no April fools joke here 

found out at 6pm we were officially cancelled 

not many choices sailing on Sunday 

we are now booked on the dawn! 

I need help help and no time to research 

having trouble figuring out the dining and the app 

the specialty dining says ala cart 

but can’t find menus for prices 

and trying to hook restaurants... hubby and I both booked and can’t figure out how to delete 

help out a frazzled ohioan who just wants to go on vacation!!

• Like 1

That is correct; give them a call. I hope you enjoy the Dawn. She is small by today's standards but is a fun and friendly ship. As for booking dinner reservations cancel what you already have and book as soon as you get on the ship. At least that is what we normally do, but be sure to do it asap before all the good time slots are taken. Menu prices, sometimes you can just look up the restaurant and get the menu but they are not always up to date. Do you have a dining package or are you doing the specialty  dining on your own? I will add, if you do not have a package, you may want to just eat most of your dinners in the MDR without the extra cost of specialty dining, but be sure to do one specialty dining room at least. Before we started taking the dinning package as a perk, we usually ate 2 dinners in specialty dining rooms. 

• Like 1

If you do not have the dining package, keep in mind that gratuities will most likely be automatically added to the cost of your meal.  If you do have the dining package, you need to find out how many meals are included.  I helped a friend with dining options on another NCL ship.  For a la carte places and the dining package, you get one appetizer, one main course and one dessert each.  Best bet is to call the cruise line and they will help you with your questions.  A word of advice - of you are able, call early in the morning.  If you wait until evening to call, there is often a very long wait until you are able to have someone answer.

Keep in mind that the Dawn and Oasis are opposite ends of the spectrum as far as size and opportunities go. Change your expectations with that in mind. I mean, I hear is a great ship, just a different type of cruise than you had planned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

Keep in mind that the Dawn and Oasis are opposite ends of the spectrum as far as size and opportunities go. Change your expectations with that in mind. I mean, I hear is a great ship, just a different type of cruise than you had planned.

we had so little to choose from at such late notice !

but a cruise is a cruise and out of the Ohio snow ( yes it snowed again last weekend!)

mainly concerned about activities for my 12 yr old son

30 minutes ago, bobkins40 said:

we had so little to choose from at such late notice !

but a cruise is a cruise and out of the Ohio snow ( yes it snowed again last weekend!)

mainly concerned about activities for my 12 yr old son

The Dawn is tough for 12 YOs.  Main pool, table tennis, basketball court, ice cream machines, giant chess - not much else other than kids club.

We sailed Dan for NYE out of Puerto Rico and Loved it.

Teppenyaki is small so I would book it ASAP. Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

Moderno Churrascerria is amazing if you like Brazilian all you can eat meats!!  Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

We also did La Cucina which i was not a fan of, Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

iConcierge - this app can only be used  on board, just connect to their WiFi (intranet) and you app will work , you can use this in order to see your DAILIES, book reservations for dining and see charges to your account (Norwegian iConcierge app download  from google store or Apple store)

There is also a Norwegian Cruise Line app (not to be confused with NCL iConcierge) this app can be used to to view your vacation summaries, online check-in, schedule reservations for dining shore excursions, check mail from NCL (pretty much the NCL web page in app form)

To cancel reservations call NCL directly.

Edited by alexgtp
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

The Dawn is tough for 12 YOs.  Main pool, table tennis, basketball court, ice cream machines, giant chess - not much else other than kids club.

Repeating above adding more and location

Bottom to Top deck forward to aft

Shuffleboard Promenade deck 7 midship -

Walking Promenade deck 7 3.5 laps to the mile -

Board games check out at the Library deck 12 forward of the pool -

Main Pool deck 12 midship -

Fitness Center deck 12 aft (may need adult supervision) -

Deck jogging track mid-aft deck 13 16 laps to the mile -

Giant Chess/Checkers deck 13 midship -

Ping-Pong deck 13 midship -

Golf practice driving enclosure deck 13 midship -

Kids (teens) activities deck 13 aft near Arcade -

Video Arcade deck 13 aft -

Basketball deck 14 midship -

That Ice Cream machine and deserts - Garden Café deck 12 starboard aft

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, alexgtp said:

We sailed Dan for NYE out of Puerto Rico and Loved it.

Teppenyaki is small so I would book it ASAP. Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

Moderno Churrascerria is amazing if you like Brazilian all you can eat meats!!  Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

We also did La Cucina which i was not a fan of, Ala cart or 1 time charge using the dining package

iConcierge - this app can only be used  on board, just connect to their WiFi (intranet) and you app will work , you can use this in order to see your DAILIES, book reservations for dining and see charges to your account (Norwegian iConcierge app download  from google store or Apple store)

There is also a Norwegian Cruise Line app (not to be confused with NCL iConcierge) this app can be used to to view your vacation summaries, online check-in, schedule reservations for dining shore excursions, check mail from NCL (pretty much the NCL web page in app form)

To cancel reservations call NCL directly.

The iConcierge app has been replaced with the NCL app.  Once you are on the ship it will function similarly to the iConcierge app.

You will 

1 hour ago, vwlmember said:

The iConcierge app has been replaced with the NCL app.  Once you are on the ship it will function similarly to the iConcierge app.

OP, your son will have plenty to do: It is spring break for some kids so the ship should have plenty of kids his age to hang out with, plus all that has been suggested. I remember when the Dawn was considered a large ship and how much fun our grandkids had sailing on ships that size. I will add one more thing to the ideas you are getting: one of our favorite hangouts is Gatsby's piano bar. No, your son probably will not want to spend time there, but it is a great place for that after dinner drink and is centrally located. 

2 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

You will 

OP, your son will have plenty to do: It is spring break for some kids so the ship should have plenty of kids his age to hang out with, plus all that has been suggested. I remember when the Dawn was considered a large ship and how much fun our grandkids had sailing on ships that size. I will add one more thing to the ideas you are getting: one of our favorite hangouts is Gatsby's piano bar. No, your son probably will not want to spend time there, but it is a great place for that after dinner drink and is centrally located. 

Piano Bar sounds great, he is a budding musician who plays piano  so he might really love that !

Thanks for all the info guys

I really appreciate it ! I'm trying to scan thru all NCL posts quickly to get tips.

I am a planner so this whole situation is going to give me HIVES ( lol)

and I thought I was ready for an umbrella drink before !!

14 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Repeating above adding more and location

Bottom to Top deck forward to aft

Shuffleboard Promenade deck 7 midship -

Walking Promenade deck 7 3.5 laps to the mile -

Board games check out at the Library deck 12 forward of the pool -

Main Pool deck 12 midship -

Fitness Center deck 12 aft (may need adult supervision) -

Deck jogging track mid-aft deck 13 16 laps to the mile -

Giant Chess/Checkers deck 13 midship -

Ping-Pong deck 13 midship -

Golf practice driving enclosure deck 13 midship -