value of the latter was less.  But the Dos Equis generally prices out less than the other beers according to the Room Service menu, so you won't be able to swap the beer for a higher priced beer.  It really does depend on what room service wants to do for you - it truly can vary by ship.

49 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Regarding beer, we were allowed to exchange the Courvoisier for Budweiser once since the value of the latter was less.  But the Dos Equis generally prices out less than the other beers according to the Room Service menu, so you won't be able to swap the beer for a higher priced beer.  It really does depend on what room service wants to do for you - it truly can vary by ship.

Yes, it does very by ship & itinerary ......and beer exchanges seem to be the stickler.....on an October Sea Princess cruise the beer given in the mini bar could not be exchanged for other beer, even though it was more expensive than other available brands.

And recent cruises to Europe and Asia..again no additional beer choices....just could have been my sailings...but no worries I exchanged all the beer for cognac.

Edited by land lover
  • Haha 1

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

I don't expect a menu and appreciate the limited offerings in exchange for my Elite perk.

Just wanted to let them know, in the event that they thought they could order from the room service menu.

A free bottle of wine is a free bottle of wine!

5 minutes ago, crawford said:

Just wanted to let them know, in the event that they thought they could order from the room service menu.

A free bottle of wine is a free bottle of wine!

I agree. Good point.

You know the old saying....give em an inch.  

19 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Princess now likes to warn-off folks from using the laundry by saying that it will take 72 hours to get your laundry back.  So plan accordingly.  By the way, on HAL the norm is that laundry is back the following day..and they stick to this schedule even if most of the ship gets free laundry (this happens on longer cruises with many 4-5* Mariners).  We were just on MSC and they also had no problem getting our laundry back the following day.  

Hank

On our two cruises ( 7 day Alaska and 10 day Southern Caribbean) in the past 6 months, there was no such note and laundry was returned within 24 hours.  On our 25 day Rome - Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale TA in October/November 2017 we were warned that it would take 72 hours and we never received it in less than 84/96 hours.  Turnaround time is a function of the number of elites on board entitled to free laundry and the length of the cruise.