Platinum perk

mgf316

Hello Everyone,

I am now platinum and I see I get a complimentary meal in cagneys or le bistro for 2 and a complimentary dinner in la cucina or

moderno. How does this work? Is there a rule on what I can get? Any restrictions. Do I just make the reservation then when I pay it will automatically not charge me? Thanks in advance!

Mike

You get a starter, entree (up to $20) and dessert. If you order more than that then you pay the difference (if they actually bother charging you).

You can reserve online as usual, but will get charged for Moderno when you book, unless you have the dining package.

There are details about the booking process in the link in my signature.

And, technically, you can order anything you want on the menu, you'll just pay the difference over the cost of one app, one entree (up to $20) and one dessert.  You want a $26 entree?  You pay the $6 plus any additional gratuity.  Two apps?  Pay for the extra one.  Same for extra dessert.  A lot of people (no one who has answered as yet) seem to get caught up in the restrictions of it as opposed to the positives.  I think it's a great benefit.  Two free meals (or greatly reduced).

just got off the Dawn, Cagney's 8 ounce filet was great, they also raised the amount of perk to $25 per person, yes bring coupon with you,  Also the dinner for Moderno covers the service charge for two which is now $29.95 per person.

7 hours ago, Newleno said:

just got off the Dawn, Cagney's 8 ounce filet was great, they also raised the amount of perk to $25 per person, yes bring coupon with you,  Also the dinner for Moderno covers the service charge for two which is now $29.95 per person.

Thanks for the update on the increase to $25.  Just makes it a little easier to plan for our Platinum meals 🙂

Just off the Breakaway yesterday.   Have done 3 cruises on this ship since Dec.     Amount has been raised to $25  for entree.    But,  in Cagneys-  an over $25 entree,  could NOT be ordered with paying the difference.   We were told,  it was no longer allowed.   You would be charged for the entire meal.    Of course this can vary with ship and time.   But did happen a few days ago.   

Write your cabin number on the voucher before giving it to the hostess at the restaurant.  The hostess is supposed to attach your voucher to a paper receipt (so they know not to charge you for the meal).  However, mix-ups have happened to us. When they look through the accumulated vouchers, they can verify that you really did submit a valid voucher.