Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

8 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Here are some AQ bathroom goodies....

I love CO Bigelow products!  And I'm thrilled that while you were skeptical, so far you're pleasantly surprised.  Really looking forward to more of your feedback since we'll be hopping on the day you hop off!

We also just boarded in AQ 1140. We have stayed in this cabin before. 

The shower has changed. No more jets. The shower door opens inward. I haven’t turned it on yet, but that seems awkward in that small space. The bathroom is beautiful. A “night light” stays on down at floor level. 

The permanent hook in the living space (where I would hang my purse) is gone. I didn’t follow through and purchase a heavy duty hook to bring but I will before my next cruise. 

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So nice to hear from those on the ship! Thank you both Miz and Blue for the photos. We’ll be boarding 3 weeks from today so watching with great interest. We’ll be on floor 7 in AQ. I look forward to more of your reports!

Overall, my impression of AQ 1140 is that it’s bright and spacious. AQ (and Concierge) have more square footage than Veranda , but it seems there is no added “furnishings” compared with pictures I have seen of Veranda cabins. So just more “elbow room.”  

Here is the view outward from the deck of 1140 now. 

902B620A-3946-41AD-A69D-9226DD54DA81.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the updates and photos....  colors seem  nice for the staterooms, gym looks spacious,  PG inviting and public areas seem very refreshed! 

Enjoy the cruise!

• Like 1

They did a really good job in the corridors refreshing the carpet because the wood base and the wood handrails and moldings remained so they found a pattern with complementary colors, that to my eye, updates, modernized and still brought in the woods that were kept.

2ee899ac8499b686375de5dbdfe7954b.jpgcf95bd9d01c8e69353da5d6425f8cd62.jpg8005fc11658e348c5b43835f548379e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

Miz -thanks for all the pictures.  Especially the gym.  Did you notice if they still have the weightlifting machines?  I assume they do, most folks like those over free weights.

There are all brand new machines. I’ll take a video of what there  is. So far at first look DH is very happy with what he sees. 

Thanks so much for the pictures.  Everything looks beautiful. If you get a chance,  can you post a picture of the furniture on your balcony? We are booked in a CC cabin in August,  and I assume that our balcony will look like your aqua cabin. Do you have a chair that doesn't fit under the desk? I found some pictures online of a finished cabin that had a different chair, so I wonder if they are substituting these until the real ones come in.

Storage... well it sure looked like storage options were going to be a challenge but we brought two full suitcases and if you read any of my posts a carry on bag of shoes for DH. Plus other personal bags.

The draws in the main cabinets are quite deep and they pull out much further than they have in the past so it’s a nice set of fully opening draws.

With all the shelves and other storage area in the nightstand and desk area there is note than enough for two with left over space as you can see. The tip of the clothing cabinet is also very useful.

We have nothing in the double glass cabinets either. The safe is in one of them however.

ed9a91cf4702af1e1e5fa5ce84e0e80a.jpge0af817fea14030ad8c2d25cf34c3aea.jpg7fa8be1e38ae91a28359ba7bc4a19f8f.jpg

• Like 4

Did you enjoy your lunch at Sushi on Five?  This is something we are considering for embarkation day.  We ate there previously on about Day 12 on a 14 day cruise last Fall and really enjoyed the change.  Also, we had a 20% discount.  Were they offering any specials today?

Thanks so much for the pictures.  Everything looks beautiful. If you get a chance,  can you post a picture of the furniture on your balcony? We are booked in a CC cabin in August,  and I assume that our balcony will look like your aqua cabin. Do you have a chair that doesn't fit under the desk? I found some pictures online of a finished cabin that had a different chair, so I wonder if they are substituting these until the real ones come in.

Sitting on balcony now so you caught me at a good time....

Chair under desk. 38f7205cf9c7642ef28b9ed634def6fd.jpg

And two of these chairs and one of these tables. All very nice. 959fbd3f3bd5beb97a1d7694e8acfa6f.jpg
11b19b39281830f5821d4194a12c2d81.jpg

• Like 1

I see  a good spot for  hats,/ caps!

Looks  very nice...we'll be on board for 9 nights..looks like we'll fit fine..even if reg balc cabin is smaller

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:
Did you enjoy your lunch at Sushi on Five?  This is something we are considering for embarkation day.  We ate there previously on about Day 12 on a 14 day cruise last Fall and really enjoyed the change.  Also, we had a 20% discount.  Were they offering any specials today?

Yes we enjoyed it very much, it was just us, no one else in the venue. They did offer the 20% off today and we were told that for the flat fee of $30.00 per person we can eat there when ever they are open. They open at 2 on port days. Now that might be the deal of the day! Everything was fabulous and the service was exceptional.

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Like 2