Celebrity prices are TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!

teecee60

13 nights on Silhouette, 14 April for $499pp!

14 nights on Millennium, 27 April for $399pp!

14 nights on Reflection, 22 April for $699pp!

14 nights on Infinity, 22 April for $749pp!

15 nights on Constellation, 17 April for $544pp!

22 nights on Eclipse, 17 April for  $1338pp!

When will those greedy corporate hucksters EVER give the cruising public a break???

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

13 nights on Silhouette $499pp!

14 nights on Reflection $699pp!

14 nights on Infinity $749pp!

15 nights on Constellation $544pp!

22 nights on Eclipse $1338pp!

When will those greedy corporate hucksters EVER give the cruising public a break???

Yeah, inside cabin, repositioning cruises. But what about the non-repositioning, cheapest balcony cruises with bundled prices at well over $200 pp per night?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teecee60 said:

Ha ha, pop up some Edge prices or a few more typical costs. 14 night med in July £3000 pp. 

Edited by yorky
  • Like 2

Hi,

I have just been reading the messages above and don't quite understand those prices, are they for cruise only as to me reading them they seem pretty good. I am from the UK and was looking for a cruise to the Fjords and the cheapest I can find £1072 for 8 nights which is a lot for inside cabin. 

Am I missing something!

1 minute ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

I have just been reading the messages above and don't quite understand those prices, are they for cruise only as to me reading them they seem pretty good. I am from the UK and was looking for a cruise to the Fjords and the cheapest I can find £1072 for 8 nights which is a lot for inside cabin. 

Am I missing something!

These are trans atlantic and trans Pacific. The cheapest is Japan to BC

2 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Hi Fred hope you are well. 

Indeed, add in the air fare and use the US$ and alot of us (Canadian, Australia etc), do not find this a value at all.

But again, there are many other things to spend one's disposable income on, cruises are low on the priority list.

Checked all the spring transAtlantics for all carriers. Used the balcony category as that's what we would have booked. Sorted them based on price per person, per day, low to high. #1 Silhouette, #3 Reflection, and #9 Infinity. All most all of Holland, Princess, and yes even Norwegian are more expensive, Wonder why??

23 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Now if I could figure out how to live in Europe or Japan all summer and sail back in the fall, it would really be a bargain! LOL!

On 2/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Yeah, inside cabin, repositioning cruises. But what about the non-repositioning, cheapest balcony cruises with bundled prices at well over $200 pp per night?

The Bride and I have a cruise booked in September, 11 nights.  Balcony on Equinox..deck 9 hump cabin, $3800, classic drinks and room grats paid.  I booked it last October...it is about $400 higher now...I think my price works out to just under $175 night PP.  Good deal to me.  Almost forgot, almost $300 back on a gift card post cruise...at a store not to be named here.

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

Checked all the spring transAtlantics for all carriers. Used the balcony category as that's what we would have booked. Sorted them based on price per person, per day, low to high. #1 Silhouette, #3 Reflection, and #9 Infinity. All most all of Holland, Princess, and yes even Norwegian are more expensive, Wonder why??

I believe Princess and Holland only require final payment 75 days before a cruise.  As such, people may not yet be locked in, so rates may drop soon.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

NCL does offer perks on some (all?) TA's.  Including a premium alcohol package.  For some of us, particularly those of us who sail in the cheap seats, that can make them cheaper than X. 

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The Bride and I have a cruise booked in September, 11 nights.  Balcony on Equinox..deck 9 hump cabin, $3800, classic drinks and room grats paid.  I booked it last October...it is about $400 higher now...I think my price works out to just under $175 night PP.  Good deal to me.  Almost forgot, almost $300 back on a gift card post cruise...at a store not to be named here.

Same with us, as you know we are on the same cruise on a hump on deck 7, 1A cabin and we paid £2700 including the drinks package. Having said that the Caribbean is just about the only region we can now afford with Celebrity.

1 hour ago, jkgourmet said:

NCL does offer perks on some (all?) TA's.  Including a premium alcohol package.  For some of us, particularly those of us who sail in the cheap seats, that can make them cheaper than X. 

With all the different perks being offered by cruse lines, it is getting harder to compare prices apples to apples.  NCL is now advertising up to 6 free perks on some cruises.

10 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

With all the different perks being offered by cruse lines, it is getting harder to compare prices apples to apples.  NCL is now advertising up to 6 free perks on some cruises.

Yep.  Those perks being available for only an OV cabin are one of the big reasons we stay with X.  We really would like to sail on HAL again, but without the alcohol package and free gratuities, it just doesn't make financial sense.

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

I believe Princess and Holland only require final payment 75 days before a cruise.  As such, people may not yet be locked in, so rates may drop soon.

Holland's final payment date is 75 days which means any cruise leaving April 28 or earlier is past due. Princess is 90 days and NCL is 120 days. Google is your friend. I don't know of any of the pricing I found includes any perks up front. They are usually scarcer than hen's teeth on transAtlantics. I'm going with a straight supply and demand. That's the argument given when the prices are really high.