Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

48 minutes ago, XtaSea said:

I anticipate our upcoming cruise will provide as much enjoyment as our past cruises, and if climbing in and out of the shower becomes exhausting, we'll recover in the Retreat Lounge or drink in hand on our narrow veranda. 

Love it! Cheers!😎🍹

We like the new colors, in fact, I just redid our bedroom in gray and it is very relaxing.  Can't do the shower in the CS though, I have knee and back issues and I'm too short to navigate it safely.  Poor Me, I have to sail in a RS.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

I'm really getting to be ok with the colors, but I really do not think a lot of the furniture is comfortable or functional.  Chairs that are too big or too small, sofas with no backs, cabins with no coffee tables (where do they think we put our room service meals??).  Hopefully I'll be wrong.

I don't care if the rooms are purple and orange, I want to be comfortable.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I'm really getting to be ok with the colors, but I really do not think a lot of the furniture is comfortable or functional.  Chairs that are too big or too small, sofas with no backs, cabins with no coffee tables (where do they think we put our room service meals??).  Hopefully I'll be wrong.

I don't care if the rooms are purple and orange, I want to be comfortable.

I agree. I keep reading the Beds are devine, and there is nothing at all wrong with a ship rocking and beds of wonderful comfort making for a fantastic nights sleep. Here's hoping these beds are to die for! 🤗

Flying from Nashville to SanJuan in about 36 hours for to experience the newly renovated Summit.  Can't wait!  I will let  you all know my impression!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ScubaDo said:

We are on our last leg of the trip heading toward SJU. The ship is really beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. Our room is lovely. Very comfortable. The new beds are great. Yes the sofa is a little straight up, but still very nice. The staff have been great. The food is consistent and good. You can always find something you will like. The bath/shower in the CS still sucks but oh well the water flow is good. The toilet is very high, but again oh well. We have really enjoyed the ship and think most everyone else will too. Happy sailing.

High toilets are considered to be a plus.  They're called comfort-height toilets.  Glad to hear they installed them.

• Like 1

With all the good and bad things that have been said about the revolution. I can say this for certain. What I remember about a cruise is that I had a great time, meet great people, had great  itineraries back 5, 10 even 20 years ago. What I can’t recall is  the color of the drapes, carpet, bedspreads etc. 

Lets all enjoy our cruises and not think a plastic piece of coral is going to ruin our trip. I sure that coral will be a conversation piece when you get home and tell your friends, NOT.  I Will be Talking about the fabulous time I had on the ship how many great people I met how many wonderful meals I had.

norma

• Like 6

h20- great post! You absolutley right- but a little gossiping over trivial things adds a nice touch to things- don´t you think!

Honestley chairs, colors, the size of the sofa- are they really important- are they really deal breakers?

Let´s all be thankfull and pray that we are not confronted with more serious problems...! LOL!

To add to the gossip part- WHERE THE HECK IS MY BAUNDRY STATUE?  I am sure they ( X) stole it to reinstall on of the Edge- Things!

This is the one and only: ( by the way- the old MDR on board Summit wasn´t that bad- wasn´t it?

image.png.8e685c9896fa4926e9101435d7ceb64a.png

Edited by Germancruiser

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

High toilets are considered to be a plus.  They're called comfort-height toilets.  Glad to hear they installed them.

I would say consdered to be a plus from a mobility stadpoint - which depends on a persons height - if a person is short and still has mobility issues this may not be considered a plus.  Unfortunately our bodies are not designed to evacuate in this position.  I had huge issues with seat height on the Edge which is why a plastic squatty potty will be in my next set of luggage (buy a new one and leave it behind).  But hey if hemorroids, potential risks from passing out from bearing down to hard and increased amounts of time spent on the toilet trying to do one's business is what one calls "comfort" then more porwer to ya.  

In other news I find the changes to the Summit and other ships visually appealing.  We sailed the Edge in February and it was stunning!  Our couch in our room left a little to be desired, and the space between our bed and closet was inadequate.  I can not even imagine how someone moderately overweight would navigate the space,  Our shower also dumped water everywhere ( but they are working to fix that).  We were also told that tables were coming (because they are listening). To be honest those few little things took zero away from the rest of the ship and the amazing time we had while on board!  In the past we sailed the Horizon in 2003 but over 20 years we have been loyal to Disney.  

Our trip was so wonderful on Edge that we booked two more cruises - while itinerary was important I sought the ships which were rovolutionized first.  After looking at which ships were out of Dry dock I proceeded to narrow down our itinerary.  I do not want to sail on a rundown ship with old or annoying room colors ( have you seen some of the atrocious purples and greens on NCL in the rooms?)  There must be something to the gray chromatic as when my parents sold some properties they sat on the market doing nothing with plain beige walls.  As we took each property and chaged the walls to gray the properties sold within days and at asking price.  It is in right now - just as beige was in sometime ago and is how the rooms appear before (when I look at photos).

Cannot wait to board summit in september and equinox next August!

• Like 3

Good news about putting the tables back in the cabins.   Is that only on Edge or on Summit, too?  Previously read some Summit cruisers bringing a folding table for their cruise.   Hope Celebrity puts back the tables before my cruise next month.

Summit needed an upgrade and public areas look nice.  Happy to hear that Celebrity is listening to the suggestions for the cabins.  I imagine that upgrades always need a little tweaking.  Thanks for the update.  Bon voyage.

3 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Good news about putting the tables back in the cabins.   Is that only on Edge or on Summit, too?  Previously read some Summit cruisers bringing a folding table for their cruise.   Hope Celebrity puts back the tables before my cruise next month.

Summit needed an upgrade and public areas look nice.  Happy to hear that Celebrity is listening to the suggestions for the cabins.  I imagine that upgrades always need a little tweaking.  Thanks for the update.  Bon voyage.

Tables coming on edge.  I am sure it will end up happening on the others as well since everyone seems so vocal about it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, villauk said:

After all the complaints over the years about the ‘sticky’ shower curtains and they have them on a brand new ship in a suite 🤔?

We had neither curtain nor door .

Would have been happy with anything. No protection from cold air conditioning wall shower, and water flooding the floor. I will take the curtain any time over nothing. Paid over $1500 a day for this cruise and dealt with a flooded floor all week.

$1500 a day for a Celebrity Suite is much too much.   We have enjoyed Cunards

Queens Grill and Seabourn’s Owner’s Suite for much less.   On Azamara now and

have booked a transatlantic in one of the higher suites for less than half the cost of the RS on the Silhouette crossing last year.   Celebrity needs to rethink their prices.   Those of us in the Elite + category have nothing to lose switching lines.  Of course on Azamara, your captains club credits transfer.    I can’t wait until we hear something similar on Silver Seas.   They have so many wonderful destination and are not stuck with the ports that can take large ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

$1500 a day for a Celebrity Suite is much too much.   We have enjoyed Cunards

Queens Grill and Seabourn’s Owner’s Suite for much less.   On Azamara now and

have booked a transatlantic in one of the higher suites for less than half the cost of the RS on the Silhouette crossing last year.   Celebrity needs to rethink their prices.   Those of us in the Elite + category have nothing to lose switching lines.  Of course on Azamara, your captains club credits transfer.    I can’t wait until we hear something similar on Silver Seas.   They have so many wonderful destination and are not stuck with the ports that can take large ships.

Hi, can you tell us what kind of suite on the Azamara you have booked? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Littlegov said:

We had neither curtain nor door .

Would have been happy with anything. No protection from cold air conditioning wall shower, and water flooding the floor. I will take the curtain any time over nothing. Paid over $1500 a day for this cruise and dealt with a flooded floor all week.

Good grief 😮! Not good.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, pd7277 said:

I have to agree.  There are people that have commented on this thread so many times I cannot count. 

Hopefully, the next posts are those from new cruisers with updates on rooms, furnishings, dining and improvements, not the continued bashings of those things already stomped to death.

I hope there's a light on the balcony so I don't have to bring my battery lantern.

6 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

I hope there's a light on the balcony so I don't have to bring my battery lantern.

They have had lights on the balcony since Summit first sailed and suspect they still do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Hey Nick!  How are you and Irene?  Long time no cruise with you.  

Sorry Jim, it's an inside joke.

Edited by pd7277

So far just being shortly on board the ship is really awesome. As I said at one point I don’t really remember much about her on a Bermuda trip but she is looking good! 

We are in AQ, the cabin feels roomy enough, the colors are different in person, much more brown then gray, much warmer than though of, here are some of the fabrics and textures to illustrate. 

• Like 2

So far just being shortly on board the ship is really awesome. As I said at one point I don’t really remember much about her on a Bermuda trip but she is looking good!

We are in AQ, the cabin feels roomy enough, the colors are different in person, much more brown then gray, much warmer than thought of or described before, here are some of the fabrics and textures to illustrate.

5dd0d5cf4b0e132b782034c34400b3d9.jpg4d9349c632dd4b02f17e26c1aa868229.jpge8fd1760be934974c1399c6382f460b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2