Night stands

Letacraig

There are no plugs of any kind on the night stands.    There are, however, more plugs available now - in mini-suites, there are plugs available on the high shelves where the TV's used to be.   Since TV's are now wall-mounted, those plugs are free to use.    That's a real help, as the double plugs by the desk are set up so that you can only use 1 at a time with many wide or longer device plugs.    

Be aware that all suites are club class. Only some mini-suites are club class. Also be aware that a mini-suite is not actually a suite. It's just a larger room with a sofa, a second television, and a larger bathroom with a tub. Mini suite is a deceptive name for the cabin.

Since the beds can be configured as either twins or a queen the nightstands are free-standing units that can be moved around. Therefore there is no way to have outlets on them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There is one 220 V outlet behind the nightstand for the lamp.  

Plus we're starting to see a USB port on the lamps. Unfortunately, these newer lamps have a much larger base and take up a lot more room. DH had trouble figuring out where to put his CPAP. He ended up keeping it on the small open shelf under the lamp.

25 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

FWIW........Some night stands cannot be moved and some are hardwired.

I've often thought that too...but I sometimes travel with two single beds and at least one night stand HAS TO be moved.

I know, I pack too much.  But I found a small foldable stool (maybe 8 inches) from Daiso.  It fits nicely in the draw with my CPAP on top of it for the night.  Then I collapse it and can store everything in the draw during the day.  

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

I've often thought that too...but I sometimes travel with two single beds and at least one night stand HAS TO be moved.

I know, I pack too much.  But I found a small foldable stool (maybe 8 inches) from Daiso.  It fits nicely in the draw with my CPAP on top of it for the night.  Then I collapse it and can store everything in the draw during the day.  

That sounds like a great idea.

I just wish they would have installed at least 1 or 2 more convenient plug locations from the start.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That sounds like a great idea.

I just wish they would have installed at least 1 or 2 more convenient plug locations from the start.

You and I both.  At least the Ruby has two 110 outlets near the desk.  Some of the other ships only had one.  Then with the flat screen tvs.....you can't get to the secret outlet behind the tv.  Maybe the problem isn't with Princess....but that we have too many gadgets that we travel with?  Not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

…. At least the Ruby has two 110 outlets near the desk.  Some of the other ships only had one.  Then with the flat screen tvs.....you can't get to the secret outlet behind the tv....

See my earlier post (#3) - with some plugs, only one of the outlets will be usable at a time.   The 'secret outlet' that used to be behind the old TV's is now fully accessible.    

12 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

See my earlier post (#3) - with some plugs, only one of the outlets will be usable at a time.   The 'secret outlet' that used to be behind the old TV's is now fully accessible.    

Good to know.  CC is full of a wealth of information.  Thanks to all.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Be aware that all suites are club class. Only some mini-suites are club class. Also be aware that a mini-suite is not actually a suite. It's just a larger room with a sofa, a second television, and a larger bathroom with a tub. Mini suite is a deceptive name for the cabin.

Since the beds can be configured as either twins or a queen the nightstands are free-standing units that can be moved around. Therefore there is no way to have outlets on them.

hey Thrak, wasn't it you that posted there are/is an outlet behind the head board?

42 minutes ago, c-boy said:

hey Thrak, wasn't it you that posted there are/is an outlet behind the head board?

I looked last week on the Grand hoping to find these “hidden outlets” behind the headboard. Nothing doing. 

I’ll check later on the CB and Emerald. 

Hope springs eternal!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

No but I've read on here that there is supposed to be an outlet under the bed which sounds like pretty much the same thing. I've see posts where people said they had plugged their CPAP in under the bed. I can't recall doing so but I may at some time have posted in regard to those other posts. I've never looked as I've never needed the outlet and it's too damn hard to get up and down to check under the bed.

While I didn’t find an outlet near the bottom of the headboard, I did locate the outlet into which the bedside lamp was plugged. This was at about the distance off the floor of a standard residential wall outlet. 

Plugging a cube tap or an extension cord into this outlet would certainly provide bedside power. 

4 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

While I didn’t find an outlet near the bottom of the headboard, I did locate the outlet into which the bedside lamp was plugged. This was at about the distance off the floor of a standard residential wall outlet. 

Plugging a cube tap or an extension cord into this outlet would certainly provide bedside power. 

The outlet behind the nightstand is a 220V one.  And I may be really dense, but I don't remember any headboards in the cabins.

• Like 1

Too bad Princess doesn't do what a lot of hotels do now and put outlets on the base of the night stand lamp. When I am traveling I usually use my phone as an alarm clock and can't do on Princess if I am next to the night stand and need to charge the phone.

Edited by MaineCruiser243

59 minutes ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

Too bad Princess doesn't do what a lot of hotels do now and put outlets on the base of the night stand lamp. When I am traveling I usually use my phone as an alarm clock and can't do on Princess if I am next to the night stand and need to charge the phone.

I've been on 2 ships that have a USB port on the lamp. Very helpful.