NCL Current Promotion ending today....What do you predict is next?

Mandy923

1 hour ago, Gampy1967 said:

I think they will blow our minds and totally change everything (other than UBP, SDP, and WIFI; those are here to stay).  For those staying in The Haven and/or upper level suites (OS/DOS w/ no Haven) they will offer free hookers and blow, as well as plastic straws.  All other suites will only get the free plastic straws.

The little people that don't/can't sail in the suites will get the nicer metal straws, however their will be a $250 surcharge for the equipment to clean the straws.

Just my opinion.  I could be wrong.  It happens occasionally.

Had my credit card in hand ready to book....damn extended promos 

1 hour ago, Gampy1967 said:

they won't do anything new for a while, NCL will keep extending " by popular request" which we know is bull puckie. They have no need to add different new perks. Some of us have been waiting for them to offer " Free Gratuities" but they haven't and i don't think they ever will,because as some say, it's their most popular perk and will take away from people adding the unlimited drinking package, which is not free.

The cruise industry is doing well, therefore they don't have to accommodate to the customers requests as much, but i do believe that bubble will burst soon enough and as their prices go up people will find other options for their vacation travel. IMHO.

What I don’t get is the crazy fluctuations in pricing. I’ve been watching a 7 day Alaska in early May. 799 to 999 to unavailable to sold out to 799 to 999. Its crazy that it changes every time I check. I can’t believe interiors are selling out while ocean views and balconies seem wide open. Sometimes I wonder if they don’t start this to push the “watchers” into a panic and get them to pull the trigger. Projecting I know but I got a sloooow trigger finger.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Av8torcrj said:

When I can get a sail away rate AND a complimentary airline ticket, drink package, specialty dining, shore excursions or WiFi, I’ll be ok with calling it a “perk”, otherwise it’s just something else I’ve paid for in my view. 

It's not, though. With Sail Away, you're agreeing to have your stateroom chosen for you, and with a partially or fully obstructed view is possible. For $x more, you can choose your EXACT stateroom (away from busy public areas and any view obstructions, next to your kids/family, etc.) - THAT'S the "perk" you're paying for in a non-Sail Away stateroom...

29 minutes ago, seizetheseas said:

It's not, though. With Sail Away, you're agreeing to have your stateroom chosen for you, and with a partially or fully obstructed view is possible. For $x more, you can choose your EXACT stateroom (away from busy public areas and any view obstructions, next to your kids/family, etc.) - THAT'S the "perk" you're paying for in a non-Sail Away stateroom...

I completely understand what Sail Away categories entail. My suggestion was that in my mind a “perk” parallels the Webster definition as something given or obtained, a nonmonetary benefit, over and above, not something that is paid for in addition. You pay (perhaps hundreds  more)  to have the advantage of choosing your stateroom “away from busy public areas, obstructions, it to be close to family”. That’s the benefit of the higher cost, and is something you’ve bought, not a perk.

22 hours ago, Av8torcrj said:

When I can get a sail away rate AND a complimentary airline ticket, drink package, specialty dining, shore excursions or WiFi, I’ll be ok with calling it a “perk”, otherwise it’s just something else I’ve paid for in my view. 

9 minutes ago, Av8torcrj said:

I completely understand what Sail Away categories entail. My suggestion was that in my mind a “perk” parallels the Webster definition as something given or obtained, a nonmonetary benefit, over and above, not something that is paid for in addition. You pay (perhaps hundreds  more)  to have the advantage of choosing your stateroom “away from busy public areas, obstructions, it to be close to family”. That’s the benefit of the higher cost, and is something you’ve bought, not a perk.

Right. You're paying more to handpick your room. The "perks" that come with that handpicked room are actually free with the promotion. 

This was not what you were saying at first, but I'm glad we're on the same page now. 🙂

They have had this promo forever.  We finally just gave in and booked our cruise for November.  When we started watching this cruise last year, it was several hundred dollars cheaper.  I kept wishing this promo would leave and take the higher price with it.

I would never book a flight where I didn't know the details beforehand, it surprises me that so many people are willing to do it.  

1 hour ago, Beachiekeen said:

They have had this promo forever.  We finally just gave in and booked our cruise for November.  When we started watching this cruise last year, it was several hundred dollars cheaper.  I kept wishing this promo would leave and take the higher price with it.

I would never book a flight where I didn't know the details beforehand, it surprises me that so many people are willing to do it.  

