Removing self-serve laundry rooms on Veendam?

Grover_

Is it true that the self-serve laundry rooms are going to be removed during Veendam’s upcoming April dry dock?

I am going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Veendam in June and I was going to pack enough clothes for half of the days and do laundry on board.  If I understand correctly, my other options would be unlimited laundry ($9/day or $108 for 12 days) or a single bag ($30).  Is this correct?

1 hour ago, Grover_ said:

Is it true that the self-serve laundry rooms are going to be removed during Veendam’s upcoming April dry dock?

I am going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Veendam in June and I was going to pack enough clothes for half of the days and do laundry on board.  If I understand correctly, my other options would be unlimited laundry ($9/day or $108 for 12 days) or a single bag ($30).  Is this correct?

Not sure about removing the laundry rooms but your ship;s laundry pricing is correct,  It is a real bargain and you won't be spending vacation time doing laundry.  Pack for three days and use the laundry service. 

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Not sure about removing the laundry rooms but your ship;s laundry pricing is correct,  It is a real bargain and you won't be spending vacation time doing laundry.  Pack for three days and use the laundry service. 

I'm going on Amsterdam in July for 14 days, which still has self service laundry.  Even though we are only 2 doors away from the laundry room I have purchased the unlimitedlaundry package.  For $7/day I will GLADLY pay someone else to do laundry so I can spend more time enjoying the sights of Alaska!!!!!  I do enough laundry at home - I LOVE that HAL offer this little luxury!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Call 6 times and you'll get 6 different answers ......  Seattle probably can't give you a "definitive" answer even AFTER the ship comes out of dry-dock....

And then you might still want to post here and ask someone who has been on after dry dock.😉

You run the risk of an agent looking at non-updated deck plans and answering based on that.

• Like 1

Sign up for unlimited laundry the first day of your cruise. Then, if a piece of clothing touches your skin, throw it in the bag.  The best deal around if you ask me.  Just off the Koningsdam, and we got our laundry back the same day. Had it on the bed in the am , and got it back at night. 

14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Call 6 times and you'll get 6 different answers ......  Seattle probably can't give you a "definitive" answer even AFTER the ship comes out of dry-dock....

Hmmm...  not too far from my actual experiences calling 😃.

5 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Sounds like everyone loves the unlimited laundry service.  I’m thinking that’s what I will do.  Is there any discount if you purchase online before the cruise vs buying it on the ship?

At one time, yes, for European cruises.  I don't know if it still is.  I would call HAL and see what price they quote you.  We DID get a discount by purchasing before the cruise but that was a few years ago.  I watched to be sure they didn't charge me the difference once on board, but there was no problem.

• 1 month later...

I checked the deck plans. Assuming that they have been updated since dry dock, it looks like they kept the launderette on Deck 6 (our deck) but I do not see a launderette anywhere else. I think that using the ship's laundry service is still the best bet.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree