Bliss Alaska Seattle Airport Hotel HELP

ddlb

I need help regarding a day in Seattle after our cruise as we are not flying out till the next day.

I am new to this whole thing so anyone who responds will be deeply appreciated.

We want to do as much as possible in Seattle for our one day visit.

Not sure exactly how to do this.

I think we could uber to a hotel after the ship docs.

Or we could pay to have NCL transfer us to the airport if we booked a hotel that offered free transportation from/to airport

And I'm hoping to find a hotel that has excursions offered that include pickup and return

So if you have spent the day in Seattle and booked a hotel and did excursions as mentioned I would appreciate your advice!

Thanks in advance - we are two elderly ladies if that makes a difference.

23 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I need help regarding a day in Seattle after our cruise as we are not flying out till the next day.

I am new to this whole thing so anyone who responds will be deeply appreciated.

We want to do as much as possible in Seattle for our one day visit.

Not sure exactly how to do this.

I think we could uber to a hotel after the ship docs.

Or we could pay to have NCL transfer us to the airport if we booked a hotel that offered free transportation from/to airport

And I'm hoping to find a hotel that has excursions offered that include pickup and return

So if you have spent the day in Seattle and booked a hotel and did excursions as mentioned I would appreciate your advice!

Thanks in advance - we are two elderly ladies if that makes a difference.

assuming you haven't been to Seattle before.  The pier is very near Pike Place Market (famous for fish throwing among im sure other things)  Will be crowded, but if you are right there, it is the thing to do.  There is also the space needle.  Pioneer Square has a whole underground tunnel system that Seattle was built on top of.  The Excursion offered by the cruise line will drop you and your luggage off at the airport, so your idea of booking a hotel that offers free airport rides MAY be a good one.  I am just not sure of all the logistics of trying to do that.  That will take some research on your part.  When we were there the last time, flew in on Sunday for Monday cruise departure, we did Pike Place, walked past the space needle, took in a baseball game (that is a GREAT ballpark). Basically tried to do everything we could figuring that was our only time there.  We had the transfer back to airport when we got back from cruise. Seattle has a great light rail system, so if you are also able to book a hotel close to a station, that will also help you get to as many places as you can.

We fly in Saturday morning for our Sunday departure this time around as well.  We will try and do the underground system, and maybe the Great Wheel - Ginormous Ferris Wheel on the waterfront.  Should be a great picture.  In-laws want to do dinner at Ivar's also on the waterfront, right next to the Ferry landing.

Hope this helps you.  Which sailing are you on?

Mrs Tocko - I believe we are on your cruise - May 12!  I tried to put my name on the spread sheet but it won't let me for the meet and greet.  I was using an iPad - do I need to download something - I clicked on the link.  I'll figure it out.  Thanks so much for the information I really appreciate it!  I need to catch up on the Roll Call for sure.

Oh fantastic!  Our roll call has been quiet. Much more active in other places..send me an email (mrstocko@gmail.com)and I will be sure you are all set...I’m getting lanyards made too. $2 each. I ordered today, but I got extras, so I can definitely put you down for 2 if you want.  Just let me know.

There are several nice hotels (we last stayed at a Holiday Inn and Suites) within a walking distance of the Space Needle and the Paul Allen Music experience and the Gulully Glass Museum (all are in the Seattle Center area) and also near Pike Place market.

The airport is several miles south of town and outside the area where tourists would like to go. There is an Enterprise car rental agency in the downtown area - you might want to consider a rental so you can visit things like Boeing in Everett and the Ballard Locks where sea water in the sound is kept separate from the fresh water of Lake Washington. Ballard is also the home to a couple of the boats from the Deadliest  Catch.

Downtown Seattle hotels are pretty pricey.  The Seattle Center area is a little less and a good location for sightseeing.  A cab from the pier to hotel will be about $20.  For sightseeing you can easily ride the monorail from the Seattle Center to Westlake Mall downtown .... they leave every 10 minutes, $2.50 one way for a 5 minute ride.  From Westlake you can walk 2 blocks to the Pike Place Market. 

The Market is overly packed by 11am, so i would suggest dropping your luggage at the hotel (your rooms probably won't be ready), then take the monorail downtown.  When you come back to the Seattle Center, be sure to visit the Chihuly exhibit. Incredible !

The fare from Seattle to the airport is fixed at $40.

The Seattle forum of tripadvisor.com is a good resource.

Edited by mapleleaves

I stay at the Best Western Executive on North Taylor near the Seattle Center.  It is a couple of blocks from the Seattle Center, the Space Needle and the Monorail.

There is an Argosy tour boat that takes through the Ballard Locks and past the houseboat that was featured in the Tom Hanks movie "Sleepless in Seattle". 

Thanks to all who responded to my post.  Such a wealth of information.

At present we booked the Holiday Inn Express for a decent price at the City Center.

We may try to walk from the pier to the hotel (hope it isn't uphill or rainy) when we disembark after our 6 a.m. arrival.  It shows it's only a mile.  Then drop off our luggage

Thinking of doing the duck thing after we do the Space Needle.

Thinking of taking the train back to the airport to save a few bucks when we leave the next day.

Really as excited about Seattle as we are Alaska!  THANKS TO ALL

On 3/16/2019 at 7:01 AM, RedRover96 said:

Airport is more like 10+ miles from the port area!  If you are staying in town and near the monorail it takes you directly to the airport.

The monorail does not go to the airport, it goes between downtown and the space needle. There is light rail to the airport but you pick that up near the stadiums.  

I would not not stay at the airport if seeing Seattle is the goal. Folks above have suggested great places.  Have fun!

3 minutes ago, RedRover96 said:

My mistake I believe it's called Link Light Rail that runs from airport to Seattle downtown not the monorail. 

Correct!  Normally I would not jump in, but imagine the OP trying to drag their luggage on the monorail.  

I suggest looking into the Edgewater Inn, it is right next to the cruise terminal and an easy 3/5 min walk.  The Seattle Airport (SEATAC) is a good forty-five min drive from the cruise terminal.  If you take a shuttle to the airport and then a shuttle to your hotel and then an Uber or Taxi back to downtown you have probably eaten up three or four hours.  Pike Place Market and the Seattle Waterfront including the Wheel are all an easy safe walk from the Edgewater.  The Space Needle is a short $8 Uber ride from the Edgewater.  Seattle has a huge homeless/drug problem and it is NOT safe to walk around downtown in the evening.   I suggest dinner at Ivar's on the Seattle Waterfront for dinner and then a easy short walk back to the Edgewater.  Uber back to the airport the next day.  I can not stress enough that you do not want to be wondering around Seattle.  This is photo was taken on our way to watch a baseball game.  

54524005_1800718083361842_1278792633681969152_n.jpg

10 hours ago, ddlb said:

At present we booked the Holiday Inn Express for a decent price at the City Center.

We may try to walk from the pier to the hotel (hope it isn't uphill or rainy) when we disembark after our 6 a.m.

arrival.  It shows it's only a mile.  Then drop off our luggage

It is very much uphill.  Seattle is a very hilly city.  Take a cab... it will be $20 well spent.

Thinking of doing the duck thing after we do the Space Needle.

The Duck is a nice way to get an overview of Seattle.

Thinking of taking the train back to the airport to save a few bucks when we leave the next day.

To do this you would take the monorail from the Seattle Center back downtown to  Westlake, then in Westlake you connect with the Light Rail.  Its about $3 for the 40 minute ride.