Soda cups on symphony?

On Allure last week we only had one cup in our cabin. We stopped at one of the tables where they were selling the drink packages and they looked us up on the system to see that we had paid for the packages and gave us the other cup.

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Both of our cups were in the room when we got there, but since we don’t use them, we asked the room attendant to take them back

just curious. Would you have been able to give them to someone to use since you don't use them?

57 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

just curious. Would you have been able to give them to someone to use since you don't use them?

Only if they wanted to be dishonest and cheat - sharing packages is not permitted. 

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

,am I right in thinking that they give you a cup/glass for sodas that you need to carry around with you?

You only need the cup if you want a flavor that can only be obtained in the Freestyle machine.

15 hours ago, colesc15 said:

In years past the coke soda cups were in the cabin. They weren't today when we got the room. Do I get them from the bar or ask the room steward? 

I just went down to guest services, and they gave me one.

1 minute ago, snaefell said:

You just know what is coming next,what is a Freestyle machine?

Most of the time one can get an answer to a question by simply typing exactly that into Google, but apparently it is easier to come to CC and get a "personalized" answer.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most of the time one can get an answer to a question by simply typing exactly that into Google, but apparently it is easier to come to CC and get a "personalized" answer.

Well thinking that this machine was exclusive to RCI the cruise forums seemed a pretty decent place to ask seeing as I needed something clarifying!

But I did try googling Freestyle machines & now am so knowledeable in Freestyle gluecose monitors,knitting machines & heaven knows what else,oh & Cola freestyle machines!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snaefell said:

Well thinking that this machine was exclusive to RCI the cruise forums seemed a pretty decent place to ask seeing as I needed something clarifying!

The next question is, does my ship have these? Yup, there's a thread for that as well, just updated yesterday.

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Can you get a can of soda with a glass and ice at the bars or just the fountain soda (with the soda card)?

Though there may be exceptions, the beverage packages only include fountain soda.

8 hours ago, snaefell said:

OK never had to bother with a drink package before but will be on our upcoming  first RCI cruises,am I right in thinking that they give you a cup/glass for sodas that you need to carry around with you?

You need the cup if you want to use the freestyle machines.  You can order a fountain soda at any bar or in the Main Dining Room with your card.  I'm not sure about the Windjammer because we never went there and they do have the freestyle machines available. I hope this helps!

You need the cup if you want to use the freestyle machines.  You can order a fountain soda at any bar or in the Main Dining Room with your card.  I'm not sure about the Windjammer because we never went there and they do have the freestyle machines available. I hope this helps!
The Windjammer also has soda available by the glass

On 3/3/2019 at 7:09 AM, Biker19 said:

Why are you so mean? CC is a place where people can get answers when they are feeling overwhelmed about their vacation. Can most questions be answered through google? Sure. But if you are annoyed by them then simply don’t answer. 

BigHouseFootball-who thinks Biker is a bully. 

4 hours ago, snaefell said:

Thanks again guys,like I say something I haven't seen before but more aware now,not sure we will be using it much if at all,does seem a real pain to have to carry a cup around with you!

Our cups were rarely empty because we were usually drinking something. Sometimes it was ice water, sometimes it was soda, we also used it for our adult beverages. The drinks stayed nice and cold and didn't get watered down because the ice took a long time to melt. I hope this helps!