So many people are willing to do it because NCL gets them into thinking it's "free" when its really not. I too rather avoid the stress and book my own air especially since it seems that these flights fly you in the day of the cruise. Not to mention the high transfer fee your required to pay if you take their air promo. No Thanks.:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Georgie562

15 hours ago, Gampy1967 said:

I think they will blow our minds and totally change everything (other than UBP, SDP, and WIFI; those are here to stay).  For those staying in The Haven and/or upper level suites (OS/DOS w/ no Haven) they will offer free hookers and blow, as well as plastic straws.  All other suites will only get the free plastic straws.

The little people that don't/can't sail in the suites will get the nicer metal straws, however their will be a $250 surcharge for the equipment to clean the straws.

Just my opinion.  I could be wrong.  It happens occasionally.

We don’t personally need free hookers or the blow. Go fish... 😹

5 hours ago, Georgie562 said:

So many people are willing to do it because NCL gets them into thinking it's "free" when its really not. I too rather avoid the stress and book my own air especially since it seems that these flights fly you in the day of the cruise. Not to mention the high transfer fee your required to pay if you take their air promo. No Thanks.:classic_rolleyes:

Some of the free airfare is day before flights. My Panama Canal booking has true free airfare sea to Mia so a true potential savings. The itinerary I was sent with confirmation has us leaving day prior. If we find out the flight is too risky when assigned at 60 days I assume we can ditch the free airfare and get our own tickets. I’m not a fan of the airfare promo and really skeptical of group airfare but did add to a booking that’s pretty far out so plenty of time to read accounts of how it works out with others. Price wise the pick all 6 Is a a pretty decent deal on some sailings. I also like the ability to opt out of the ubp.  It’s not a deal for everyone and I think the pick all 5 last year had no option to opt out of the ubp which added way too much to the fare for someone like me who wouldn’t benefit from the ubp.

The hawaii sailings also offer true free airfare from sea and ability to pay $50 for air deviation to tack on a couple days pre or post.  The Hawaii beverage plan also has benefits such as specialty coffee and bottled water, making it more appealing to the lite or non drinker. 

11 hours ago, familycruzer said:

If you booked with this promotion and your cabin price drops (a girl can dream) do you lose all the perks to get the lower price if the offer changes? 

If you are outside of final payment, you can re-book, but you will get whatever perks are being offered at the time you re-book. If you are within the final payment window, you won't be able to re-book for the lower fair. You can try calling your TA or PCC and getting some sort of OBC as compensation for the difference in price, but if you booked under the take all 6 promo and they are back down to offering fewer perks, then they likely won't accommodate you. 

17 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

Free air, ATL to MIA Saves me about $600 or so...real money, just as good as cash.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

If you are outside of final payment, you can re-book, but you will get whatever perks are being offered at the time you re-book. If you are within the final payment window, you won't be able to re-book for the lower fair. You can try calling your TA or PCC and getting some sort of OBC as compensation for the difference in price, but if you booked under the take all 6 promo and they are back down to offering fewer perks, then they likely won't accommodate you. 

I honestly don’t care about excursion money, WiFi, or airfare. I would rather have a lower price. I have a year to see what happens. Thank you 

12 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Some of the free airfare is day before flights. My Panama Canal booking has true free airfare sea to Mia so a true potential savings. The itinerary I was sent with confirmation has us leaving day prior. If we find out the flight is too risky when assigned at 60 days I assume we can ditch the free airfare and get our own tickets. I’m not a fan of the airfare promo and really skeptical of group airfare but did add to a booking that’s pretty far out so plenty of time to read accounts of how it works out with others. Price wise the pick all 6 Is a a pretty decent deal on some sailings. I also like the ability to opt out of the ubp.  It’s not a deal for everyone and I think the pick all 5 last year had no option to opt out of the ubp which added way too much to the fare for someone like me who wouldn’t benefit from the ubp.

The hawaii sailings also offer true free airfare from sea and ability to pay $50 for air deviation to tack on a couple days pre or post.  The Hawaii beverage plan also has benefits such as specialty coffee and bottled water, making it more appealing to the lite or non drinker. 

We took the free airfare plus two nights in their hotel so we can arrive two days prior in New Orleans.  It will be interesting to see how this works out.  The price for two nights hotel is $600, which is too expensive, however, that is the only way you can get the deviation to arrive two days early.  Also, I notice that gratituties are not included.  I'm hoping the next promo includes gratituties.  

Anyone have experience with the AC Hotel in New Orleans and what type of room you get as part of the NCL package?