Lobster on NCL

TominNC

We're sailing on Norwegian for the first time March 11 (5 days on Epic, yes I know about last week!)

Does Norwegian have a night with lobster tail on the regular menu for the main dining room?  Our last cruises on Royal had them.

Mainly asking for my wife.  Thanks

We were on NCL Star last month and did not see lobster tail on the menus. There were items such as lobster bisque, etc., but nothing where the majority of the plate could be considered a lobster tail specifically. 

Overall, we really enjoyed the variety and quality of food in all of the restaurants and dining rooms. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

On the Escape in January, the seafood restaurant had whole steamed lobster and grilled lobster tail on the menu, both without a surcharge.  The grilled lobster tail was large and reasonably good, although the lobster flavor was diffused by the asian vegetables and (soy?) sauce piled on it.  The whole steamed lobster was previously frozen, small  and not particularly good. The lobster bisque in the MDR was OK -- as with all such bisques, it was made with the zest scraped off of lobster shells.

NCL dropping its offering of previously-frozen warm water "lobsters"' was no loss.  Rock lobster can be tasty if it is fresh and grilled right, but those weren't.  

Edited by FLAHAM
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Does Teppanyaki still have lobster in a combo?   I have "upcharged" to deep six the other seafood in the combo.  Wink. 

Does it matter?  Your next trip is in YC.  There will likely be lobster for dinner.  Arthur brought us lobster plate for both app and main.

26 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Does it matter?  Your next trip is in YC.  There will likely be lobster for dinner.  Arthur brought us lobster plate for both app and main.

I was sharing my experiences with NCL

as a possibility for those going on NCL wanting lobster.   It is not about me and my wants and needs.  

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Pearl on Sunday and there was no lobster. Our waitess told us they haven't had lobster on the main dining room menu on NCL in years. The last NCL cruise I took before this one was in 2012 on the Jewel and they did have it. I was disappointed b/c I was looking forward to it. 😞 .

Edited by dsaurus

The fact is, they never had cold water North Atlantic lobster on the MDR menu (at least, going back the 12 years I have sailed NCL).  They had had warm water rock lobster, an entirely different species.  Now that can be tasty if properly grilled fresh.  However, on MDR it was previously frozen and then baked.  It was not particularly good and was nothing like a New England lobster.

15 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

The fact is, they never had cold water North Atlantic lobster on the MDR menu (at least, going back the 12 years I have sailed NCL).  They had had warm water rock lobster, an entirely different species.  Now that can be tasty if properly grilled fresh.  However, on MDR it was previously frozen and then baked.  It was not particularly good and was nothing like a New England lobster.

completely agree: I love good Lobster but have sailed on all mass marketed lines and a few other lines: I have yet to have decent Lobster. I could care less they have discontinued it. 

Sailed on MSC Yacht Club 2X.  As much as I loved the experience (and I did), their lobster left a lot to be desired.  Everything else was wonderful, though!

Last good lobster (on a ship) I had was in Ocean Blue on Getaway.  But, that was a while ago.

Edited by graphicguy