Kids Sail Free

On 3/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, Host Clarea said:

This seems to be the only RC "sale" that actually saves people money.

I believe it does save them money but not as much as is implied. When my kids where under 12, I don't remember any of the cruise lines offering kid's sail free. The internet was fairly new at least to us so there wasn't so much comparing price. The cruise lines did charge less for the 3rd and 4th passengers which I think in the end is what the kid's sail free amounts to.  There were times that it was actually less expensive to book two rooms than to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th passenger discount. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

33 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I believe it does save them money but not as much as is implied. When my kids where under 12, I don't remember any of the cruise lines offering kid's sail free. The internet was fairly new at least to us so there wasn't so much comparing price. The cruise lines did charge less for the 3rd and 4th passengers which I think in the end is what the kid's sail free amounts to.  There were times that it was actually less expensive to book two rooms than to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th passenger discount. 

Booked clients on the Anthem in November on KSF for $2300.  One week later when KSF ended the same cabin was $3800.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Booked clients on the Anthem in November on KSF for $2300.  One week later when KSF ended the same cabin was $3800.

I booked a cruise for the two of us adults. A week later the price went up and continued to go up since I booked. They all had the 50% off second guest sale. As the ship sells out the price goes up. I would imagine that the ship fills up fast with KSF offer.  Did the $3800 include the KSF or was that the price without KSF.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I booked a cruise for the two of us adults. A week later the price went up and continued to go up since I booked. They all had the 50% off second guest sale. As the ship sells out the price goes up. I would imagine that the ship fills up fast with KSF offer.  Did the $3800 include the KSF or was that the price without KSF.

It was the price one week later just after the ksf ended. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling it will be blacked out.  But I have my fingers crossed our March 16th sailing will qualify.  I got a great deal on KSF on our cruise last March, but I don’t think I will be so lucky this time.  

Anyone know if I lose the OBC from my vegas rewards if I re-book under a promotion like this? 

1 hour ago, Canadianmama3 said:

I have a feeling it will be blacked out.  But I have my fingers crossed our March 16th sailing will qualify.  I got a great deal on KSF on our cruise last March, but I don’t think I will be so lucky this time.  

Anyone know if I lose the OBC from my vegas rewards if I re-book under a promotion like this? 

March 16 is blacked out.

Just saved $800+ on my Harmony Jan 2020 sailing.

Still no OBC though - last 2 years that I have booked with KSF deals we got at least $100 or so (Balcony cabin) - maybe in the summer KSF promo (fingers crossed)?!?!

On 3/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, Host Clarea said:

This seems to be the only RC "sale" that actually saves people money.

I was excited for this sale thinking maybe one of our booked cruises would go down in price but no, they both went up!  Granted we aren't sailing with children but still...I had hope🤷‍♀️

On 3/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, NateUpNorth said:

I used to think this also, but to be fair to RCL there ARE occasions where the math does indeed show that Kids will sail for "free". (Port fees, grats not included)

You do however need to calculate the pre-sale price,  continue to price and re-price during the sale to ensure that what you are talking about is not happening, because it does.

I agree with you. Friends of ours had booked a cabin that included the kids before the sail started and when the sale started a simple phone call was all it took for the kids fares to be taken off except as noted above the taxes/port fees.

The price for the adults did not change.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 9:43 AM, Ashland said:

I think my May 3rd will be included.

RCI website shows that 5/3/20 is included in KSF.  I just sent an email to my TA to see if ours can be repriced under KSF.

Edited by A2Mich

People who says KSF is smoke and mirrors do not have kids, or are just on a  high demand sailing.  While some select few may not benefit, in my history of KSF I have saved thousands of dollars, and I watch the prices like a hawk. It is one of the only true sales.  While prices may go up for people who don’t have kids during this time,  if you have kids it is a godsendS

• Like 1