Cruise director on Riviera

laserboi

+2 with Nolan. Thought he did a great job.

As for Peter, there is definitely a “ taste I haven’t acquired!”. My least favorite CD of all , but I do still laugh at his shoe collection! He was onboard the Marina with us in FP.

Dave Barr is still my favorite. 

I actually liked Perez that could abit over jabber on the PA, but he was funny and lighthearted. I guess to lighthearted for some 🙁. Understand he’s now happily running his own B&B in Havana! Good for him!

• Like 1

Leslie Jon and Nolan Dean are my two favorites.  Dottie totally mishandled the infamous “norovirus” Riviera Caribbean cruise we were on in 2016 which ended two days early; she went from an excess of communication to no communication in a nanosecond.

12 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

These two are at the top of my list as well.

Hard to believe we never have met (or, unfortunately, never have sailed together) because so many of your posts on this Oceania board uncannily reflect my views/opinions. 

We never know what the future holds - if your travels ever bring you to or through San Francisco (and we are here) we can arrange to have lunch 🙂

There are lots of good restaurants of all kinds around here.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 11:41 PM, Paulchili said:

We never know what the future holds - if your travels ever bring you to or through San Francisco (and we are here) we can arrange to have lunch 🙂

There are lots of good restaurants of all kinds around here.

Thanks, Paul.  We were fortunate to have had the privilege of meeting Don Horner for dinner when he began a riverboat cruise from here (Cincinnati).  He luckily mentioned on this Oceania board that he was embarking here, and I immediately contacted him.

So indeed who knows!

Pam, you were indeed fortunate to have met Don.  We met him fortuitously on a cruise where I was preparing name tags for the M&G and Don and Betsy came to our suite to help us put them together.  I think that was in 2013.  Prior to that I'd only known him via CC.  I dearly wish we'd had more time with both of them ... wonderful people!

I still miss his helpful, CALMING posts.

Mura

14 minutes ago, Mura said:

Pam, you were indeed fortunate to have met Don.  We met him fortuitously on a cruise where I was preparing name tags for the M&G and Don and Betsy came to our suite to help us put them together.  I think that was in 2013.  Prior to that I'd only known him via CC.  I dearly wish we'd had more time with both of them ... wonderful people!

Mura

+1, a fine gentlemen

x_134535.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mura said:

+2

Don had a way of successfully negotiating peace in a dispute in addition to a wealth of info on these boards.

Edited by Paulchili

One of our most special members, and the proof of that is how many people remember him this way.

Lots of information, delivered in a helpful manner ... As I said, I miss him.  And I know I am not alone in that.

Bless his memory.

Mura

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

No love for Ray Carr? I laugh more on a cruise with Ray than anyone else.

I think we cruised with him but I am not certain. If we did, he obviously did not make a lasting impression on me 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

I know he went from Silversea to Regent, but for me Ray Solaire was the best ever, (apart from the legendary Moss Hills on Silversea). A true gentleman and great performer. He pitched his craft to the perfect level and was always Visible, he didn’t need gimmicks like “strange shoes”, nor did he deluge the public areas with announcements. For me though Nolan or Leslie get my vote, followed by Dottie. The “shoes” however, don’t cut it at all....., but that’s my personal opinion. I’m sure he has a following.. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Finlaggan said:

I know he went from Silversea to Regent, but for me Ray Solaire was the best ever, (apart from the legendary Moss Hills on Silversea). A true gentleman and great performer. He pitched his craft to the perfect level and was always Visible, he didn’t need gimmicks like “strange shoes”, nor did he deluge the public areas with announcements. For me though Nolan or Leslie get my vote, followed by Dottie. The “shoes” however, don’t cut it at all....., but that’s my personal opinion. I’m sure he has a following.. 

The only things I really rated on Silversea were both Ray and Moss.......had I been on Viking Sky last week I would have certainly wanted Moss Hills on board.........the Oceanos story here is a must read!!

https://www.oceanossinking.com/

• Like 1