Holiday class and first Mardi Gras Deck Plan

philbob84

With all the hub-ub about the new Mardi Gras i did some research on the first one. very neat history. Does anyone have PDF's or pictures of the early carnival ships? I'm curious to how the old plans compare to the newest ships.

11 minutes ago, philbob84 said:

With all the hub-ub about the new Mardi Gras i did some research on the first one. very neat history. Does anyone have PDF's or pictures of the early carnival ships? I'm curious to how the old plans compare to the newest ships.

Google has a wealth of information of the Canadian Pacific liners from whence they came. Here is the Empress of Canada which Carnival purchased and transformed into the Mardi Gras.

empressclr.JPG

mardi_gras.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman

The Holiday class were very much like the Fantasy class, only smaller.  If you can find a deck plan on the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line website, one of their ships, the Grand Celebration, was the Carnival Celebration.  EM

I was the Gift Shop Assistant Manager on the Mardi Gras in 1981.  I have so many wonderful memories tied to that ship (along with the Carnivale and Festivale).  I agree with the poster who said that ships looked like ships back then.  The formal night in the dining room was really formal - tuxes and long gowns with "flaming" deserts (lol).  Skeet shooting off the back of the ship.  Fishing "lessons" from some world famous fisherman.  So much fun!! 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, Sauer-kraut said:

They actually looked like ships back then....not floating bathtubs, because everybody and his brother need a balcony nowadays 

🤣🤣 floating bathtubs I totally laughed out loud at the one