Is 11:30 too late?

kaerofan

Did a search but can't find anything regarding Princess airport transfers.  Does anybody know the last time the Princess shuttle leaves LAX for the ship?  The ship sails at 4 for Mexico and I found an excellent price for air fare the day of but wondering if an 11:30 arrival allows enough time?

39 minutes ago, kaerofan said:

Did a search but can't find anything regarding Princess airport transfers.  Does anybody know the last time the Princess shuttle leaves LAX for the ship?  The ship sails at 4 for Mexico and I found an excellent price for air fare the day of but wondering if an 11:30 arrival allows enough time?

11:30 is good.......

Why not do Uber/Lyft?

Several times we have use them in both directions for about $28-$38.

For about the same price or less you would not have to worry about the transfer.

Thanks everybody - I haven't booked the cruise yet.  It's kind of my back up plan - I booked Alaska but unfortunately airfare is way more than the cruise so I will probably have to cancel, so I was looking at other options and round trip out of LA is much more affordable 
(I know there is no comparison) but cost is a big factor right now.

6 minutes ago, kaerofan said:

Thanks everybody - I haven't booked the cruise yet.  It's kind of my back up plan - I booked Alaska but unfortunately airfare is way more than the cruise so I will probably have to cancel, so I was looking at other options and round trip out of LA is much more affordable 

Have you tried EZ Air?

1 hour ago, kaerofan said:

I am booked on a sailing in April out of LA on the Royal.  In the EZ air page of their website, they list a 1:30 arrival as the latest ... so you should be ok with 11:30.  Just keep in mind that LA can have horrible traffic and that 11:30 arrival for your flight has a lot to do with which airport you fly into.  LAX will be a longer ride than Long Beach ... and there are other airports in the LA area that are further but might not have the hassles of LAX ... so it may be awash.  I was tempted to take a flight into Long Beach for embarkation but some warned me that arriving at noon is way too risky.  It might have been a risk I was willing to take, though ... but found a different flight that I am more comfortable with.  Regardless, if we were to be landing between that 11:30 - 12:00 time frame, we would skip the transfers and take an Uber or Lyft.  

Remember that if the ship sails at 4 PM you must be onboard by 3:30 or earlier.  The ship has to send the manifest to the government before dropping its lines with enough time for them to check it.  Second warning is that the traffic in LA can be next to horrible and all it takes is an accident or stalled vehicle on the freeway to the port.   Last warning is that it can be a long way from your arrival gate to the luggage claim and on to the curb again with sometimes heavy congestion both in the terminal and leaving the airport.

We don't like to take chances so we booked a hotel room in San Pedro for the night before the cruise.  There are a number of hotels that offer shuttle service to the boat and you can board in a much more relaxed frame of mind. We chose the Crowne Plaza but the Doubletree also has a shuttle to the boat and I understand there is a Best Western that has one too. 

There is a thread on CC that covers where to stay in San Pedro:   https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2627511-hotels-near-san-pedro-cruise-port/?tab=comments#comment-56633416