WE WILL ROCK YOU - NO LATER EVENING SHOWS ON JUNE 6, 2019 ANTHEM CRUISE

Yesterday I went on the RC site to book the three shows for our June 6, 2019 cruise on the ANTHEM OF THE SEAS ... THE GIFT, SPECTRA'S CABARET and WE WILL ROCK YOU.  I was really surprised to see that WWRY has NO later time (8:00 or thereafter) for a performance.  The two nighttime shows are each at 6:30 pm on June 12th and June 13th and an afternoon performance at 2:30 pm on June 13th.  This makes it really impossible for early diners at 5:30 to make the show in the evening and later diners late for their 8:00 dinner reservation.  

We recently did 48 days (5 btb cruises) on the ANTHEM from 1/26-3/15/19 and  there was always one night the show was performed at 8:00 pm on all five cruises.  We thought this time schedule might have been a typographical error and spent a lot of time talking to three different individuals on RC who all said that this was the correct new time.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  We were told to voice our complaint at ROYALGUESTRELATIONS@RCCL.COM.  

12 hours ago, Love Cruises said:

Yesterday I went on the RC site to book the three shows for our June 6, 2019 cruise on the ANTHEM OF THE SEAS ... THE GIFT, SPECTRA'S CABARET and WE WILL ROCK YOU.  I was really surprised to see that WWRY has NO later time (8:00 or thereafter) for a performance.  The two nighttime shows are each at 6:30 pm on June 12th and June 13th and an afternoon performance at 2:30 pm on June 13th.  This makes it really impossible for early diners at 5:30 to make the show in the evening and later diners late for their 8:00 dinner reservation.  

We recently did 48 days (5 btb cruises) on the ANTHEM from 1/26-3/15/19 and  there was always one night the show was performed at 8:00 pm on all five cruises.  We thought this time schedule might have been a typographical error and spent a lot of time talking to three different individuals on RC who all said that this was the correct new time.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  We were told to voice our complaint at ROYALGUESTRELATIONS@RCCL.COM.  

Nick Weir is the Sr VP of Entertainment for Royal.....you need to reach out to him.  His email address may be nweir@rccl.com, if he follows the same format as other senior executives at Royal.  

I agree, the shows may already be booked.  I booked our May cruise late for us in February.  When I went to book our shows, I had to pick times that were not ideal, and originally the comedy show was fully booked.  However as a lark a few weeks later, I went into the planner and there was space available for the last night of the cruise.

I don't believe it is because the shows are booked....I am sailing on May 9th and booked the shows the day they opened up online, and only had the choice of 2:30 or 6:30!  We have Anytime dining, so that night we will either eat a late dinner or grab something early somewhere else and have a snack after the show.  I think we will probably do the latter....just make sure you are booking it on a night that isn't formal night- unless it doesn't matter to you!  I also find this to be odd and I am told that the show is 2 hours long, so it will not end until 8:30- kind of late to eat a full dinner then!

3 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

I don't believe it is because the shows are booked....I am sailing on May 9th and booked the shows the day they opened up online, and only had the choice of 2:30 or 6:30!  We have Anytime dining, so that night we will either eat a late dinner or grab something early somewhere else and have a snack after the show.  I think we will probably do the latter....just make sure you are booking it on a night that isn't formal night- unless it doesn't matter to you!  I also find this to be odd and I am told that the show is 2 hours long, so it will not end until 8:30- kind of late to eat a full dinner then!

Same with the 20th of April sailing..  Only two shows, 2:30 and 6:30 immediately after entertainment was available to book on their site... At first I felt like the OP, but then I realized I'm on a cruise and we'll manage :-)  Early dinner, then show, then adult Drinky Poo's until whenever!

Edited by ScottVV

2 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

Same with the 20th of April sailing..  Only two shows, 2:30 and 6:30 immediately after entertainment was available to book on their site... At first I felt like the OP, but then I realized I'm on a cruise and we'll manage :-)  Early dinner, then show, then adult Drinky Poo's until whenever!

Yep...my thoughts exactly! 

• Like 1

I am on the same cruise as the OP. I have been checking the planner since last April when we booked. They didn’t open reservations until the 90 day mark or maybe just before. My son who was on Anthem 2 yrs ago told me that the shows were the same time. We booked the 6:30 show and made late reservations for MTD. We will just grab a snack before the show.

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I am on the same cruise as the OP. I have been checking the planner since last April when we booked. They didn’t open reservations until the 90 day mark or maybe just before. My son who was on Anthem 2 yrs ago told me that the shows were the same time. We booked the 6:30 show and made late reservations for MTD. We will just grab a snack before the show.

That's what we always do. 

• Like 1