Check in/ boarding times - no FTTF

poofersgrl

If your on-line check in window hasn't arrived yet, I know of no way to see what slots are being offered.

If the check in window has opened, but you're not ready to check in yet, you can open it, read through, and even do a partial check in and save it.

I can't tell from your post whether you have FTTF.  If you have it the time slot you select will be meaningless.

Just to be clear, you can begin and/or complete ONLINE CHECK_IN anytime after you pay your deposit, up until the time you sail.  You can select your ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT, the time you would like to arrive to board the ship, beginning at midnight Eastern time 90 days before you sail, when you will see what time is the earliest available.

3 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

Just to be clear, you can begin and/or complete ONLINE CHECK_IN anytime after you pay your deposit, up until the time you sail.  You can select your ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT, the time you would like to arrive to board the ship, beginning at midnight Eastern time 90 days before you sail, when you will see what time is the earliest available.

I believe this is not currently  correct.  As far as I can ascertain there is no longer any way to access any portion of the on-line check-in process until Carnival opens it, 90 days prior to sailing on 7 day cruises.

I've been wrong before and will be happy to be corrected.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I believe this is not currently  correct.  As far as I can ascertain there is no longer any way to access any portion of the on-line check-in process until Carnival opens it, 90 days prior to sailing on 7 day cruises.

I've been wrong before and will be happy to be corrected.

You are correct and I was wrong.  You now have to wait until 90 days out to begin online check-in.

• 4 weeks later...

We have never cruised Carnival before.  So, once online check-in is opened are all time slots available and it is first come first serve?  Or, is your time slot pre-selected for you?  Do early or later slots usually do first?

On 2/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Garth2 said:

You won't be able to select your check-in time at the cruise terminal until after you've paid off your cruise. 

2 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

You won't be able to select your check-in time at the cruise terminal until after you've paid off your cruise. 

Your cruise does not have to be paid off before completing the online check in and selecting an arrival appointment.  Online check in opens 90 days prior to the cruise.

Just now, Schoifmom said:

Your cruise does not have to be paid off before completing the online check in and selecting an arrival appointment.  Online check in opens 90 days prior to the cruise.

Perhaps you've experienced something different, but we could not select a check-in time for the terminal until after we had made our final payment. We could do everything else except for that. 

7 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

Perhaps you've experienced something different, but we could not select a check-in time for the terminal until after we had made our final payment. We could do everything else except for that. 

We just selected our arrival appointment within an hour of it becoming available, 90 days prior to sailing, and made final payment later that day.

51 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

We just selected our arrival appointment within an hour of it becoming available, 90 days prior to sailing, and made final payment later that day.

Hmm. Odd that we couldn't select our check-in time before final payment. We'll be cruising out of FLL. I wouldn't think the home port would make any difference. Maybe it was just a glitch in the system. Oh well.

13 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

For our past two cruises, the 90 day checkin date was available before the cruise needed to be paid in full. We were able to select our arrival appts and check in before we paid the balance. We just were unable to print the boarding passes until paid. This was for a cruise in December and later this month.

13 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

For our past two cruises, the 90 day checkin date was available before the cruise needed to be paid in full. We were able to select our arrival appts and check in before we paid the balance. We just were unable to print the boarding passes until paid. This was for a cruise in December and later this month.

Same here! I did online ck in last week and my final payment isn't due until March 12th. I was able to select our arrival times and everything. Just couldn't print our boarding passes. 

We were able to select check-in time when we did online check-in at 90 Days out, 9 days ago.  Final Payment isn't until 3/26.  The only thing we couldn't do was print boarding passes.