Calling Cabin with Cell Phone

3 minutes ago, lindalo5032 said:

If I have the Voom package and am on Wi-Fi calling, can I call someone in their cabin?  Do you just dial the cabin number?

No access to stateroom phones from a cell phone, unless you want to call the emergency number and pay $7.95 per minute.

You could call their cell phone, if they are also on wifi calling (and have the wifi package).

Or,  in certain places around the ship you will find something called a "landline" , usually near the elevators, which will allow you to call a cabin.

You can Google "landline", but basically it is a person to person communication device used in the last century, and early in this century. 

40 minutes ago, griffy116 said:

We just call THEIR cell phone. You can't call the cabins unless you are in your cabin or use one of the house phones around the ship.

Sounds like they were asking because the person theyre trying to contact won't have the Wi-fi package.

28 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

@EatonDoolittle Land line at sea! Did you intend the oxymoron?

Ha, yes, good catch.

Hard line, I suppose would have been a more accurate term in this instance. 

Basic survival tool from the old days when there did not seem to be a need  to have a phone attached to one's person at all times. 

There is a very funny video making the rounds of 20 somethings trying to figure out how to work a rotary phone.  

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Ha, yes, good catch.

Hard line, I suppose would have been a more accurate term in this instance. 

Basic survival tool from the old days when there did not seem to be a need  to have a phone attached to one's person at all times. 

There is a very funny video making the rounds of 20 somethings trying to figure out how to work a rotary phone.  

Actually in places like hotels, cruise line this is generally referred to as a "house" phone.

Edited by gatour
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gatour said:

Actually in places like hotels, cruise line this is generally referred to as a "house" phone.

We have often used the house phones on cruise ships to call cabins. Not everyone uses their cell phones and we are often away from the phone in our cabin when we want to contact that person. 

5 hours ago, lindalo5032 said:

If I have the Voom package and am on Wi-Fi calling, can I call someone in their cabin?  Do you just dial the cabin number?

You can call another cell phone that has voom and WiFi calling...cell phone in airplane mode