Kids Sail Free

7 hours ago, Getting out there said:

I don't even see this sale on their website. It's 25% off 2nd person. I had written a few cruises down to see if there would be a deal and they all went way up in price.

On the website you have to input the additional kids + ages to your search to see the KSF.  

1 hour ago, A2Mich said:

RCI website shows that 5/3/20 is included in KSF.  I just sent an email to my TA to see if ours can be repriced under KSF.

Hopefully there shouldn't be....so easy for me when I called...took just a few minutes to do and the rep sent me the new confirmations. Best of luck !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rimmit said:

People who says KSF is smoke and mirrors do not have kids, or are just on a  high demand sailing.  While some select few may not benefit, in my history of KSF I have saved thousands of dollars, and I watch the prices like a hawk. It is one of the only true sales.  While prices may go up for people who don’t have kids during this time,  if you have kids it is a godsendS

for me the price is still a little over what I originally booked and I am traveling with 1 kid. 

42 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

for me the price is still a little over what I originally booked and I am traveling with 1 kid. 

We have two kids so that may make a difference,  and i have always priced it out for two,  so I do not have much experience with one.   If you booked the cruise several months ago though,  cruise prices tend to rise slowly as the ship gets full so that could maybe account for the difference if the booking was made a significant time in the past.  What sailing was it just out of curiousity.  We primarily do 9 day cruises or longer and that may make a difference as well.

1 minute ago, rimmit said:

We have two kids so that may make a difference,  and i have always priced it out for two,  so I do not have much experience with one.   If you booked the cruise several months ago though,  cruise prices tend to rise slowly as the ship gets full so that could maybe account for the difference if the booking was made a significant time in the past.  What sailing was it just out of curiousity.  We primarily do 9 day cruises or longer and that may make a difference as well.

It is the allure of the seas sailing January 19, 2020. Jr Suite. When I booked it was 4,255 with 200 onboard credit. Right now is around 4,134

On 3/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, Iamcruzin said:

I believe it does save them money but not as much as is implied. When my kids where under 12, I don't remember any of the cruise lines offering kid's sail free. The internet was fairly new at least to us so there wasn't so much comparing price. The cruise lines did charge less for the 3rd and 4th passengers which I think in the end is what the kid's sail free amounts to.  There were times that it was actually less expensive to book two rooms than to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th passenger discount. 

We booked under KSF for our cruise leaving this Sunday. It saved us over a grand from an oceanview room on a Carnival ship. We are on the Allure! I think it is really the only true sale anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deseo1578 said:

I booked in early January 2019 for a cruise in May 2020....my savings with the KSF was amazing. Sailing with 6 adults and 4 kid's in 3 JS's.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:17 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The next Kids Sail Free starts April 1.

Free sailings extend until May, 2020

Typical blackout dates apply.  Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents week, March break and Easter.

Prices will go up as it will revert back to 50% off the second guest as opposed to 30% off first 2.  Guests 3 and 4 will now be 25% off if they are over 12.

FF6F9D60-74E7-4DB1-9109-65A6DD271CF8.png

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:17 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The next Kids Sail Free starts April 1.

Free sailings extend until May, 2020

Typical blackout dates apply.  Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents week, March break and Easter.

Prices will go up as it will revert back to 50% off the second guest as opposed to 30% off first 2.  Guests 3 and 4 will now be 25% off if they are over 12.

FF6F9D60-74E7-4DB1-9109-65A6DD271CF8.png

Darn CruiseCritic timed out and will not let me delete my previous posting...

Thanks Ken for posting.  I was anxiously awaiting this sale to hopefully take advantage of it FINALLY.  Last year our Ontario March break week qualified for the KSF but prices had gone up so much since my original booking, that it was cheaper with my original rate than it was to take advantage of the KSF promo.  I was hoping to take advantage of this promo for 2020.

Well, once again, RCCL screwed me like normal and exempted the week we will be cruising (our March Break week - as an educator, that is the only week we can travel before others say just go another week).  Figures...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I booked in early January 2019 for a cruise in May 2020....my savings with the KSF was amazing. Sailing with 6 adults and 4 kid's in 3 JS's.

Im still waiting to hear back from my TA.  Also hoping that applying our future cruise credit won’t be an issue.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:27 PM, chache1982 said:

Well, I just priced out a cruise for 4 with 2 kids both being under 12....$4200...we'll see what it is tommorow for the same one.....fingers crossed!

Update: Just booked our newest cruise.... We paid $3350....we saved over $800 with kids sail free compared to the $4200 we were quoted last week

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 9:33 AM, Canadianmama3 said:

Anyone know if I lose the OBC from my vegas rewards if I re-book under a promotion like this? 

