Princess Water Package

Reina del Mar

Posted on Ask a Question Forum but recommended to re post here.

We usually book a water package for our cabin on all cruises.

I know we can and probably should drink the tap water, but feel the need to have bottled water in our cabin and to take ashore. Do not want to discuss why/wherefore....but it's what we like to do!

However, on our Personaliser for upcoming Princess cruise, there is no option to order water package. Spoke to few passengers via Cruise Critic and was told water packages not available on Australian cruises.

Thought about taking crate of water aboard with us..bit of a fuss but doable.

Then a Cruise Critic member posted on roll call  that passengers from USA could book water packages, ..they had pre ordered and paid.

An Australian passenger said packages unavailable for Australian bookings. Went in to have UK travel agent speak to Princess on our behalf...no water packages available on our cruise!

Anyone have any idea WHY or what this is all about ?  A small issue I appreciate but most frustrating.

Many thanks.

Edited by Reina del Mar
Being polite.

This is a really good question and one that I have been wondering also.  I keep checking the site to see if Princess has added the water option, but, no luck.  If anyone knows the answer, I would also be interested.  I don't want to have to carry on a very heavy case of water.  I would rather have it waiting for me in my cabin...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenie082756 said:

Why would an Australian cruise be exempt from purchasing the bottled water? Is there any other areas where it is not available?

I have no idea why it's not available for Australia cruises.  I'm not aware of any other places that it's not available.  

Like I said in an earlier post, the only beverage package available is the "Premier Beverage Package".  You can't even preorder the Unlimited Soda and More package.. 

The only beverage package available for prepurchase for Australian based cruises is the Premier Beverage package.  Every other cruise that I've booked not only has package options for water, but also soda, coffee, beer, etc.  We will definitely have to take lots of water on board when we embark on our cruise from Sydney, hate paying $2.30 per bottle on board (although I don't know if it's different in AUD).

Thanks for the replies. The water package is available on our Caribbean cruises later this year but NOT available for the Australian one. The Premier Drinks' Package is all they are offering on my Personaliser.

I phoned Princess as am very annoyed that someone on the roll call from US was able to order water but I was not.

The rep I spoke to this time was prepared to look into this for me, even though I have booked through a travel agent( who had tried unsuccessfully) to get answer from Princess.

The rep explained it is because the currency of the cruise will be Australian dollars. No idea why, but she said there was nothing to be done about it, it was just not available. I complained that I thought it unfair that US passengers were able to buy it, but she still insisted  it was not available....lucky person on roll call who was able to pre order.

Interested to hear if anyone else has been able to book water or soda packages on cruises from Australia .

Thanks.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you don't want to carry a heavy case of water - why not bring a refillable bottle and use the tap OR bring a filter for your water.

Like Mitchell  said up thread....Read the question !

We know we can use the tap water but have our own reasons for wanting bottled water in the cabin and for going ashore.

Thanks for your reply though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Interested to hear if anyone else has been able to book water or soda packages on cruises from Australia .

Thanks.

Not on the US website for Melbourne to NZ cruise Nov 24, 2019

Wish they did have water packages available on Australian cruises.  The theory put forward by Princess that it is because the currency on board is in Australian dollars doesn't  really hold up as on a recent cruise on the Sapphire with the currency in US$ we were able to order water packages through the Cruise Personaliser and pay in advance in Australian Dollars.  We have to fly from Brisbane to Sydney for our next cruise so cannot carry cases of water on the aircraft and there are no shops at White Bay.  I know I can take a refillable bottle but find easier to have a case.

Anne

We love being able to preorder the water too.  Sorry you can't.  But if convenience is your main concern, I suggest buying a couple nice bottles with the tops you can drink out of at the airport when you fly in for your cruise (or drive in).  Then when onboard buy the big (1-2 litre size?), but the big bottles of water from Princess and then refill your smaller bottles. I mean, how much can you drink?  Maybe add $30 or so to your bill.  Peanuts and very convenient.  But being able to preorder is the best.  That is my DH's "drink package!"  Grin.

Pooh

An option might be to go on your roll call and ask an American if they can add a water package for you and you will pay them when you get on board.  When we went on our Baltic cruise some people wanted more that one bottle of wine so other cruisers on our roll call picked up wine for them.

• Like 1

Who knows what twisted logic is used for the availability of the various packages. It's like the cabin categories - get can call it an upgrade all they want but if they move me to a part of the ship I don't want to be in I call that a downgrade! 

If you aren't able to pre-purchase a case of water, can you put in a request to have your cabin stocked with the large (I think 1 liter?) bottles of water as a request to the steward? At least the large bottles are cheaper. 

But I personally think having bottle water available should be included on all cruises. Radical, I know. But considering how easy it is for illness to spread on a ship and for people like me who have health conditions that weaken our immune system and make hydration as important as medication, having safe drinking water isn't a matter of choice. It isn't a luxury. 

10 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks for the replies. The water package is available on our Caribbean cruises later this year but NOT available for the Australian one. The Premier Drinks' Package is all they are offering on my Personaliser.

I phoned Princess as am very annoyed that someone on the roll call from US was able to order water but I was not.

The rep I spoke to this time was prepared to look into this for me, even though I have booked through a travel agent( who had tried unsuccessfully) to get answer from Princess.

The rep explained it is because the currency of the cruise will be Australian dollars. No idea why, but she said there was nothing to be done about it, it was just not available. I complained that I thought it unfair that US passengers were able to buy it, but she still insisted  it was not available....lucky person on roll call who was able to pre order.

Thanks.

I believe the same rules apply to all cruisers for Australian based cruises regardless of nationality.  Could the person on your roll call who mentioned this possibly be confusing this with a different cruise?

Azbirdmom -

It is possible the person who wrote the reply about being able to pre order water has got it wrong. It's a specific roll call for a specific cruise on Majestic Princess ! 

He said he'd been able to order some water for Australian friends who were unable to pre order. 

Sandy of the Seas .

Good suggestion but I have no idea who the poster is apart from his User name, so wouldn't like to ask him to order us some water.