Confusing New Princess Website

cruzsnooze

Yesterday and today when I went to princess' web site there is a new layout. It is hard to follow because you can't see prices for all the dates on a selected cruise but must browse one date at a time. The whole layout is more difficult to see what you're looking for. Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

I just logged on and didn't notice any change in the 'plan a cruise' section.  I looked at Alaska in June and July 2019.  It brought back 8 itineraries and to get the price for a specific date you had to click on it just like in the past.

11 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm using the same laptop as always and it's chrome.

I am on the site a few times a day. Just logged in now........

I am not sure if I have the new layout you are talking about or the same old one.

It looks the same as it always has.

Nothing looks new to me.

• Haha 1

Occasionally I would log into the new web site (horrible), other times the original site (arguably the best in the business) would pop up.

What I did and it worked, when you get the old website, burn a new bookmark with the original up and you will always go to the old site through the this new bookmark.

17 minutes ago, atchisog said:

Occasionally I would log into the new web site (horrible), other times the original site (arguably the best in the business) would pop up.

What I did and it worked, when you get the old website, burn a new bookmark with the original up and you will always go to the old site through the this new bookmark.

Yes, it is horrid when the new web site comes up. I will do exactly as you suggest and rebookmark when the old site pops up.  Thanks for the work around.

I wonder why only some of us are getting this horrid new web site and others are not.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Do not use a bookmark. Go to www.princess.com log in and you should see a normal looking website. 

Links get updated periodically and bookmarks may sometimes become invalidated or depreciated. The only way to know for sure that you are downloading a current page is to use the root url address. 

Lastly to ensue you are not looking at an old cached page hold down the Ctrl key on your PC or Cmd key on Mac while refreshing the web page. This will ensure you download the most current iteration of the page you request.  

9 hours ago, masterty said:

Do not use a bookmark. Go to www.princess.com log in and you should see a normal looking website. 

Links get updated periodically and bookmarks may sometimes become invalidated or depreciated. The only way to know for sure that you are downloading a current page is to use the root url address. 

Lastly to ensue you are not looking at an old cached page hold down the Ctrl key on your PC or Cmd key on Mac while refreshing the web page. This will ensure you download the most current iteration of the page you request.  

I put the URL in as you stated and it comes up automatically with PrincesscruisesLTDUS/Princesscruises.com.  The first part with the US is different.

Edited by cruzsnooze

25 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I put the URL in as you stated and it comes up automatically with PrincesscruisesLTDUS/Princesscruises.com.  The first part with the US is different.

I'm still having no problem with www.princess.com but I tried the www.princesscruises.com and got this message:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.princesscruises.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

When I tried www.princessltdus.com I received this message with findings all directing me to www.princess.com:

Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available. We performed a web search for “Princess Cruises Ltd US” and here's what we found.

When I google princess cruises, all the results are the www.princess.com website.

Edited by capriccio

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Hmmmm.....................I wonder what's going on.  

Well, www.princesscruises.com is the wrong web site and that is why the message probably popped up.  The website is www.princess.com  I have been going on the site daily checking out prices on my reserved cruises and I have never had a new site come up for me.  The same one for the last year or so at least.  Interesting...........

Pooh

I am seeing the new website layout on my home computer (an old Mac running Safari), but the "good" website shows up on my work computer (PC running Chrome) and on my iPad.  It is frustrating because I usually use my home computer and I find that the new website layout is not user friendly.

38 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I am seeing the new website layout on my home computer (an old Mac running Safari), but the "good" website shows up on my work computer (PC running Chrome) and on my iPad.  It is frustrating because I usually use my home computer and I find that the new website layout is not user friendly.

It is horrible isn't it.  You can't see all the dates with prices, you need to click on each individual date and with some cruises like Mexico that is 15-20 dates to open individually. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't for the better.

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

It is horrible isn't it.  You can't see all the dates with prices, you need to click on each individual date and with some cruises like Mexico that is 15-20 dates to open individually. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't for the better.

Do you see this on your browser?  Click the view all dates and pricing

image.png.a95a5eaa457aab1e00c40ca8c9b1ef70.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

this is what the new site looks like when you  begin a search.

2058991412_ScreenShot2019-04-02at7_07_53PM.thumb.png.92c676dfde921b278bb55880ea3e498a.png

I saw the layout above starting several weeks ago, but now see the one above. Using same browser, but I do search through google each time to get the link as it is faster for me than finding the saved URL.

I've been off and on Princess all day, booking a Baltic plus Transatlantic for 2020 on the new Sky, haven't had any issues.  However, my travel agent has had problems today.  I haven't seen anything new, been on the website at least 8 times, looks the same as always to me.  I had the drop down menus come up.

3 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

this is what the new site looks like when you  begin a search.

2058991412_ScreenShot2019-04-02at7_07_53PM.thumb.png.92c676dfde921b278bb55880ea3e498a.png

Thank you for posting this. I could'nt figure out how to do it to explain what I was seeing.

Now you click on one of the destination boxes and then have to click on each indiviual date whereas before you could see several dates and prices. It's not user friendly like the old site which apparently is getting updated.