Guarantee cabin # assignment - how early?

Moriah

Curious what the earliest is that anyone has received their cabin assignment on a guarantee cabin? Our cruise is in August - when does it make sense for me to obsessively start to look at our luggage tags in the check-in online? 🙂

30 days on a couple of longer cruises, but normally 10 days.  At 14 days you can start looking up to 6 times a day without going crazy.

Enjoy the run-up to your cruise and please come back and let us know how you did on your assignment.

Curious what the earliest is that anyone has received their cabin assignment on a guarantee cabin? Our cruise is in August - when does it make sense for me to obsessively start to look at our luggage tags in the check-in online? [emoji846]

Our travel agent always finds out before anything appears on the website and let’s us know. 2 weeks out was furthest away for me.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did a guarantee in 2017 and got our assignment about two weeks out. However, for our upcoming cruise, the assignment came more than a month in advance. We are sailing with my parents and were hoping for an adjoining room situation, so that could be the reason we got our assignment so early.

I got one two days out-I had already flown down.  But it was a good one-I went from a MM Guarantee to a C.  I think mine usually come in the 2 week to 10 day range. I know I've heard the later you get it, the better it usually is!

1 hour ago, cqtiger said:

ours is 11 days away and I am still waiting(obsessively:)  )

I am in the same boat as you (well, who knows if I am actually on the same ship), but I am sitting at 11 days and still haven't gotten mine.  And with my personality, that's not a good thing.  LOL

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sambamama said:

I know I've heard the later you get it, the better it usually is!

I've heard that too, but have seen no evidence of it.  I personally know of two instances where people who got their assignments in the last 4 or 5 days got exactly what they booked ... no upgrade at all!

Edited by catl331

On 3/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, SilvertoGold said:

30 days on a couple of longer cruises, but normally 10 days.  At 14 days you can start looking up to 6 times a day without going crazy.

Enjoy the run-up to your cruise and please come back and let us know how you did on your assignment.

Thank you! It's torture for me already... I'm starting to think I need to distract myself with another cruise that comes before this one! 🙂 . But I'll take your, and others' advice and wait until a couple weeks out to start being obsessive about it.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, LUV DEM TIGERS said:

I am in the same boat as you (well, who knows if I am actually on the same ship), but I am sitting at 11 days and still haven't gotten mine.  And with my personality, that's not a good thing.  LOL

ours just came through 9 days out :classic_biggrin:

How do you get notified that your cabin has been assigned? In 2017, we did our first guarantee cabin booking.  We were told to check our print luggage tags on our check in page to find our cabin assignment.  We were assigned the day before sailing, and that is how we found out.  Any other ways to find out?  We just made our second guarantee booking and we sail in just over 4 weeks..... fingers crossed that we will have a cabin assigned sooner than last time.

10 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

How do you get notified that your cabin has been assigned? In 2017, we did our first guarantee cabin booking.  We were told to check our print luggage tags on our check in page to find our cabin assignment.  We were assigned the day before sailing, and that is how we found out.  Any other ways to find out?  We just made our second guarantee booking and we sail in just over 4 weeks..... fingers crossed that we will have a cabin assigned sooner than last time.

I just checked the boarding pass and luggage tags each day and finally it appeared. My travel agent still hadn’t heard about it by email 

3 minutes ago, cqtiger said:

I just checked the boarding pass and luggage tags each day and finally it appeared. My travel agent still hadn’t heard about it by email 

I was the same way.   Just kept checking and finally yesterday, 9 days before sailing, it just appeared.  Never got an email or anything.