OBC for gratuities

fastnloose

1 minute ago, ozark74 said:

If you add a tip for your stateroom attendant or butler it goes to them. If you add a tip for anyone else it goes into the pot

and is shared by everyone. We learn this on our last cruise.

How do I do this with OBC ,  do I arrange with guest services ? I would like it to   go to butler and stateroom attendant

If you want to give the butler and cabin attendant a gratuity above the daily amount there is a form at Guest Relations that you can fill out. The MC concierge should have them also. As ozark74 said the butler and cabin attendant will get the amount you specify. Anything for dining staff will be split among the staff, Luminae in your case.

41 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If you want to give the butler and cabin attendant a gratuity above the daily amount there is a form at Guest Relations that you can fill out. The MC concierge should have them also. As ozark74 said the butler and cabin attendant will get the amount you specify. Anything for dining staff will be split among the staff, Luminae in your case.

Thanks very much for your help.

That is how we are going to use our OBC. For the room with 2 people, we purchased a one device internet package and the remaining amount would be just below the gratuities for 7 days. For the room with 4, we leave the whole amount of $350 untouched for gratuities. At the end, we need to pay around $130 more gratuities for all 6 of us. So now we don't worry to have any OBC unused by the end of the cruise.

11 hours ago, fastnloose said:

Can I use my OBC or part of it, for gratuities?  Many thanks

Not sure if you are asking to use your OBC for the standard auto gratuities of for the auto plus additional tips.

Since the auto gratuities get charged to your account each day, they will go against your non-refundable OBC automatically. If you have more OBC than the standard auto gratuities, then you can use the excess OBC for additional gratuities as previously stated in another post.

9 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Not sure if you are asking to use your OBC for the standard auto gratuities of for the auto plus additional tips.

Since the auto gratuities get charged to your account each day, they will go against your non-refundable OBC automatically. If you have more OBC than the standard auto gratuities, then you can use the excess OBC for additional gratuities as previously stated in another post.

Thanks, perhaps I didnt phrase it very well,but  thats what I meant

12 minutes ago, CardRock said:

I read that most of the wait-staff and room stewards only get room and board.  The rest of their pay is tips only...Is this right? 

Pretty much; they receive a tiny amount of pay from the cruise line (last I heard was $50/month) but the vast majority is from the daily service charge (gratuities) and extra tips. I believe they are guaranteed a certain minimum amount - i.e. if many people on the ship stiff them and remove the service charge and don’t tip, the cruise line pays the difference between the grats/tips they did receive and the minimum amount guaranteed. Generally though the vast majority comes from the service charge and tips. 

21 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

Pretty much; they receive a tiny amount of pay from the cruise line (last I heard was $50/month) but the vast majority is from the daily service charge (gratuities) and extra tips. I believe they are guaranteed a certain minimum amount - i.e. if many people on the ship stiff them and remove the service charge and don’t tip, the cruise line pays the difference between the grats/tips they did receive and the minimum amount guaranteed. Generally though the vast majority comes from the service charge and tips. 

Wow - We got pre-paid tips as a perk, but I will definitely tip extra...and early. 

In India, for example, the average daily pay is between 4 and 7 dollars a day.

Don't demean people from the developing world by belittling their pay.  Why do these threads come up all the time here?