Avoid Spring Breakers???

ezwriting

We're considering Carnival Miracle out of Tampa to the Panama Canal

APRIL 6, 2019. It just occurred to me this is during spring break.

Does anyone know if this particular cruise attracts the Spring Break College Students?

Would like to avoid - we are over 55.

My first Carnival cruise was a Spring Break one:  Carnival Freedom sailing from Port Everglades on a 6 day itinerary.  As a Senior Citizen, my friends thought I had lost my mind.

My experience was so pleasant that I have booked other Carnival cruises including one on Carnival Miracle.  There were many college students aboard,  I saw nor heard nothing that was offensive or unpleasant from them.  They were even pleasant.  One evening, I was alone at my table in the MDR; the table next to mine had 4 young women, college Seniors, seated.  That evening, one of them was not at dinner and the ladies invited me to join them, which I did.  That dinner was one of the most pleasant dining experiences when seated with other guests that I have ever had.

In fact, I have witnessed much more obnoxious and "stupid" behavior from older guests on other cruises.  Spring Breakers get a bad rap that is not deserved in my opinion.

• Like 2

I would go for it. As others have mentioned this is probably the last week of spring break and only a few colleges will be out that late, and 8 days is longer than most can manage during their short window.  I see more children than college kids on spring break cruises anyway.

In fact, they likely waited until that week to do an 8 day after the rush of break is over.

Also, please come back and tell us how you liked the journey. We would love to hear.

Edited by KmomChicago

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My first Carnival cruise was a Spring Break one:  Carnival Freedom sailing from Port Everglades on a 6 day itinerary.  As a Senior Citizen, my friends thought I had lost my mind.

My experience was so pleasant that I have booked other Carnival cruises including one on Carnival Miracle.  There were many college students aboard,  I saw nor heard nothing that was offensive or unpleasant from them.  They were even pleasant.  One evening, I was alone at my table in the MDR; the table next to mine had 4 young women, college Seniors, seated.  That evening, one of them was not at dinner and the ladies invited me to join them, which I did.  That dinner was one of the most pleasant dining experiences when seated with other guests that I have ever had.

In fact, I have witnessed much more obnoxious and "stupid" behavior from older guests on other cruises.  Spring Breakers get a bad rap that is not deserved in my opinion.

Thank you for your input.  It's  the "horror stories" that made me hesitate.  

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I would go for it. As others have mentioned this is probably the last week of spring break and only a few colleges will be out that late, and 8 days is longer than most can manage during their short window.  I see more children than college kids on spring break cruises anyway.

In fact, they likely waited until that week to do an 8 day after the rush of break is over.

Also, please come back and tell us how you liked the journey. We would love to hear.

31 minutes ago, ezwriting said:

Everyone has been very helpful.  We are now leaning toward booking in May (same ship - different ports) due to anniversary and my birthday.

Is it common to organize a get together with fellow cruise critic members?

Find the roll call for your ship.  Lots of times people arrange meetings there.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:14 AM, ezwriting said:

We're considering Carnival Miracle out of Tampa to the Panama Canal

APRIL 6, 2019. It just occurred to me this is during spring break.

Does anyone know if this particular cruise attracts the Spring Break College Students?

Would like to avoid - we are over 55.

As long as it is a six or seven day cruise, that late in the season you are not going to find college students on board. Most of them finished spring break no later than March 20 (give or take a couple of days).

Except you start running into spring break for primary/grade school districts.  In my region they're usually one side or the other of Easter (April 21 this year so likely April 15-19 or 22-26) so cruises in that time frame could have families with kids on them.  I agree with others - an 8 day cruise isn't as attractive to folks on that kind of schedule so it might not be AS bad...