Celebrity I lounge pricing Summit

wingnut2005

Would anyone happen to know what the least amount of time you can purchase in the I lounge would be and price,  as we are flying Southwest and would like to check in at our 24hr window  on flights home so we do not end up with a C seating as we would like to try to keep family sitting together if possible. Trying to determine which would be less in price  getting early check in with Southwest at $20 pp or buying 10 min or smallest time of internet  on ship. Thank you for any replies

I cannot answer your question but here are 2 suggestions.   

Pay for early bird seating for just 2 people.   They can get the A passes (hopefully) and save the other seats.  Would eliminate your need to worry about checking in early.

Or see if the concierge can check you in for your flight.   Or,  If you use luggage valet they automatically check you in about 24 hours ahead of time.  (although I don't know if you can use it for Canadian flights)

4 hours ago, micheleata said:

Pay for early bird seating for just 2 people.   They can get the A passes (hopefully) and save the other seats.  Would eliminate your need to worry about checking in early.

Or see if the concierge can check you in for your flight.   Or,  If you use luggage valet they automatically check you in about 24 hours ahead of time.  (although I don't know if you can use it for Canadian flights)

We tried the seat saving thing last fall and it didn't work. Somebody wanted the saved seats and complained to the flight attendant and we had to give them up. A pretty quiet flight.

Flew from FLL after our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas this past Jan.  Friends of ours had paid for the early bird seating, and they were still assigned B boarding.  I did check in SW 24 hours prior to flying and we were assigned B too and only about 10 positions back from our friends.  Did not cost us anything for internet, as we are diamond on RCL and get 24 hours free.

Edited by LadyBerard
typo

4 hours ago, micheleata said:

Savings seats on Southwest is a really low class thing to do.   Frankly, I'm not hesitant to tell people that on board.  If you don't want C group, buy early boarding.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, quack2 said:

Savings seats on Southwest is a really low class thing to do.   Frankly, I'm not hesitant to tell people that on board.  If you don't want C group, buy early boarding.

Sticks and stones....whatever.   You can still get a C group if you buy early boarding,  it happened to us years ago on a flight home from Vegas.    Everyone on the plane must have bought it,  because so many people were mad that they paid and got group C.  Two of us got A's and we just saved 2 seats for the other two that paid and received C's.  

11 minutes ago, micheleata said:

Sticks and stones....whatever.   You can still get a C group if you buy early boarding,  it happened to us years ago on a flight home from Vegas.    Everyone on the plane must have bought it,  because so many people were mad that they paid and got group C.  Two of us got A's and we just saved 2 seats for the other two that paid and received C's.  

Do what just about everyone does, get a wheelchair and get on board first.  You will find that by the time the flight is over most of the wheelchair people are miraculously healed as they got running up the jetway.  Really funny to see

1 hour ago, quack2 said:

Agree...we  repeatedly see 1 person pay for EB and try to save multiple seats .

We now report it immediately as sometimes over 20 seats are attempted to be saved   Policy clearly states No saving,  and if staff does not enforce they can ve reprimanded.  Pls don't put them in this position.

Buy EB for all who beed it..That's what we do...and we print boarding passes asap as well.

38 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Do what just about everyone does, get a wheelchair and get on board first.  You will find that by the time the flight is over most of the wheelchair people are miraculously healed as they got running up the jetway.  Really funny to see

That too!

54 minutes ago, micheleata said:

Disgusting.   Are you just better than everyone else? 

So funny to make fun of the handicapped. Most flights I have been on have 2 or 3 handicapped passengers. The same handicapped passengers are there after everyone else has deplaned. Most of the time SWA has wheelchairs at the gate, but not always. Sometimes they have to wait long after even the crew has deplaned.

1 minute ago, acesneights99 said:

So funny to make fun of the handicapped. Most flights I have been on have 2 or 3 handicapped passengers. The same handicapped passengers are there after everyone else has deplaned. Most of the time SWA has wheelchairs at the gate, but not always. Sometimes they have to wait long after even the crew has deplaned.

Nobody is making fun of the handicapped, I was making fun of the phony handicapped which is a common occurrence on Southwest due to their seating policies. Check google you will see multiple stories about this. By the way, I have handicaps myself

For an airline that operates close to 2 million flights a year, it is inevitable that some abuses occur.

You are also ignoring "invisible" disabilities such as stroke survivors who can't cope with the chaos that the Southwest boarding process becomes.

There are also passengers whose disability consists of just moving slowly and not being able to stand for more than a few minutes

The disability process is not the least bit flexible. You are either treated as handicapped or not. I have found that trying to help where I can just fouls things up. The only real options are can you walk through the metal detector and can you walk down the aisles to your seat.

Luggage Valet will not get you checked in at the 24hr mark.  But even if you have luggage valet you can check yourself in and when you get your boarding passes from LV they will have the boarding position from your checkin.   That said, last cruise I did from San Juan I was on at the exact 24 hr mark and got around B30.  I think many cruisers are doing Early Bird now.   And about saving seat, if I want an exit row and someone is saving I will just ask the flight attendant.  Saving seats on SW is just not right, it's first come first served by boarding number.

12 hours ago, acesneights99 said:

For an airline that operates close to 2 million flights a year, it is inevitable that some abuses occur.

You are also ignoring "invisible" disabilities such as stroke survivors who can't cope with the chaos that the Southwest boarding process becomes.

There are also passengers whose disability consists of just moving slowly and not being able to stand for more than a few minutes

The disability process is not the least bit flexible. You are either treated as handicapped or not. I have found that trying to help where I can just fouls things up. The only real options are can you walk through the metal detector and can you walk down the aisles to your seat.

I am not ignoring invisible disabilities or stroke survivors, was an EMT instructor for many years.  Fact is that there is the reality of people who get on the plane with so called disabilities and are miraculously cured during the flight as they run up the jetway.  The whole process on SW is like a cattle call, I avoid them as much as possible.   Our last flight with them besides the dozen wheelchairs, there was a woman who laid on the floor in FLL with a back injury.  Her goal was to get an entire row of seats if the flight wasn't full, she actually had an injury but was really trying to exploit her condition.  Flight was full.   At the end she was in pretty good shape. 

Edited by dkjretired

With the disappearance of shame from our society and defining deviance down, this kind of behavior is the unfortunate result.

When I see this happen, I always think karma's a *****. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

The problem with avoiding SWA is we have the companion pass, so one of us flies free and the free baggage allowance saves us $60-$120 per flight. 

Take 3 trips on SW or 1 on the Big Three, no contest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill answer my own question seeing no one else could as every answer I received was on how to beat the system. We just returned home from  the March 30 cruise which we had a wonderful time on. The last day before disembarkation Summit offered a 20 min. internet package for $10 which allowed us to book our flight 24hrs before departure and we were able to get B for first leg A for second leg so by doing this we saved $70 over doing the Southwest early boarding and the family all sat together.Hope this information helps others flying Southwest.