Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

Thanks all for confirming nightstands can be moved.  I've bought collapsible containers for the open bathroom shelves near floor.  How unhygienic having open shelves next to toilets.  Will not be using them for personal items!!! So disappointed in new room decor.  Colors drag but doable.  No couch, no table in front of chair.  No cabinets in bathroom. Smaller closet space ( not long enough for suit jackets, shirts), less storage space).  We are cruising on Summit in May, so we'll see how uncomfortable the CC cabin is now.  This is our 5th cruise on her because we loved the ship.  This may drive us back to Cunard where we can have a nice cabin for our cruise fare.  

1 hour ago, sscats said:

We are on the Summit in September in Concierge cabin.  Were there still foot stools on the veranda?  Also, is there a night stand on each side of the bed?  Is the Oceanview Cafe set up now in an open area like the S class ships or still one long circle? 

Thanks!  Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Yes, we very much enjoyed the cruise!  To answer your questions - no footstools.  Yes, there was a nightstand on each side of the bed.  Facing the bed on the left side, the nightstand had a lamp on it with many outlets/ports build into the lamp base.  On the right side, the lamp was on the wall and the nightstand had the phone on it.  The Oceanview Cafe had many different stations and a map on the wall.  I liked the way it was spread out as it helped with the flow.  When I get home this evening, I will post a picture of the map.

For what one pays for the suites that most are worried about, one could go on any cruise line.  Shop around to see if something is designed the way your prefer.  I think Viking and Seabourne may be out because they seem to use the same style.

The new baths in the "lower" cabins look very nice.  I am excited.  Would love to see the picture of the map and other common areas.

Edited by happy cruzer

52 minutes ago, Quo Vadis? said:

Has anyone had any experience with the comfort or practicality of the new high-backed chairs in the dining room?

We sat in those chairs the whole cruise.  They were comfortable but very heavy to move around.  

20190325_152921.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Quo Vadis? said:

Has anyone had any experience with the comfort or practicality of the new high-backed chairs in the dining room?

Yes.  We were a table of 4.  The chairs were horrible.  First of all, so heavy to move and I felt bad for our servers trying to push us in.  They said when the chairs arrived, they had to unpack and move them.  Not only are they heavy, but NOT comfortable at all.  They are so deep, you have to sit forward.  For people like me with bad backs, it was a back breaker.  They do have 1 pillow, and my server got me another!  Still not enough and on a couple of nights, I brought a small pillow I use on the plane, too.  I can't even say form over function because they are not even nice looking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie2006 said:

I like the new hat stand... er, bedside lamp.

Design your own lamp shade!

20190325_143535.jpg

20190325_143600.jpg

Cute...that lamp is so teenage dorm..who has that in their master bedroom?  Takes up space on the top of the nightstand...  Can it be moved?

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Newbie2006 said:

I like the new hat stand... er, bedside lamp.

Design your own lamp shade!

20190325_143535.jpg

20190325_143600.jpg

I assume you are only kidding, but if that lamp gets hot enough the hat can catch on fire.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I assume you are only kidding, but if that lamp gets hot enough the hat can catch on fire.   

The lamp didn't get hot. New fangled lightbulbs conserve energy and stay cool. The light rarely was on. (Usually it was turned on by stateroom attendant so our room wasn't dark at night). By the end of the cruise, the lamp looked odd without my hat on it. My hat fit perfectly.

The other bedside lamp is similar sphere size, but hangs down from the ceiling... might only be useful for a open top visor.

*only bedside lamp with charging plugs is on the hat-able lamp... other bedside lamp doesn't have charging plugs... start flipping coins over who gets to be next to the plug now before your cruise!!

Is it just me....or does the aft Sunset bar seem smaller? Bar and "bacon strips" almost touch the flag mast. I think the bar area itself has been moved aft a tad. Check out some of the old pics online and compare.

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

Yes.  We were a table of 4.  The chairs were horrible.  First of all, so heavy to move and I felt bad for our servers trying to push us in.  They said when the chairs arrived, they had to unpack and move them.  Not only are they heavy, but NOT comfortable at all.  They are so deep, you have to sit forward.  For people like me with bad backs, it was a back breaker. 

Thank you... my back cringes at the thought.

3 hours ago, deb1eric said:

We sat in those chairs the whole cruise.  They were comfortable but very heavy to move around.  

Thank you for the picture and comment.

25 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

Can anyone confirm that the gym is now by organized class only, and not drop in anytime and run on a treadmill?  (I read this on one of these threads, now can't find it).

What you read was a poster wondering about an email she received that seemed to be hyping the for-fee classes.  No one else read it as saying the gym was not open as it’s always been. Presumably someone who has sailed will confirm that.  I’m sure we’d be hearing about it if it weren’t. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ayton lady said:

I used a new Kelly Hoppen vase for my hat stand on the bedside cabinet in the Royal suite. Just the right size! 

Also used the gym on Millie without attending classes.

Good  one...we had the vase removed..it said do not add water.  Glad you found it useful...We also  got rid of the faux coral...Used the niche for fresh flowers!..

Phoitos show lots of treadmills and equip..not worried about using them without a class!

3 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

Videos taken on ship before leaving port . . .  sorry for the shakey camera . . . maybe use some leftover bonine before watching.

Thanks for the videos!   (I think Youtube has an option to stabilize video when you upload it)

1 hour ago, gotcha3 said:

Is it just me....or does the aft Sunset bar seem smaller? Bar and "bacon strips" almost touch the flag mast. I think the bar area itself has been moved aft a tad. Check out some of the old pics online and compare.

I think it's the same as it was.   Here's the above video at the 239 second mark.   https://youtu.be/jBWyKzBvS54?t=239

You can see a woman sitting in one of the new bar chairs (vs the old stools), and the guy walking by behind her, and then tables to the left of that guy.  That's the same amount of space as I recall there being on the Infinity back in Feb.  Bar, walkway, room for one row of tables. 

4 hours ago, deb1eric said:

20190325_152921.jpg

Ok... HOW do you move them around?  Seems like you'd be giving the thing a bear-hug to grab it from behind.  No back rails of any kind to grab hold of, either.