Drawers in closets in DV cabins (which ships)

zitsky

Wondering if DV cabins on the Viking Star have been retrofitted with drawers in the closets?  Which ships have them and which do not?

Otherwise I think it's just two or three drawers in the cabin.  Maybe a small drawer under the nightstand?

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Wondering if DV cabins on the Viking Star have been retrofitted with drawers in the closets?  Which ships have them and which do not?

Otherwise I think it's just two or three drawers in the cabin.  Maybe a small drawer under the nightstand?

Sun had drawers in the closet on DV.  Lots of room for 2 of us on a 13 day cruise in December.

11 minutes ago, deec said:

We were just on the SEA and it has NOT be retrofitted so probably neither have the STAR or SKY

Thanks!  Very helpful!  I am not expecting the Star to have the retrofit.  Would be nice to make a list of which ships have the extra drawers and which don't. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thanks!  Very helpful!  I am not expecting the Star to have the retrofit.  Would be nice to make a list of which ships have the extra drawers and which don't. 

I believe they started the retro fit with the 3rd ship.  Was on the Star in April and no drawers in closet.  Three narrow drawers near the bath and what appears to be the forth(Top) is actually the safe.  If you're not a coffee drinker, you can have the coffeemaker removed and use that area.  Shallow drawers in nightstands with cubbies below that and 2 drawers in bath with smaller cubbies at counter level on each end of Bath counter

4 hours ago, Islandbc said:

Sun had drawers in the closet on DV.  Lots of room for 2 of us on a 13 day cruise in December.

Ditto on the sun (30 days for us).  On the Sea a year ago - no drawers in the closet, but we did just fine with the three drawers below the safe, the two drawers plus shelves in the bathroom, a small drawer in each bedside table and the lift up vanity in the desk.

1 hour ago, K9pal said:

We are thinking of ordering this hanging organizer for our upcoming cruise, due to lack of drawer space.  Anyone think it would be worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QMPK1K/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2RH9U3QZZ2Q1Y&psc=1

We did fine without it.  I'm not sure you will be able to hang this on the rod in the closet.  That will depend on how the rod is installed  We used the drawers for socks, underwear and the like.  Made good use of the cubbies in the nightstand.  (The drawer here is shallow)  Closet floor for the shoes.  Shelf for foldables and since we were in V cabin, we used all area above the safe for any leftover, but I really don't remember anything.  The bathroom drawers should handle all that stuff.  We did fill the closet with hanging stuff. I always pack with the wire hangers inside the shirts to maximize closet rod space.  Now we had a week extension in Switzerland after the cruise so we did have some of the layering clothes in the suitcases under the bed.  We were gone for a month.  I washed once and Mark washed three times .  We each had a carry on and a bag a piece at 50 lbs 

• Like 1

I was on the Sky, the third ship, a week ago, in a DV cabin. The cabins have not been retrofitted with drawers in the closet.

I have always thought that the drawers were added to the Sun because it does the world cruises. Although we haven't heard from anyone on the Orion, it would not surprise me to learn that there are no drawers in the closets of the Orion or the Jupiter.