I screwed up- RCI CS fixed it for me.

No charge, thank you very much.   Booked a 4/21 TP on the Serenade yesterday, and while exploring the website today, noticed that the Radiance TP a day earlier was only 2 days shorter, but saved us more than $1000.   Also I could get the deck 9 corner aft balcony I have been lusting after.   Called CS today and made the switch with no problems and no loss of deposit even though we booked with NRD.   Not sure if being within 24 hours of booking played a part, but at any rate I am very pleased with the service.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I thought the 24-hour rule only applied to NRD bookings made on board, but it looks like it might apply to all NRD bookings. 

Thanks for the report.

Correct. It applies to reservations made on Royals website as well as over the phone.

Not sure if it's a law but it's kinda the same as being able to cancel a flight within 24 hours of making the reservation (which is a law).

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

When I booked my NRD cruise, my TA told me I could change it within 24 hours with no penalty.  

My TA told me I had up to 24 hours to put down the deposit after he booked the reservation, so that now makes sense with being able to change the booking 

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I thought the 24-hour rule only applied to NRD bookings made on board, but it looks like it might apply to all NRD bookings. 

Thanks for the report.

Bob, don’t book on board NRD’s have a 30 day period in which they can be changed without penalty?

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, don’t book on board NRD’s have a 30 day period in which they can be changed without penalty?

You guys are right, thanks for setting me straight.  I knew there was a difference when an NRD was booked on board, but had the details wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

RCL does (or did) have a 24 hour courtesy time period to cancel any reservations.  

Yes, still do. They used to call it a "courtesy hold" button on their website Can't remember if you had to put in credit card info or not but I seem to think that when you flipped the "courtesy hold" to a real reservation, you had to confirm credit card info.

The button is no longer their and instead, there is a footnote buried deep within website that states you can cancel without penalty within 24 hours.

Probably too many people were taking advantage which is why they removed the button.

45 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, still do. They used to call it a "courtesy hold" button on their website Can't remember if you had to put in credit card info or not but I seem to think that when you flipped the "courtesy hold" to a real reservation, you had to confirm credit card info.

The button is no longer their and instead, there is a footnote buried deep within website that states you can cancel without penalty within 24 hours.

Probably too many people were taking advantage which is why they removed the button.

Not to mention holding cabins for a day when there was no intention to book the cruise.

TA's can do the same thing...

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you for that information, good to know. A few weeks ago I looked for that "Hold" button and was surprised that it was no longer there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Not to mention holding cabins for a day when there was no intention to book the cruise.

Yes, that's what I meant! Thank you for clarifying.

The words in my head don't always make it to the keyboard.

• Like 1