We were able to keep our NextCruise and MyVegas OBC when we repriced using the Kids Sail Free promo.

So today , price went lower on the website to what I booked originally, around 90 dollars less. I happily call and they keep me fighting that price is higher. According to them they dont see the same pricing I see. Was told to send screenshots. Just did but getting mad and frustraded. ! Anyone had this issue before?

2 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

So today , price went lower on the website to what I booked originally, around 90 dollars less. I happily call and they keep me fighting that price is higher. According to them they dont see the same pricing I see. Was told to send screenshots. Just did but getting mad and frustraded. ! Anyone had this issue before?

I've had that multiple times. It's frustrating.

The last two times I had to remind the agent to plug in my crown & anchor number.  You would think they would know this rather than me having to tell them. Not sure if that is your issue but if you are platinum or higher, make sure they include it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I've had that multiple times. It's frustrating.

The last two times I had to remind the agent to plug in my crown & anchor number.  You would think they would know this rather than me having to tell them. Not sure if that is your issue but if you are platinum or higher, make sure they include it.

So , I called , and 3rd time is the charm!

Now my question is this.  When I booked I had a 200 onboard credit offer. New offer does not have 200 onboard credit.

I already spent the 200 onboard credit buying a tour. I still see the tour booked, the person changed the pricing to new pricing. What happens to the 200 onboard credit? do they now charge the difference of the tour to my credit card? Or do I need to re-book (as I still see this booked)

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

Now my question is this.  When I booked I had a 200 onboard credit offer. New offer does not have 200 onboard credit.

I already spent the 200 onboard credit buying a tour. I still see the tour booked, the person changed the pricing to new pricing. What happens to the 200 onboard credit? do they now charge the difference of the tour to my credit card? Or do I need to re-book (as I still see this booked)

Thanks 

it is possible you will loose the OBC.i t seems to me that the reps rarely take OBC into account when making the adjustments.

I had to fight them to reprice a cruise one time because even though the fare was going up $25 dollars the OBC was increasing by $200.00.

they could not comprehend why I would wan to pay the $25 dollar increase.

2 minutes ago, proggieus said:

it is possible you will loose the OBC.i t seems to me that the reps rarely take OBC into account when making the adjustments.

I had to fight them to reprice a cruise one time because even though the fare was going up $25 dollars the OBC was increasing by $200.00.

they could not comprehend why I would wan to pay the $25 dollar increase.

Which I understand, as this promotion did not included Onboard credit I was ready to loose the 200, as it was still a better deal, but not sure how I know if I lost it, as this has been spent already and I can still see the tour as paid in full. 

10 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

Thanks 

Glad you were finally able to get your price adjusted.  It's scary how much some of the Royal agents don't know.

For OBC already used we had the same thing happen. Price #1 included OBC which we spent.  

Then had a price drop where net overall price was cheaper so we got price drop.

It took some time, but Royal "figured it out" and then notified us that we owed them money.  I'm trying to remember if we got an email or if the payment that we owed popped up when I signed in to the cruise planner .  Here is a post I had created at the time inquiring the same.

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Glad you were finally able to get your price adjusted.  It's scary how much some of the Royal agents don't know.

For OBC already used we had the same thing happen. Price #1 included OBC which we spent.  

Then had a price drop where net overall price was cheaper so we got price drop.

It took some time, but Royal "figured it out" and then notified us that we owed them money.  I'm trying to remember if we got an email or if the payment that we owed popped up when I signed in to the cruise planner .  Here is a post I had created at the time inquiring the same.

thank you! super helpful

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Very happy with my saving with the KSF ($1110.00) but why did I seem to lose my BOGO60NRD from my original booking made in January 2019 ???

If you book under a new promotion you lose the old promotion. It’s always been that way.

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

Thanks 

You need to check your cruise planner.  You have 7 days to pay for any purchases made and then you lost the OBC.  If you don’t pay for them in full they will be cancelled.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book under a new promotion you lose the old promotion. It’s always been that way.

Thank you so much....you're always so helpful.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:36 PM, A2Mich said:

Im still waiting to hear back from my TA.  Also hoping that applying our future cruise credit won’t be an issue.

KSF didn’t benefit us this time.  Found that one cabin had opened up in our sold out category, and pricing had gone up $1000 for it, and we would have lost the $175 OBC we currently have.  After repricing, or cost would have increased by about $100 after accounting for the OBC loss.

Guess that’s the downside of booking the family cabins...

Edited by A2Mich