MDR Table request

wsyrob

My wife and I are doing a short 4 night cruise on Liberty in about a month. I signed up for early dining time. Will they seat the 2 of us at a table with others and if so is there a way to request a table for 2? This is my first Carnival cruise after several on Royal.

I asked this same question on Cruise critic before a similar 4 night cruise on Majesty and was given a dining services email address. They set us up with a very nice 2 seat table by a port hole in the MDR for that trip. Does Carnival have anything like that and can you request a table for 2 ahead of time.

28 minutes ago, wsyrob said:

My wife and I are doing a short 4 night cruise on Liberty in about a month. I signed up for early dining time. Will they seat the 2 of us at a table with others and if so is there a way to request a table for 2? This is my first Carnival cruise after several on Royal.

I asked this same question on Cruise critic before a similar 4 night cruise on Majesty and was given a dining services email address. They set us up with a very nice 2 seat table by a port hole in the MDR for that trip. Does Carnival have anything like that and can you request a table for 2 ahead of time.

You can contact the maitre'd at this address...   LImaitred@carnival.com   Include your name, sailing date, dinner seating time,and cabin # with your request

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

You can contact the maitre'd at this address...   LImaitred@carnival.com   Include your name, sailing date, dinner seating time,and cabin # with your request

Awesome. Thanks

Sometimes they can accommodate that request depending on demand for two tops. But two tops are not really two on these ships as you are seated rather tightly to other two tops placed in a row.  Most of the time it's like eating with a table of six or more.  Some of these ships will have a more private exclusive two top table but they usually go quick.

You may be able to request a two top and be seated in a table for four ,but they wont seat any others with you. 

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1

Just note that the Maitre'Ds are not required to respond to guest requests, though it is reported that people that choose this route are accommodated. 

The proper way to request a table for 2 (or any size) is to post to John Heald's Facebook page 4 days prior to your cruise and make the request.

And to the people that say they always email the MaitreD, I again ask for a Carnival link that posts this information. None has been provided to me to date. 

Try this to contact maitre'd.

first two letter are the ship's abbreviation plus xxmaitred@carnival.com

Example for the Fantasy:

famaitred@carnival.com

Carnival Ship Abbreviations

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Just note that the Maitre'Ds are not required to respond to guest requests, though it is reported that people that choose this route are accommodated. 

The proper way to request a table for 2 (or any size) is to post to John Heald's Facebook page 4 days prior to your cruise and make the request.

And to the people that say they always email the MaitreD, I again ask for a Carnival link that posts this information. None has been provided to me to date. 

It is really nice that there's an alternate way for those of us who don't use that social media site to accomplish the same thing directly with Carnival.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I got a good chuckle out of that one 😂:classic_wacko:

Edited by BoDidly
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jwjax said:

Example for the Fantasy:

famaitred@carnival.com

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

And where is this posted on the Carnival site making it public information?

I will pass on the social media contact.

Does Carnival push the post cruise survey as hard as Royal? That's a good reason to answer email and make something like this happen. The email wasn't available on Royals website either. I imagine they don't want to make it public to avoid being overrun with requests.

Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

It isn't the proper way to contact John.  The proper way is to meet with the Maitre at 1 pm on embark day to make table requests.  Not only does John drop the ball or if he isn't on FB that day, he also can't overrule the Maitre should such requests conflict with his dining room.  Maitre email addresses are frequently posted here but Maitres are not require to respond to emails.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, jwjax said:

Example for the Fantasy:

famaitred@carnival.com

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

Any idea what Vista would be?

For years, I have emailed the Maitre'D directly at the addresses listed above and have always gotten my request honored.  I generally email within 2-3 weeks of cruising.  I have never received an acknowledgement of my email or a response.  However, I have always gotten my request for a private table for two or for my family and in some cases exactly where I prefer to sit.  Not only have they honored my request, but I have had the Maitre'D come over to see if I was content with my table and location.  When I have waited to meet the Maitre'D on the ship, no options have been available.  This happened to me for years and then I saw on a post here, to email directly and it has worked ever since. 

On 1/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, jwjax said:

Example for the Fantasy:

famaitred@carnival.com

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

Would you happen to know Vista?

I emailed the maitre d' on Horizon before our Christmas trip. We also had a food allergy in our group. Not only did he email me back, he also reached out with a phone call to help clarify something that was tough to communicate over email.

I am planning on waiting about 2 weeks (we leave March 31st) out before I do my request.  Everyone is different, but we (2 of us) like being at a large table.  I have cruised many times, and I have met and learned a lot about different countries, culture, and the people, by being at  a large table.🙂

On 1/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, jwjax said:

Example for the Fantasy:

famaitred@carnival.com

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination