Packing the bring on 12 packs

duncmelsmom

They do not have to be in a box. You can stick them in your pockets, in a bag, in your carry on luggage, balance them while juggling (or juggle them), however you want to take them on as long as they're not in your checked luggage.

You get bonus points if you do juggle them though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

They do not have to be in a box. You can stick them in your pockets, in a bag, in your carry on luggage, balance them while juggling (or juggle them), however you want to take them on as long as they're not in your checked luggage.

You get bonus points if you do juggle them though.

Dr Seuss fan?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMAE said:

I keep them in the box, but I cut open the box so they can see the tops so they don't touch them. 

I have seen the security staff destroy boxes to inspect the soda so it is a good idea to have a bag or something to put them in if this happens. 

19 hours ago, JMAE said:

I keep them in the box, but I cut open the box so they can see the tops so they don't touch them. 

4 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have seen the security staff destroy boxes to inspect the soda so it is a good idea to have a bag or something to put them in if this happens. 

Since I started doing this security has never pulled or touched a can out of the box in the bottom of my carry on bag. 

We use a bunge cord and strap them to the top of our roller bag.  When we check our bags with the porters, that leaves just the 12 pack to carry on.  Never had them open the 12 pk. to inspect.

You know, you can also bring soda on at ports of call.  I will scout out the area of the ports on Google Maps for a cheap place to buy more soda, like the CVS right across the street in Old San Juan.

Edited by HawkIVette

5 hours ago, HawkIVette said:

We use a bunge cord and strap them to the top of our roller bag.  When we check our bags with the porters, that leaves just the 12 pack to carry on.  Never had them open the 12 pk. to inspect.

You know, you can also bring soda on at ports of call.  I will scout out the area of the ports on Google Maps for a cheap place to buy more soda, like the CVS right across the street in Old San Juan.

Can you do this with wine too? 

12 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

Can you bring your soda cans to MDR?  I should have asked this on the bubbles topic but forgot. Good topics tonight!

Yes.  Just ask the waiter staff for a gass of ice and they will oblige.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, duncmelsmom said:

Bonus points??  Oh I wish I had time to learn to juggle!!  This sounds great!  Thanks so much-

What is the prize for that?  I'm shooting for a Vista Ship on a Stick.  I'm starting a collection.  It may be worth tens of dollars someday.  P.S.  I have an extra Splendor that I'm looking to trade.  

• Like 1

To tell you the truth, I have never seen so many 12pks of soda as when we left out of NOLA.  I mean some people had stacks of them, i guess they were with a group or whatever to be able to get that many on, but holy moly. Looked like over kill to me, but i guess if you have your certain brand and cant go without for a seven day cruise, go for it!!

2 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Purvis is correct - I have seen them open our neighbors' 12 pack of coke.  Fortunately, they had a tote bag to put them in.  I'm sure it just depends on who is checking that day.

Right, on the occasion I witnessed (in Mobile right after Carnival renewed in 2016). They were destroying boxes left and right. Can drinks were rolling over place. I saw one man throwing his away so I offered to allow him to put his in our carry on. In 2017 they were not really checking but it did notice the staff did have some packing tape to help repair the boxes. 

1 hour ago, FSHLOT said:

To tell you the truth, I have never seen so many 12pks of soda as when we left out of NOLA. 

Same out of Mobile. I don't think I've seen so many 12 packs as when we sailed from there last week! Literally, I think that every passenger was holding a 12 pack of soda.