EZAir Custom Flight Policy Change

azbirdmom

The Princess website has always allowed users to select flights as long as both ways of a round trip ticket were in the same class.  But it used to be possible to call Princess and have them book one way in Economy and one way in Business.  I called Princess today and supplied the agent with the flight numbers and class of service for our desired flights for one of our upcoming trips.  She took all of the information down and then put me on hold for about 5 minutes while she contacted their air department.  When she came back, she apologized and said that EZAir has just changed the policy and going forward flights must all be booked in the same class of service.  A disappointing change that I'm passing this along in case it affects others...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coral said:

Move to where I live. We don't have Business Class seats on planes out of my airport - thus I always get Economy for part of my trip!

We always fly cattle class because we're too poor to pay for business class. We're even booked Economy to London later this year. At least we're flying Virgin Atlantic so it may be a little better.  :classic_blush:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Thank you for the heads up on EZair.  I believe you can contact the airline and get upgrades for money or miles.  

I also get seats on airline websites where I can upgrade to economy+ aisle for a nominal fee (only $45 on Air Canada yesterday)

Edited by Ombud

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

If you select business class you may actually get a mixed class set of flights. 

This is what I get. It will even show economy where I want it to show Business such as over-seas flights. You have to be very careful when picking flights.

It maybe different for those living near big hubs like OP.

7 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Thank you for the heads up on EZair.  I believe you can contact the airline and get upgrades for money or miles.  

Yes, you can get waitlisted for an upgrade after your EZAir reservation is ticketed.  I went 0 for 3 with United doing that last year though which is why I decided to book it outright again through EZAir but was thwarted by their policy change. 

2 hours ago, Coral said:

This is what I get. It will even show economy where I want it to show Business such as over-seas flights. You have to be very careful when picking flights.

It maybe different for those living near big hubs like OP.

It can be different.  Sometimes the domestic portion of an international flight will be in first, other times it will be in economy which I don't mind.  All of that is reflected in the fare.

Interesting?? Will they let you book just a one way in Business?

Then can you book the domestic flight one way on your own or must you always book a round trip ticket with them??

It used to be that one way tix were always more expensive than a round trip but that is not always true any more.

Edited by riffatsea
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Interesting?? Will they let you book just a one way in Business?

Then can you book the domestic flight one way on your own or must you always book a round trip ticket with them??

It used to be that one way tix were always more expensive than a round trip but that is not always true any more.

Yes on EZ Air you can book a one way.

The one way prices I have seen and purchased through EZ Air are as competitive as the R/T fares IMO.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

We always fly cattle class because we're too poor to pay for business class. We're even booked Economy to London later this year. At least we're flying Virgin Atlantic so it may be a little better.  :classic_blush:

You are going to love Virgin Atlantic!  We flew them to London in Premium Economy and it was a most wonderful experience!  

37 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

You are going to love Virgin Atlantic!  We flew them to London in Premium Economy and it was a most wonderful experience!  

Hopefully regular economy will be fine as well. Even regular economy was over $3,500 per person one way on every site we could find. When I checked EZ Air I was shocked to book the exact same flight numbers for $306 per person. (It actually went down to $303 per person for a while but I didn't rebook as I didn't want to mess with the flight.) Mind boggling price difference. With Premium Economy the EZ Air price tripled per person so I stuck with Economy.

Edited by Thrak

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hopefully regular economy will be fine as well. Even regular economy was over $3,500 per person one way on every site we could find. When I checked EZ Air I was shocked to book the exact same flight numbers for $306 per person. (It actually went down to $303 per person for a while but I didn't rebook as I didn't want to mess with the flight.) Mind boggling price difference. With Premium Economy the EZ Air price tripled per person so I stuck with Economy.

You and I have gone through the very same thought process. I too stayed with economy for identical reasons. 

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Whoa!  We didn't pay that much for premium economy!  That's crazy!  We actually got our next trip first class between Sacramento and Barcelona for an amazing price via EZair.  It's hard paying that big of a difference to upgrade, but I have a fear that I would go crazy stuck in that close of quarters for 10+ hours.  

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just a suggestion as I think you're also near SFO. I book economy for flexibility then go to airline website once its as done deal for me (cruise balance due, no more air changes) and upgrade there for the more legroom. It's anywhere from $45 (Air Canada) to $200 (Star Alliance members). Of course that's for flights from SFO. 

44 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Whoa!  We didn't pay that much for premium economy!  That's crazy!  We actually got our next trip first class between Sacramento and Barcelona for an amazing price via EZair.  It's hard paying that big of a difference to upgrade, but I have a fear that I would go crazy stuck in that close of quarters for 10+ hours.  

An Ambien soon after departure makes that 10 hours go quite easily for me.  Recline seat, adjust neck pillow, and I am good to go.  Sure I would like first class, but I can tolerate economy on the long haul for the cost savings.

45 minutes ago, BrandiGreg said:

An Ambien soon after departure makes that 10 hours go quite easily for me.  Recline seat, adjust neck pillow, and I am good to go.  Sure I would like first class, but I can tolerate economy on the long haul for the cost savings.

😀

4 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

How is it that everybody in the world seems to have access to Ambien except for us? I don't have anything of the sort. I have to make do with airline mini bottles during the flight. Those economy seats don't recline much and the legroom is made for much smaller people than me. Long flights kill my back but I just can't pay for upgraded seats.

This long flight is in conjunction with an overnight stay in Southampton, a 12 day Northern Lights cruise (expensive for a 12 day cruise), a flight from Southampton to Barcelona, 4 days in Barcelona, a 14 day TA from Barcelona to FLL, then a flight from FLL to Sacramento. It's already a pretty spendy trip so extra for upgraded airline seating is not an option.